United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Fatboy Shrek

If only we had 11 Andersons eh Vio?

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Whalefish

FWIW on paper anyway, even minus Rooney/Ronnie/Saha we've still had the players to do a better job than they have done. There are many reasons why they haven't both the players and manager need to take responsibility and act quick. However I'm not so sure Fergie still has it in him and I honestly don't know whether he really knows what to do with the new signings.

It's hardly a secret that he would have preferred to wait another 12months for Nani and Anderson but the club felt others would step in, they certainly would have in ANderson's case, but I doubt either will be happy to sit on the bench for an entire season. They've got to get minutes and I just worry that they'll be shoehorned in at the expense of others.

Rock n roll anyway, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Wouldn't want it any other way. Life's dull enough as it is.

wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
-formations that dont make sense
-our midfield three is similar to chelseas over the years but imagine what they would be like if lampard was playing further back than makelele (this is the ROOT of our problem

ronaldo will pull us out the shit next week and carry the team for a while but this three games has shown how impotent we are without him wit certain players actually becoming hindrances.
No he won't.

We don't play next week.

As for being in the shit - we're two points off the leaders with 33 games to go. It hasn't been pretty so far but it will get good.

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
So, we're a club in crisis yet
we're only 2 points off the top

How does that work out?
it's a crisis because instead of measuring ourselves against the other shit after 4 or 5 games, we are measuring ourselves against the 15 points we should have had (if we had bought a striker over the summer). so far, we're 7 points down on where we should be.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:07 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's a crisis because instead of measuring ourselves against the other shit after 4 or 5 games, we are measuring ourselves against the 15 points we should have had (if we had bought a striker over the summer). so far, we're 7 points down on where we should be.
I don't think it's a crisis. It was tongue in cheek Jem.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Whalefish

I doubt Ronaldo will do a £#%&!ing thing against Everton. He'll be ineffective since he hasn't played for 3 games and will try too hard to impress. In fact I'll be £#%&!ing amazed if we come away with a point let alone all three.

Feel free to bump this back up if Utd win. I'll be gutted I guess.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

The idea that we didn't create "enough good chances" to score in those first 3 games is bizarre - we created the chances to win all 3 games. What we didn't do is take them. I won't go through the chances because if you don't want to admit we made them you won't want to hear the facts either.

As for keeping the ball in the corner against Sunderland? It was the last couple of minutes, and I enjoyed watching United take the piss for the first time in the game - it was pretty clear to everyone in the ground that we were not going to score again by that point anyway. Saha was just having fun AND doing his job ffs. What is wrong with some of you people?

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:11 AM
jem

Quote:
I don't think it's a crisis. It was tongue in cheek Jem.
it would be a crisis if everyone else wasn't shit.

we should have our own standards.

£#%&! it, we could have a cushion for when we play crap. you know... there might be a period during the season where we can't score because we don't have much idea up front.

did you see anelka's goal? and his crossing?

what about that torres fella?

berbatov looked a bit tasty. again.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
If only we had 11 Andersons eh Vio?
yep and started playing carrick instead of players who currently offer nothing but inbalance and confusion to the team.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
The idea that we didn't create "enough good chances" to score in those first 3 games is bizarre - we created the chances to win all 3 games. What we didn't do is take them. I won't go through the chances because if you don't want to admit we made them you won't want to hear the facts either.

As for keeping the ball in the corner against Sunderland? It was the last couple of minutes, and I enjoyed watching United take the piss for the first time in the game - it was pretty clear to everyone in the ground that we were not going to score again by that point anyway. Saha was just having fun AND doing his job ffs. What is wrong with some of you people?
And all that is correct.

In fact, I think we had enough efforts against Reading to win all 5 games this season.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Whalefish

We got a striker on a 2 year loan deal. Despite all the huff and puff in the press I think that speaks volumes atm. Any cash for players was probably spent on the other three (and the PiG). Not forgetting the other £7million for Carrick. I can think of 1 of the other 3 that we don't really need at present and would happily swap him for a Berbatov or a Huntelaar.

Utd were probably skint Jem but Gill et al were too shy to admit it. The @#%&!s.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:15 AM
violater

Quote:
No he won't.

We don't play next week.

As for being in the shit - we're two points off the leaders with 33 games to go. It hasn't been pretty so far but it will get good.
you cant read can you???

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
yep and started playing carrick instead of players who currently offer nothing but inbalance and confusion to the team.
I predict that Fergie will repeatedly shit on Carrick all season. Metaphorically speaking of course. But it will still disgust me.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:17 AM
violater

Quote:

what about games agsint spurs or the barely watchable game against sunderland?

and regarding chances again reading being enough to win 5 games.
its a shame we cant carry over chances eh?

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We got a striker on a 2 year loan deal. Despite all the huff and puff in the press I think that speaks volumes atm. Any cash for players was probably spent on the other three (and the PiG). Not forgetting the other £7million for Carrick. I can think of 1 of the other 3 that we don't really need at present and would happily swap him for a Berbatov or a Huntelaar.

Utd were probably skint Jem but Gill et al were too shy to admit it. The @#%&!s.
Taking Tevez on loan may be the smartest thing we've done in the transfer market for a while. Who knows how Rooney and Tevez will get on? Who knows who'll be available next summer or the one after?

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
what about games agsint spurs or the barely watchable game against sunderland?
The Spurs game opened out into a really entertaining game. Just cus we didn't roll them over doesn't mean it was a poor football match.

The Sunderland game was dire, hence the piss-taking at the end was a highlight.

Hopefully by the time Derby come to town we'll be flowing and the team will keep its glory-hunters happy with a 5 goal blitz.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I predict that Fergie will repeatedly shit on Carrick all season. Metaphorically speaking of course. But it will still disgust me.
How do you predict carrick will react to being dropped?

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
The Spurs game opened out into a really entertaining game. Just cus we didn't roll them over doesn't mean it was a poor football match.
I must say I actually enjoyed the Spurs game. I realise it was only for the second 45mins but it was nice to see an away team come and have a real go. Albeit one that had gone a goal behind. Still, they had their moments prior to that too.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
No idea to be honest. I hope he sticks his chest out, gets his head down, and pushes on and tries to make it difficult for Fergie not to pick him. That would really give the manager a headache. However whilst I'm not one to slate Scholes and Giggs (they will still show their worth this season) I cannot see Fergie picking any of the new boys over these two and that really worries me. I find it quite disturbing. Not quite as disturbing as his opinion that Utd can get 3 more years from Gary but that's a different issue entirely...

If we're going to play 4-3-3 then we need a midfielder with some energy in there, to break from deep. That would be Anderson for me when he's settled. But that's just my opinon. If it's 4-4-2 then again I'd like to see Anderson on the left Hargreaves in the middle alongside Scholes or Carrick. I don't like picking players on their past records, I'm more interested in the here and now and like others if they're puttingi in shit shifts I'd like to see them dropped from time to time. I can just see Fergie having this approach with other players, not the stalwarts if that makes sense. Taking Anderson off at half time yesterday was daft IMO does nothing for the lads confidence. He could have quite easily brought Saha on for Eagles, played ANderson wide left in his preferred role and Nani on the right. Job done.

Mind you once the CL kicks in I cannot see Giggs and Scholes playing every game so I'll probably get my wish and look pretty £#%&!ing foolish.

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
I hope he doesnt get dropped, there should be some sort of rotation with scholes, carrick and hargreaves. against sunderland i would have played carrick and scholes rather than hargreaves because clearly we were going to own the possession and so DM duties are a bit less important.

What worries me is that Carrick looked lost when he was on the park with scholes and hargreaves and he's not the type of personality to start being agressive and making sure he gets more of the ball than the others, probably because he's so much of a team player and the truth is he shouldnt have to do that.

Hopefully this can all be worked out over the next few weeks and some sort of regular pattern will emerge that works for everyone. I personally hate to see a player like carrick suffer because he has done nothing wrong for the club since joining, it's only new players and formations that are throwing him off, and i think thats something the coaching team need to get sorted rather fast.
Closed Thread