United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
United should always be in The European Cup ffs, everyone should miss it and not be afraid of possible lows. Quilts.

"Well Mr. Chairman, football has now become a more expansive game, both in Europe and world wide. It no longer belongs exclusively to the British Isles"

Hope to £#%&! we're back in this thing next season. If we make a few good signings similar to last summer then we'll also have a good chance of winning the bastard.
100%

It's stale and we play the same teams

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:58 AM
S/Side.Red

It has definitely missed the Italian teams and it's a shame to see it swallowed up so much by the big leagues.

But yeah, would prefer it to playing Zoyra or whatever the £#%&! they were called on a Thursday night tbh.

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
United should always be in The European Cup ffs, everyone should miss it and not be afraid of possible lows. Quilts.

"Well Mr. Chairman, football has now become a more expansive game, both in Europe and world wide. It no longer belongs exclusively to the British Isles"

Hope to £#%&! we're back in this thing next season. If we make a few good signings similar to last summer then we'll also have a good chance of winning the bastard.
yep.
It's where United belong. nqat.

99 & 08 are the most thrilling, sentimental & stressful Football memories of my life. Nothing compares to winning that Trophy imo

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:29 PM
thatsfuctit

If I hadn't seen such riches ,I could live with being poor.

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:32 PM
wiganste

Immensely

Great to be going France next week to a new stadium etc, but it's the £#%&!ing Europa league ffs.

Get us back in with the big boys next season under Jose and see how we go. £#%&!ing sickening seeing those blue @#%&!s in it and not us

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Immensely

Great to be going France next week to a new stadium etc, but it's the £#%&!ing Europa league ffs.

Get us back in with the big boys next season under Jose and see how we go. £#%&!ing sickening seeing those blue @#%&!s in it and not us

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Baron

Classic Watcher bait.

The European Cup is the pinnacle, simple as that. Utd should be there, it's a reality check to see how far we've managed to £#%&! up in the last few seasons & where we should be heading for.

Nothing quite like the lights & playing a European giant mid-week

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:22 PM
tatty

First few seasons I loved every game.

Got a bit 'wake me up at the quarters'.

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Immensely

Going to France pal? Yshs

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Nothing beats whatching united away in Europe....
This. europa is alright, but there's just something about wandering around the likes of Munich, Madrid, Barca or wherever, sun out and beer in hand knowing they're worried about United

I think we'll get back to that swagger, maybe not immediately but within a couple of seasons.

To answer the OP: immensely

Nothing but good memories of the comp, even the 'lows'

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Pop

What I do miss is the latter, latter stages. Around April time, bright evenings with Utd near the summit and £#%&! all other teams about but the proper big boys of European football. Barcelona (@#%&!s), Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Manchester United. None of that PSG or Chelsea shite that slither their way to semi-finals or beyond. There's an almost surreal feeling to it

Wellin' up here la.

Unread 15-02-2017, 02:03 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I know exactly what you mean by that, the semi final home leg far brighter than the darkness of the previous two knock out rounds, the buzz is unreal for the semi final, unreal.

Unread 15-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Miss Big Ron on those ITV nights with the music and everything.

When it got to the business end that music would send shivers down my neck.

"The Chaaaaampiooonnnnnsss......!!"

Or what ever the words were - could never make them out.

Thursday nights against St Etienne doesn't make up for Wednesday nights against Real Madrid.

Unread 15-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Venceremos

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It has definitely missed the Italian teams and it's a shame to see it swallowed up so much by the big leagues.

But yeah, would prefer it to playing Zoyra or whatever the £#%&! they were called on a Thursday night tbh.
United aren't in the Champions League because of your avatar. Your avatar did manage us in last season's CL but bombed out of an easy group, after which your avatar then lost to Liverpool in our first European game with them.

Your avatar is now the only place I have to see, or be reminded of, your avatar. Do you not understand that after two years of the vilest, most putrid toilet hell that was your avatar's time here, many want to try and forget your avatar ever existed?

And if your excuse for having your avatar as your avatar is along the lines of "I'm a United Supporter and that was our most recent trophy" then I expect you will change it next Sunday evening. Or sooner if possible. Please.

Unread 15-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
United aren't in the Champions League because of your avatar. Your avatar did manage us in last season's CL but bombed out of an easy group, after which your avatar then lost to Liverpool in our first European game with them.

Your avatar is now the only place I have to see, or be reminded of, your avatar. Do you not understand that after two years of the vilest, most putrid toilet hell that was your avatar's time here, many want to try and forget your avatar ever existed?

And if your excuse for having your avatar as your avatar is along the lines of "I'm a United Supporter and that was our most recent trophy" then I expect you will change it next Sunday evening. Or sooner if possible. Please.

Unread 15-02-2017, 02:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
I expect you will change it next Sunday evening. Or sooner if possible. Please.

You know I can't do that.

Unread 15-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Tiberian

Miss it, not as much as I miss the 90's and early part of the 00's when the talent was spread more equally. Serie A falling away has hurt the competition, used to be a strong alternative to Spain for the best South American talent.

Very few domestic matches can match the buzz of the knock out rounds of the CL, that tension can be ridiculous at times. Barca in 2008, felt like the second half lasted about 3 hours.

Unread 15-02-2017, 03:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Miss it, not as much as I miss the 90's and early part of the 00's when the talent was spread more equally. Serie A falling away has hurt the competition, used to be a strong alternative to Spain for the best South American talent.

Very few domestic matches can match the buzz of the knock out rounds of the CL, that tension can be ridiculous at times. Barca in 2008, felt like the second half lasted about 3 hours.
As much as the Chinese involvement is lamented, it might help the game with the Inter situation. As it stands, they hope to have Simeone in charge with a huge budget this summer. Juventus are building well and could be a threat in the CL again this year.

Just need Milan to sort their shit out. It's never going to be like '90s Serie A but Inter and Juve could be threats next year.

Unread 15-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
As much as the Chinese involvement is lamented, it might help the game with the Inter situation. As it stands, they hope to have Simeone in charge with a huge budget this summer. Juventus are building well and could be a threat in the CL again this year.

Just need Milan to sort their shit out. It's never going to be like '90s Serie A but Inter and Juve could be threats next year.
Badly needed, Barca, Real, Bayern with Atletico over achieving was getting a little stale. Need one of the Milan clubs in that top echelon and for the PL teams to hold their own.

Doubt we will ever get the likes of Ajax back as a consistent competitive force with the current structure. Crying shame that for one of the historic clubs.
Closed Thread