Manchester United 8 points.

Maths a weak point Sam?

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Ether

No, we're 2 points off the top.

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation

after another 5 games, which will be 10 played, we will be top! mmw!

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
wonky no

the filth have a game in hand

they also have a hard month coming up.

we will top the league by the end of september and stay there until may. In the meantime we will get to all 3 cup finals.

i honestly can't see a problem

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Fatboy Shrek

But the Scousers goal difference counts for a point, we need to win every game from here on in.

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
we're only 2 points off the top

How does that work out?
To early for it to be called a crisis but naysayers are basing their predictions on the fact that very few good opportunities are being created and there appears to be something of an imbalance at the moment. The return of saha, rooney and ronaldo will likely fix that though. But you have to admit so far, although we have points on the board we have looked far from convincing.

neworder

not looked at the table to be honest

Got other things to worry about

Like not murdering someone

I actually think we will win the league and anyone who thinks we are in crisis is a @#%&!

violater

erm.

we have limped into our current position looking like less of a goal threat than chelsea in their 1-0 wins a few seasons ago.

we barely trouble the keeper in games,run out of ideas in the final third and have nothing be prud about the fashion in which we won our hom games...(holding the ball in the corner against sunderland at home)

dont let our position decieve you we have be shit and its looks very worrying.

this isnt just our four games, its the back end of last season and the way we played against reading at full strength(we look impotent even with ronaldo and rooney)

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
But the Scousers goal difference counts for a point, we need to win every game from here on in.
The scousers have won it. We're fighting for automatic Champions League qualification.

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
To early for it to be called a crisis but naysayers are basing their predictions on the fact that very few good opportunities are being created and there appears to be something of an imbalance at the moment. The return of saha, rooney and ronaldo will likely fix that though. But you have to admit so far, although we have points on the board we have looked far from convincing.
Agree with that up until the last sentence. Ironically in the three games where Utd dropped points 'we' looked good - very good against Pompey IMO and did more than enough to beat Citeh and Reading - but in the two games since Utd have been poor or below par yet somehow got 6points.

It's a funny old game.....

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:49 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Agree with that up until the last sentence. Ironically in the three games where Utd dropped points 'we' looked good - very good against Pompey IMO and did more than enough to beat Citeh and Reading - but in the two games since Utd have been poor or below par yet somehow got 6points.

very good in the same way arsenal looks very good but with even LESS goal threat.

we havent scored alot of goals and no keepers have had anything that even resembles a "game of their lives" against us.so exactly how have we looks so "great"..
we were never saying arsenal looks great last season when we were drawing against teams like chelsea and then banging in 6 against relegation candidates like a team are doing now while arsenal were playing as we were.

this says it all.

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Whalefish

Go on Violater, what's the answer?

I personally reckon Fergie £#%&!ed up in the transfer market. We didn't really need Nani IMO and should've bought a number 9 to compete with Saha.

We're going to finish 6th or 7th aren't we? Oh well, I'd written off the season before it starts we haven't done well in recent years when we've added too many new faces to the squad. Rooney and Ronaldo won't make too much of a difference, Saha will be key but he's never fit for more than 2/3 games.

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:

We only looked good because we had a lot of possession - we still failed to create enough good chances even in those games imo...

If the teams we play are simply allowing us possession and asking us to break them down then having possession is really not a sign that are dominating - the other team has given us the possession it's what we do with it that counts - which clearly, in all games, has not been enough...

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:53 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:

i think united have suffered a crisis of confidence since the citee defeat, the results have improved but our football disimproved, i think that the international break has come at just the right time and with ronnie and perhaps neville returning for the next match we will start pushing on, we will be right back in it.

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:55 PM
wonky no

we miss richardson badly

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
We only looked good because we had a lot of possession - we still failed to create enough good chances even in those games imo...

If the teams we play are simply allowing us possession and asking us to break them down then having possession is really not a sign that are dominating - the other team has given us the possession it's what we do with it that counts - which clearly, in all games, has not been enough...
We're going to have to get used to playing teams at home who stick 10 men behind the ball. I don;t care whether we have Goofy in the side or Henry those teams, no matter how shite or average, are still difficult to break down. The fact we have a disjointed/unbalanced side only compounds the problem further. I suspect our best performances this year will be away from home when the home side actually tries to score a goal or two.

If I hear another person say the international break is a good thing I'll jump out of my window. We never put in a decent performance after one, in fact we're normally worse than our recent form. Which doesn't bode well for Everton who I still say will beat us quite easily. 3-0. Get your mortgage on it.

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:58 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
we miss richardson badly
Like a hole in the £#%&!ing head

Unread 03-09-2007, 12:03 AM
violater

Quote:
Go on Violater, what's the answer?

I personally reckon Fergie £#%&!ed up in the transfer market. We didn't really need Nani IMO and should've bought a number 9 to compete with Saha.

We're going to finish 6th or 7th aren't we? Oh well, I'd written off the season before it starts we haven't done well in recent years when we've added too many new faces to the squad. Rooney and Ronaldo won't make too much of a difference, Saha will be key but he's never fit for more than 2/3 games.
-formations that dont make sense
-our midfield three is similar to chelseas over the years but imagine what they would be like if lampard was playing further back than makelele (this is the ROOT of our problem

ronaldo will pull us out the shit next week and carry the team for a while but this three games has shown how impotent we are without him wit certain players actually becoming hindrances.
Closed Thread