United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2017, 08:45 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Would take the europa. Never won it. Hope we get roma next round. Absolute battles. Home and away. I'll be there. No doubt you shit the bed fannies will be whining its not a real trophy

Funny that. Its a trophy we must win. Complete the set. I couldnt be arsed going tonight. Still went. Had a good laugh. Saw some shit goals. I want Roma
Spot on. Also, winning the europa gets us into the champions league next year and would be a handy backup plan to finishing top 4

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
No offence but didn't we use to call this the plastic treble?
Don't be so facetious, we are in the competitions now so they are really important. Weve never sang derogatory songs about the uefa cup on Thursday nights either. Honest

we've already bagged the charity shield 'trophy' so it could be a quadruple!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Would take the europa. Never won it. Hope we get roma next round. Absolute battles. Home and away. I'll be there. No doubt you shit the bed fannies will be whining its not a real trophy

Funny that. Its a trophy we must win. Complete the set. I couldnt be arsed going tonight. Still went. Had a good laugh. Saw some shit goals. I want Roma

True dat, iam hearing Real and Barca are going to throw the rest of their games in la liga so they can qualify for the uefa cup and have a chance to complete that prestige's collection of trophies.

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:42 AM
elephantstone

I think Jose will ditch the importance of the Europa league as he will want to guarantee top 4 and has already moaned about all the games that they have to play.

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:50 AM
no fun

Would be nice to win every cup, but let's not celebrate it as some sort of legendary treble, we laughed at the murderers for doing the very same thing

No doubt the marketing dept would bring out a video called "the treble" though

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think Jose will ditch the importance of the Europa league as he will want to guarantee top 4 and has already moaned about all the games that they have to play.
Dunno, Stoney. Think he'll just take it as it comes and go with the opportunities. I'd rather ditch the cup and then we'll only have the EL and PL. Will do me after beating soton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Would be nice to win every cup, but let's not celebrate it as some sort of legendary treble, we laughed at the murderers for doing the very same thing

No doubt the marketing dept would bring out a video called "the treble" though
Don't think anyone is celebrating a "legendary" treble, good as it would be. Perspective reqd.

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:59 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Don't think anyone is celebrating a "legendary" treble, good as it would be. Perspective reqd.
Don't kid yourself, our fan base have short memories

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:02 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Dunno, Stoney. Think he'll just take it as it comes and go with the opportunities. I'd rather ditch the cup and then we'll only have the EL and PL. Will do me after beating soton.

I hope so. The league cup will be finished next week and if we avoid replays in teh fa cup we will be alright.

Have they rescheduled the city game yet.

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I hope so. The league cup will be finished next week and if we avoid replays in teh fa cup we will be alright.

Probably keeping options open? A few replay possibilities yet, I suppose.

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Don't be so facetious, we are in the competitions now so they are really important. Weve never sang derogatory songs about the uefa cup on Thursday nights either. Honest

we've already bagged the charity shield 'trophy' so it could be a quadruple!!

True dat, iam hearing Real and Barca are going to throw the rest of their games in la liga so they can qualify for the uefa cup and have a chance to complete that prestige's collection of trophies.
Why are you being a #@&%!?

Would kill the scousers if we won the plastic treble while we're shit

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Child of Darkness

In 2001 we all had a laugh
They won 3 cups you can buy in a cafe
So since that day to celebrate
We'll sing em a song they £#%&!ing hate

28 years etc

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:23 AM
puressence

Quote:

Dm I'll tell u

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:39 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Dm I'll tell u
#@&%!

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Tumescent Throb

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Mr_Ed

If we did win it we'd have won all 3 European pots. CL, Cup Winners and UEFA.... who else has done it? Chelsea obviously

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If we did win it we'd have won all 3 European pots. CL, Cup Winners and UEFA.... who else has done it? Chelsea obviously
plus super cup, intercontinental cup and club world cup

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Would that not mean we had won every trophy we've been eligible for?

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:15 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nope.

We've never won the "Most league goals by a foreign player in their debut season" trophy. Until we crack that we will never be taken seriously

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:16 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
That would take Chelsea out of that list

Nice

Make it so Jose

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Would be nice to win every cup, but let's not celebrate it as some sort of legendary treble
This is the thing, nobody is saying that.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:51 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Par league
Closed Thread