United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:27 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
£#%&! that.

its gonna be just smith, ole, saha, rooney.
we're going to be playing one up with three behind next year. with the options we have that's plenty:

one of: saha/rooney/smith/ole
three from: ronnie/nani/rooney/anderson/park/rossi/scholes/giggs
two from carrick/scholes/hargreaves/fletcher/o'shea

that looks pretty healthy to me. i expect ole and smith to look much better with a decent pre-season behind them as well.

The Return of JC

Also, why did we enquire about his availabilty (if rumours are true) and then say we're not interested.

I can only picture a silly prank call.

Ring Ring.

Gartside: 'Hello. Phil Gartside.'
Gill: 'Hi. It's David Gill. Just ringing to check the availability of Nicholas Anelka.'
Gartside: 'He's not for sale.'
Gill: 'Good!....because we don't want him....ah ha ha ha ha....''

Gill hangs up.

Buuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Skag Trendy

Doooooooooom

So £#%&! just because were not after the slapped arse Frenchman doesnt mean we wont sign anyone.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:28 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think that's nonsense. Anyway :-

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...t/sport4.shtml

FERGIE ON SAV TRIAL

By James Fletcher

SIR ALEX FERGUSON is eyeing Argentine sensation Javier Saviola.

He believes the 25-year-old striker could be the final piece in his Manchester United jigsaw — and at a bargain price.

Saviola is set to quit Barcelona this month on a Bosman free, paving the way for a possible move to Old Trafford for less than £7 million. Any deal on offer would be for around three years and worth about £50,000 a week.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Bolton, Valencia and Real Madrid are also interested but United are Saviola's preferred choice.

Offers

Saviola, who has had three years at the Nou Camp, is not impressed by a new deal offer from the Spanish giants at much reduced money.

He said: "I consider my career at Barcelona is finished. There are several offers on the table."

He's a £#%&!ing dwarf. We have Rossi, I see no reason at all why we would be interested in Saviola, other than the fact that he's on a bosman.

We need someone who can lead the frontline, good header of the ball, has a decent turn of pace and a decent goalscorer.

Sounds like Anelka or bust imo.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:30 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Don't roll your eyes at me you spotty little @#%&!.

It's true, I'll stake my reputation on it.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
He's a £#%&!ing dwarf. We have Rossi, I see no reason at all why we would be interested in Saviola, other than the fact that he's on a bosman.

We need someone who can lead the frontline, good header of the ball, has a decent turn of pace and a decent goalscorer.

Sounds like Anelka or bust imo.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Robbie Keane is available for £30m

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:35 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Don't shoot the messenger.
S'alright Ant, I read it yesterday in the NOTW, I reckon it's a load of old %@#$&!s anyway. I rather we got Owen than him.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:36 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
we're going to be playing one up with three behind next year. with the options we have that's plenty:

one of: saha/rooney/smith/ole

I suspect you right, but look at that list.

Saha - unreliable
Rooney - always looks a little lost on his own. However valiant efforts.
Smith - neat and tidy. holds up well, but doesn't score enough. Too slow.
Ole - come on, I love him - but he's finished.

There's only really Saha who does the job sufficiently and he's had too many injuries/attitude problems to ever to considered automatic first choice again.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Robbie Keane is available for £30m
Ah that we could sign him and Defoe, perchance with Huddleston to supply them, we'd win 5 Champions leagues in a row with their quality.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
S'alright Ant, I read it yesterday in the NOTW, I reckon it's a load of old %@#$&!s anyway. I rather we got Owen than him.
I concur with your assesment of the story, though not with your preference for ickle Michael.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:53 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
I concur with your assesment of the story, though not with your preference for ickle Michael.
I'd like to give them both restraining orders.

To be fair, I haven't seen that much of Saviola since his fall from grace at Barca.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:54 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

To be fair, I haven't seen that much of Saviola since his fall from grace at Barca.
I'm haven't either, but he's not really what we need is he?

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

I haven't either, I'd still prefer him to Owen.

Unread 04-06-2007, 10:06 AM
rebelcountyred

not interested in anelka, something fishy if you ask me, why was gill talking to the bolton chairman? why did anelka say that if united come calling etc, why are bolton trying to sign sibierski? why do i ask so many questions? why am i talking to myself?

Unread 04-06-2007, 10:08 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I'm haven't either, but he's not really what we need is he?
I've heard he's a mean right back.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone read Andersons interview in the papers yesterday. His prefered position is LB. He even made his debut for Brazil there !

Unread 04-06-2007, 10:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
not interested in anelka, something fishy if you ask me, why was gill talking to the bolton chairman? why did anelka say that if united come calling etc, why are bolton trying to sign sibierski? why do i ask so many questions? why am i talking to myself?
Yup, lots of questions, very few answers. Wait and see.

Unread 04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred

It would be interesting to know if Gill contacted Gartside or if Gartside contacted Gill.

Unread 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It would be interesting to know if Gill contacted Gartside or if Gartside contacted Gill.
or if Gartside is just making it up.

Unread 04-06-2007, 10:27 AM
rebelcountyred

gartside could be denying talks in order to keep the price of sibierski down
Closed Thread