United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:58 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I don't think I will stoop to respond to your hissy fit. Yes no european managers were in for Parker or Jagielka but then none of them were in for Andy Johnson when Everton signed him and he has done well where as all of them rated Seba Veron and look how he did. You seem to have your head stuck in the european clouds, convinced that those on the continent have some mystic knowledge of English football derived from the fact they watch it from the outside. Not every great player is a Messi or a Rooney who have been tipped for greatness since the age of 14, some rise through the ranks.
Nevermind, you use the phrase "not united class" and everyone will agree with you.
Quote:
Jagielka not parker.
what have jagielka, andy johnson done to say that they are great? Jagielka had one good ( actually average ) season with sheffield united. As did koumos with west brom a few seasons back. where is he now? championship.

And for andy johnson...he is a good striker so what? Your point was mainly about hargreaves...since you are being shown up, you are bringing random names to it.

bedders is not throwing hissy fit. he is actually arguing and debating excellently. as you are slowly being shown up on the wrong side you have started crying.

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:07 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
what have jagielka, andy johnson done to say that they are great? Jagielka had one good ( actually average ) season with sheffield united. As did koumos with west brom a few seasons back. where is he now? championship.

And for andy johnson...he is a good striker so what? Your point was mainly about hargreaves...since you are being shown up, you are bringing random names to it.

bedders is not throwing hissy fit. he is actually arguing and debating excellently. as you are slowly being shown up on the wrong side you have started crying.
Koumas? You mean the player voted best player in the championship? The one destined for the Premiership where he will be a good player like he was last time? That Koumas?

My point was (and bare with me here) Moyes at Everton signed Johnson when nobody in Europe (what bedders was talking about) and he has been a really good signing for them helping them to a top 6 finish dispite nobody from the continent looking to sign him. This is a direct parallel with Jagielka which I thought would be very obvious but you missed it.

The hissy fit is bringing my FC affiliation in to a debate that has nothing to do with it and my not responding is not insulting him for being welsh.

Are you now up to speed?

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Koumas? You mean the player voted best player in the championship? The one destined for the Premiership where he will be a good player like he was last time? That Koumas?

My point was (and bare with me here) Moyes at Everton signed Johnson when nobody in Europe (what bedders was talking about) and he has been a really good signing for them helping them to a top 6 finish dispite nobody from the continent looking to sign him. This is a direct parallel with Jagielka which I thought would be very obvious but you missed it.

The hissy fit is bringing my FC affiliation in to a debate that has nothing to do with it and my not responding is not insulting him for being welsh.

Are you now up to speed?
So, United should sign players who are good enough to play for teams who aspitre to be top 6 at best 'cos they ae whatyou need to win the title? It's drivel. Fergie prefers an international who has a CL winners medal and was a regular for a pretty £#%&!ing good manager in Hitzfelds team yet you still think Jagielka, who isn't really a midfielder anyway and Parker are better than him? You are as I stated previously, delusional and will be proven so next season.

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:17 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
So, United should sign players who are good enough to play for teams who aspitre to be top 6 at best 'cos they ae whatyou need to win the title? It's drivel. Fergie prefers an international who has a CL winners medal and was a regular for a pretty £#%&!ing good manager in Hitzfelds team yet you still think Jagielka, who isn't really a midfielder anyway and Parker are better than him? You are as I stated previously, delusional and will be proven so next season.
I think both Jagielka and Parker would be able to do the same job as Hargreaves will do for United and would represent better value as signings. In terms of team performance I don't think any differences would be that noticable.
I'm sure Hargreaves will be decent for United in centre mid in the same way that Pip Neville was and lets not forget that Neville had some really good games for us there (and he wasn't really a midfielder either).

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:18 AM
sharath

Quote:
you are as I stated previously, delusional and will be proven so next season.
I think he has already managed it bedders...

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:19 AM
sharath

Quote:
I think
thats the difference though. only you think and fortunately you think shit.

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think both Jagielka and Parker would be able to do the same job as Hargreaves will do for United and would represent better value as signings. In terms of team performance I don't think any differences would be that noticable.
I'm sure Hargreaves will be decent for United in centre mid in the same way that Pip Neville was and lets not forget that Neville had some really good games for us there (and he wasn't really a midfielder either).
Well all that shows is you've not really watched any of the players you are talking about. Your opinions are basically laughable and slightly pathetic.

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:20 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
You know I can take it from bedders but from someone who claims we should be signing Viduka? You're a worse crank than me.

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Oh I know.

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:21 AM
sharath

Quote:
You know I can take it from bedders but from someone who claims we should be signing Viduka? You're a worse crank than me.
I didn't claim we have to sign vidhuka...I just said he would be better than smith on the bench ( at least a goal threat than smith ).

Unread 05-06-2007, 10:28 AM
The Return of JC

Why aren't Jagielka or Parker near the England squad?

Hargreaves is first in line after Lampard and Gerrard.

I'd say Parker and Jagielka are behind him, Carrick (yes. OUR Michael Carrick. Hargreaves is preffered to him too), Barton, King (in a defensive midfield role) and maybe even Nolan and anyone else I've forgotten on the fringes.

And before anyone says 'who gives a £#%&! about England?'.

I don't, but it's an example of two managers (Sven and McClaren. Three if you include Terry Venables input) of contrasting styles, background, origin and approach who both think Owen Hargreaves is better than Jagielka and Parker.
And, if truth be told, Carrick too. And we all know how good he has been.

Add these to the fact that he's played under Otmar Hitzfeld for the past 8 years or so and now Fergie rates him highly enough to spuck £17m on him, it is rather strange and baffling than anyone other than a Sheffield United fan would think Phil Jagielka is as good as Owen Hargreaves.

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Again and again I am told that I have said he is a better player. I haven't, I have said he would be a better signing for United. A club that are vastly in debt and can get a homegrown player who supports the club for less than half of the money of the foreign superstar.
So presumably you are against the Nani and Anderson signings? I mean Richardson and Eagles are home grown players who cost us nothing and as such don't add to the debt that has suddenly become your argument in the Hargreaves case. OK they aren't as good as Nani or Anderson, just like Jagielka isn't as good as Hargreaves but in this new argument that you've come up with that doesn't matter does it? Oh by the way,you said there are better players than Hargreaves available for less money and used Jagielka and Parker as examples so what you claim you didn't say, you in fact did which is pretty pathetic.

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:14 AM
puressence

utd cant sign players like jagielka or parker or johnson cos they are trendy enough ....

andy johnson is a good player and better than our forwards we have .. jagielka is better than fletcher and oshea and richardson as is parker by a mile

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
utd cant sign players like jagielka or parker or johnson cos they are trendy enough ....

andy johnson is a good player and better than our forwards we have .. jagielka is better than fletcher and oshea and richardson as is parker by a mile
Coming from you that's a £#%&!ing laugh with your Ribery, Cacapa, Senna and £#%&! knows who else obsessions. Anywayt are you also against the Nani and Anderson signings now due to their fashionability?

As to certain people being better than some of our squad players, that isn't a reason to sign them, a reason to sign a player is that they are the best players available that we can afford in positions of need.

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
sharath

Quote:

now now pure... you are taking your jokes too far.

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:19 AM
puressence

Quote:
Coming from you that's a £#%&!ing laugh with your Ribery, Cacapa, Senna and £#%&! knows who else obsessions. Anywayt are you also against the Nani and Anderson signings now due to their fashionability?

As to certain people being better than some of our squad players, that isn't a reason to sign them, a reason to sign a player is that they are the best players available that we can afford in positions of need.
caccapa ribery and senna who we should have signed and almost did after £#%&!ing him about are better than alot of our players ..

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:22 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
So presumably you are against the Nani and Anderson signings? I mean Richardson and Eagles are home grown players who cost us nothing and as such don't add to the debt that has suddenly become your argument in the Hargreaves case. OK they aren't as good as Nani or Anderson, just like Jagielka isn't as good as Hargreaves but in this new argument that you've come up with that doesn't matter does it? Oh by the way,you said there are better players than Hargreaves available for less money and used Jagielka and Parker as examples so what you claim you didn't say, you in fact did which is pretty pathetic.
Now you come to mention it I do feel that SAF does not give youngsters the same chances that he used to back in the old days. David Jones looked like he was going to be great, he excelled in Belgium and Holland, he was great in the championship and after one bad league cup game he was binned off. Lee Martin is another who hasn't had a fair crack of the whip but the point with buying a left winger is Richardson is a @#%&! and Giggs will need to be replaced and if you are not going to give Martin a shot then you do need someone.

Anyway Nani and Anderson from what I have seen are far better than Eagles where as Hargreaves is not THAT much better than Jagielka.

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
caccapa ribery and senna who we should have signed and almost did after £#%&!ing him about are better than alot of our players ..
But wait a minute, in your last post you were on about us ignoring non-fashionable players like Johnson for players just like the ones you are now mentioning. You are basically being a textbook hypocrite. Btw, when did the only criteria for your signings become being better than O Shea? Doesn't matter if you are better or worse than other players available as long as you are better than O Shea?

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:39 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
But wait a minute, in your last post you were on about us ignoring non-fashionable players like Johnson for players just like the ones you are now mentioning. You are basically being a textbook hypocrite. Btw, when did the onlycriteria for your signings become being better than O Shea? Doesn't matter if you are better or worse than other players available as long as you ae better than O Shea?
In the same way we should buy Viduka because he's better than Smith.

If we signed any one of the players who are a greater goal threat than Smith coming off the bench then we could end up with Harewood, Jon Stead, McBride, Fowler, Kitson, Zamora, Maccarone, Mpenza.

But why not, eh? They're more of a goal threat than Smith.

We should concentrate on who is good enough to take us forward, not who is better than our weakest players.

Unread 05-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Coracao

I'm glad to see the myth of Scott Parker is still going strong, 3 years after he last had a decent game.

He doesn't have the brain to play for a club in the top 4.
His passing is piss poor.
He is slow as £#%&!.
Even his positional sense is nothing above average.

That's why he's going to West Ham.
Closed Thread