Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2018, 10:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Ribaltaers?

He's a catalan.

BTW going in for alexis, now going for seri, fred, savic. Stinks of Ribalta. Absolutely ravaged with Ribalta.
Savic would be my pick out of those three

Granted I haven't seen Seri or Fred much at all, but Savic would be ideal in the prem in seems more like a Mou type player.

Unread 25-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Billy Redface

A statement without having to actually do anything.

Enough to shut the PSG rumours up for the time being..... but like LVG and Moyes before him, he'll gone in blink of an eye if we regress next season.

We won't though.

Unread 25-01-2018, 10:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Granted I haven't seen Seri or Fred much at all, but Savic would be ideal in the prem in seems more like a Mou type player.
I'd get both. Matic turning 30 this year no? Carrick gone, Fellaini bout to do a runner on a free. Since Seri isnt so pricy we could do both possibly.

Ribaltaers in full action now, the difference in who we're linked with compared to previous years is interesting. Less superstars, more up and comers.

Unread 25-01-2018, 10:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
I'd get both. Matic turning 30 this year no? Carrick gone, Fellaini bout to do a runner on a free. Since Seri isnt so pricy we could do both possibly.

Ribaltaers in full action now, the difference in who we're linked with compared to previous years is interesting. Less superstars, more up and comers.
Hasn't that Seri got a medical issue with cold weather or some shit?

Unread 25-01-2018, 10:15 PM
saffers

Quote:
Hasn't that Seri got a medical issue with cold weather or some shit?
Temperature in Nice and Manchester not that different these days no?

Unread 25-01-2018, 11:13 PM
MOE1948

Quote:

2016 till 2021

and more to come as he said in his interview

Stop dreaming. Jose is here to stay. Minimum 2 CL victories in the next 10 years.
Just like a hole in the air.

Unread 25-01-2018, 11:16 PM
dunk

Think he’s still got 3 years left on the last extension he signed for Chelsea tbh..

That said, I read that Alan Pardew still has 2 and a half years to run on his 8 year deal at Newcastle

Contracts mean £#%&! all.

Unread 25-01-2018, 11:18 PM
TheFatGoth

Just a smokescreen to suppress the AVB speculation until the summer imo.

Unread 25-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think he’s still got 3 years left on the last extension he signed for Chelsea tbh..

That said, I read that Alan Pardew still has 2 and a half years to run on his 8 year deal at Newcastle

Contracts mean f*** all.
Yes and no. Particularly for managers. It's usually an indication that the manager is doing well, if nothing else.

Eight years

The long-term first-time contract is insane

Unread 25-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

Contracts mean f*** all.
Moyes is not in his last year of his United contract until next year....

£#%&!ing hell....

Unread 25-01-2018, 11:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Can’t even remember when we last signed a superstar name tbh.

Unread 25-01-2018, 11:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

£#%&!ing hell....

Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Or anyone that wasn’t an up and comer..

Looking forward to that unknown up and comer Oezil arriving.

Unread 26-01-2018, 12:08 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

£#%&!ing hell....
Truly incredible stat. In every sense.

Unread 26-01-2018, 10:22 AM
jem

that photo of ed and jo mo.

Unread 26-01-2018, 10:25 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that photo of ed and jo mo.
i love it

Unread 26-01-2018, 10:29 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:

Seri is 5'6 and Savic is 6'4 that's all you need to know

Unread 26-01-2018, 11:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
i love it
indeed. this year's christmas card sorted. :0)

Unread 26-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Quote:

Perspective

Or anyone that wasn’t an up and comer..

Looking forward to that unknown up and comer Oezil arriving.
In fairness to saffers he was talking about who we were linked with (ie stuff the papers have made up) rather than who we have signed. The fact that he is implicitly using that to draw conclusions about the evolution of our transfer policy is not for me to comment on.

Unread 26-01-2018, 11:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
In fairness to saffers he was talking about who we were linked with (ie stuff the papers have made up) rather than who we have signed. The fact that he is implicitly using that to draw conclusions about the evolution of our transfer policy is not for me to comment on.
He's got a point tbh, Juve were quick to snap up old and young alike where a good deal was to be had, just felt pouring some salt over his quite ridiculously saccharin view on things. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Does feel like we're getting more into Mou's wheelhouse with signings like Zlat, Mkhitaryan, Matic, Sanchez, probably Pogba & Lukaku too, as both were already well established when we signed them, and potentially Ozil, over the likes of Bailley and Lindelof. Lots of players at their peak to ensure short term success..

Unread 26-01-2018, 11:32 AM
20 times

Poggers: 24
Rommers: 24
Linders: 22/23
Baillyers: 22/23

Why does Mou always sign old players?
Closed Thread