United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:58 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
So Munich were well in for them but they turned them down? You are actually delusional aren't you.
I didn't say that though did I? I said that there was no chance of them going. FC United have not made any bids for Ronaldinho but that does not mean they would not take him if they could. German football is not going to attract the very cream of young players from England, Spain or Italy so they don't bother. I have no doubt they have someone else lined up to replace Hargreaves.

rebelcountyred

harry kewell said we were on a downward slope, he got that right

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Ah but how did the Irons nip in ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal who surely must've been in for him?
Like I say, the 'ammers will dominate European football for the next 50 years.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I didn't say that though did I? I said that there was no chance of them going. FC United have not made any bids for Ronaldinho but that does not mean they would not take him if they could. German football is not going to attract the very cream of young players from England, Spain or Italy so they don't bother. I have no doubt they have someone else lined up to replace Hargreaves.
But can you explain why these players who are so much cheaper AND better thatn Hargreaves are ending up at mediocre mid-table clubs rather than top 4 clubs? I mean these are players you wanted at United after all yet they are ending up at West Ham and Everton???

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Like I say, the 'ammers will dominate European football for the next 50 years.
How can they with the brilliant Spurs destroying all that is put before them? Who can compete with Zokoro and Huddleston ever again?

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:10 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
That's me convinced
yeah his uncle works for Bolton wanderers and he said it was nailed on but saying that wasnt Torres nailed on last season?

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:11 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
But can you explain why these players who are so much cheaper AND better thatn Hargreaves are ending up at mediocre mid-table clubs rather than top 4 clubs? I mean these are players you wanted at United after all yet they are ending up at West Ham and Everton???
Even the most ardent of kopites would have to begrudging accept that Everton are a club on the up, they have made Europe this season and Moyes is managing them well, they finished 6th this season. You can piss and moan about not being "top 4" but they are top 6 and looking to build. West Ham have pots and pots of cash, Parker will be paid a huge amount of money as he has been stated to be the clubs highest earner and since Lucas Neil is on 60K a week this is a big pay day.

So is your criteria for a great player that they only join top 4 clubs then? So When Maradonna joined Napoli he wasn't a great player? When Bestie joined Fulham? When Law joined city?

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
yeah his uncle works for Bolton wanderers and he said it was nailed on but saying that wasnt Torres nailed on last season?
No, Guillem Balague said it which made it impossible to be true.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Even the most ardent of kopites would have to begrudging accept that Everton are a club on the up, they have made Europe this season and Moyes is managing them well, they finished 6th this season. You can piss and moan about not being "top 4" but they are top 6 and looking to build. West Ham have pots and pots of cash, Parker will be paid a huge amount of money as he has been stated to be the clubs highest earner and since Lucas Neil is on 60K a week this is a big pay day.

So is your criteria for a great player that they only join top 4 clubs then? So When Maradonna joined Napoli he wasn't a great player? When Bestie joined Fulham? When Law joined city?
So you are still stating that Fergie has waited a year to massively overspend on a player who is far worse and more expensive than signings made by Everyton and west Ham? How inept a manager do you think Fergie is then? Personally I think you are showing that it is ion fact you who is utterly clueless and your previous point was utterly pathetic. Go on how inept do you consider Fergie to bein wasting so much on such a bad player and waiting a year with better players around to do it?

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:16 AM
puressence

bedders is like a dog with a bone this morning

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
bedders is like a dog with a bone this morning
Takes one to know one.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:24 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
So you are still stating that Fergie has waited a year to massively overspend on a player who is far worse and more expensive than signings made by Everyton and west Ham? How inept a manager do you think Fergie is then? Personally I think you are showing that it is ion fact you who is utterly clueless and your previous point was utterly pathetic. Go on how inept do you consider Fergie to bein wasting so much on such a bad player and waiting a year with better players around to do it?
How inept do I think Fergie is? Not at all, any manager who spends 43 million pounds on Eric Djemba x2, David Bellion, Alan Smith, Kleberson and J S Veron must know EXACTLY the market value of everyone.

Seriously Fergie is like a dog with a bone when he wants his man and once he has made his mind up he gets them. Smith he wanted for years and finally got, same with Hargreaves and I think they will both have the same squad impact.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:25 AM
puressence

Quote:
How inept do I think Fergie is? Not at all, any manager who spends 43 million pounds on Eric Djemba x2, David Bellion, Alan Smith, Kleberson and J S Veron must know EXACTLY the market value of everyone.

Seriously Fergie is like a dog with a bone when he wants his man and once he has made his mind up he gets them. Smith he wanted for years and finally got, same with Hargreaves and I think they will both have the same squad impact.
smith he wanted for years are you on drugs it was a toss up between him and viduka up till the last minute

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:29 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
smith he wanted for years are you on drugs it was a toss up between him and viduka up till the last minute
Not this morning no. Fergie was an admirer of Smith for a long time, he was always chipping in little bits of praise for him.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
sharath

Quote:
Bayern are certainly throw in the Hargreaves cash about. Btw, I thought Anelka had some sort of agreement/buyout clause that allows him to go for £8 million?
it has been mooted but if it was true, national press would have got hint about that surely...

Quote:
Me too.

And both those options only came about since leeds got relegated...

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

and yet no top manager anywhere in Europe agrees with your assesment, yet you argue this proves your point in some way. If you were actually a United fan you'd look an idiot over Hargreaves next seasion but as it is itwon't matter anyway.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:45 AM
sharath

Quote:
Also take in to account the fact that Parker has moved back to London because he does not like it "Up North" what do you think his chances of settling in Germany are? And why if you are a good Sale lad and rising star of the England setup would you want to go and play in a league fast becoming second rate and where nobody will see you so your international prospects will be damaged.
rising star? for £#%&! sake he is 27 already and is rotting like shit for the past 2 seasons.

almost all newcastle fans wanted emre to stay and parker to sell and thats what they are getting.

parker is woefully shit at passing. Actually he is a mediocre sissoko and thats saying something.

As for saying great players not playing for top4....most of them aren't actually nowadays. during best and maradona times there was not as such any top4.

I don't see any top player last season who didn't play in one of the top4 teams in his league...if he did ( like suazo ), he will moving to a top team ( suazo to inter )....

I know you may not be best pleased with hargreaves signing and the money...but a 26 year old hargreaves for 17m and £55,000 week salary is better than a 27 year old 8m dog shit parker on £72000 week salary.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:52 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
and yet no top manager anywhere in Europe agrees with your assesment, yet you argue this proves your point in some way. If you were actually a United fan you'd look an idiot over Hargreaves next seasion but as it is itwon't matter anyway.
Ooooh look at you getting all thorny cos I don't agree with you.

I don't think I will stoop to respond to your hissy fit. Yes no european managers were in for Parker or Jagielka but then none of them were in for Andy Johnson when Everton signed him and he has done well where as all of them rated Seba Veron and look how he did. You seem to have your head stuck in the european clouds, convinced that those on the continent have some mystic knowledge of English football derived from the fact they watch it from the outside. Not every great player is a Messi or a Rooney who have been tipped for greatness since the age of 14, some rise through the ranks.
Nevermind, you use the phrase "not united class" and everyone will agree with you.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:54 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
rising star? for £#%&! sake he is 27 already and is rotting like shit for the past 2 seasons.
Jagielka not parker.

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Ooooh look at you getting all thorny cos I don't agree with you.

I don't think I will stoop to respond to your hissy fit. Yes no european managers were in for Parker or Jagielka but then none of them were in for Andy Johnson when Everton signed him and he has done well where as all of them rated Seba Veron and look how he did. You seem to have your head stuck in the european clouds, convinced that those on the continent have some mystic knowledge of English football derived from the fact they watch it from the outside. Not every great player is a Messi or a Rooney who have been tipped for greatness since the age of 14, some rise through the ranks.
Nevermind, you use the phrase "not united class" and everyone will agree with you.
You want Andy Johnson along with Parker and Jagielka now? You really don't have much of a clue do you. Honestly with you as chief scout we'd be struggling in mid-table. I think non-league football's adled your brain.
Closed Thread