andyroo

Worth the lows for Barcelona and Moscow imo

And the next one

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Immensely.....

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:27 AM
20 times

I'm sure I'll be like a dog with two dicks if/when we're next qualify for the knockout stages but so far I haven't missed it at all.

The group stages are utter £#%&!.

The same teams playing each other regularly has taken some of the shine of the knockout stages too

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:28 AM
TheFatGoth

The group stages have been a tedious bore for over a decade.

Knockout rounds are still mostly top class though.

Still find the FA Cup massively underrated tbh. Toss up over which one I prefer.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Nothing beats whatching united away in Europe....

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Vetch

The Champions League is shit. Can't remember the last time I watched a game. The group stages are a complete bore. Same match ups over and over. Quality piss poor as well.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
I'm sure I'll be like a dog with two dicks if/when we're next qualify for the knockout stages but so far I haven't missed it at all.

The same teams playing each other regularly has taken some of the shine of the knockout stages too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
The Champions League is shit. Can't remember the last time I watched a game. The group stages are a complete bore. Same match ups over and over. Quality piss poor as well.
This. Badly needs a revamp.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Chorlton74

the group stages of the CL are dull as. can't remember what year it was, but when they introduced 2 lots of group stages.

should just be names out of a hat, 2 games, if you lose, you're out. go home.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Jesus you spoilt bastards....just stay on FIFA and do some exhibition matches..

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:35 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
the group stages of the CL are dull as. can't remember what year it was, but when they introduced 2 lots of group stages.

should just be names out of a hat, 2 games, if you lose, you're out. go home.
The group stages used to be very exciting when there was a realistic chance of good teams getting knocked out rather than just the odd exceptional £#%&! up like us under Van Gaal and the season we £#%&!ed up in the last match in Basel.

I think the lack of "mystery" has also made things boring. Remember when playing teams like Gothenburg was tough, now it would be a piece of piss for even the shittest of shit @#%&!s.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:36 AM
elephantstone

I have enjoyed going to a few different grounds in the europa but you cant beat it rubbing shoulders with the other aristocrats of european football

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
It has it's highs... sure.

But those crushing lows... jeez.
That's the name of the game and most clubs can say the same thing. Juventus have been runners up six times. Including their last four.

Bayern lost five finals. Milan lost four. Even Real Madrid have lost three. Atletico have been to the final three times and lost all three.

The game is the game. But not even being involved is horrific for a club our size. Upton Park last year still haunts me

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:40 AM
Pop

It's a bloated pile of shite these days anyway. The decline of Italian football has really hurt it too imo. Remember the dread but excitement years ago when Utd would get drawn away to Inter or Juventus? Now its £#%&!ing Wolfsburg or PSG or Real Sociedad in their places.

£#%&! off.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:41 AM
believe

There's only so much disappointment I can handle, so not much. 2018-19 season though.....

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:44 AM
dragflick

United should always be in The European Cup ffs, everyone should miss it and not be afraid of possible lows. Quilts.

"Well Mr. Chairman, football has now become a more expansive game, both in Europe and world wide. It no longer belongs exclusively to the British Isles"

Hope to £#%&! we're back in this thing next season. If we make a few good signings similar to last summer then we'll also have a good chance of winning the bastard.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:48 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
United should always be in The European Cup ffs, everyone should miss it and not be afraid of possible lows. Quilts.

"Well Mr. Chairman, football has now become a more expansive game, both in Europe and world wide. It no longer belongs exclusively to the British Isles"

Hope to £#%&! we're back in this thing next season. If we make a few good signings similar to last summer then we'll also have a good chance of winning the bastard.
You don't have to act so stoic all the time pal.

google link for you pal dictionary.com/browse/stoic

Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times

That could have been written by me. It's is bad need of a revamp of sorts.

I've been pretty bored of it for 5 or 6 yesrs tbh save for when We drew Madrid again.

ZiggyStardust

We definitely need to be back in it but I'm not interested in us being in it unless we can be competitive again
Can't understand why the media and Wenger himself think Arsenal qualifying for the CL year on year is a big deal when they know they have no chance of actually winning the competition

Not really felt like we could compete with the big boys on a level footing since 2011
We have to re-establish ourselves as a major European force again

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:49 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
You don't have to act so stoic all the time pal.
Not all of us are massive quilts, pal...
Closed Thread