United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Tiberian

Best performance from PSG in their cash rich era, but also dire from Barca, the lack of work and desire from their front 6 was a joke. Andre Gomez was an odd signing, a talented footballer but very one paced, not really the type to take the pressure off an ageing midfield group.

Moving on from Zlat has been good for PSG, Cavani is a mediocre finisher but they are much more fluid and unpredictable with his high energy, if erratic style. Much healthier for any top team to not be so focused on one attacker. Something for Mou to be thinking about when planning for next season.

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Best performance from PSG in their cash rich era, but also dire from Barca, the lack of work and desire from their front 6 was a joke. Andre Gomez was an odd signing, a talented footballer but very one paced, not really the type to take the pressure off an ageing midfield group.

Moving on from Zlat has been good for PSG, Cavani is a mediocre finisher but they are much more fluid and unpredictable with his high energy, if erratic style. Much healthier for any top team to not be so focused on one attacker. Something for Mou to be thinking about when planning for next season.
Are you basing that just on one game?

They were superb tonight, but in the league they've struggled. They've only just climbed to 2nd in a league they won by 31 points last year, have scored far fewer goals, conceded far more, and have lost the same amount of games so far as in the last 2 seasons combined.

In their CL group they failed to beat £#%&!ing Arsenal, twice, and finished behind them

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

They were superb tonight, but in the league they've struggled. They've only just climbed to 2nd in a league they won by 31 points last year, have scored far fewer goals, conceded far more, and have lost the same amount of games so far as in the last 2 seasons combined.

In their CL group they failed to beat £#%&!ing Arsenal, twice, and finished behind them
This. They've had a 9/10 night.

I fancy Madrid would be a far tougher prospect.

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:15 AM
Tiberian

Quote:

Yeah, fair point, maybe overreacting, and also when it comes to the Zlat point indulging in a bit of confirmation bias. The story tonight might be the downfall of Barca rather than PSG.

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:16 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
good to see those Dortmund @#%&!s getting beat too
They should still go through, unlike Barca

Unread 15-02-2017, 12:29 AM
andyroo

Quote:

True enough. Though they did run rings around Arse but Cavani was in full Uruguayan Heskey mode. But performances like tonight's have hardly been the order of the day for them this season.

They were excellent though.

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Venceremos

Thumbs up

Great entertainment! Barca always get whooped by solid teams.

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

They're going through a process though without Zlatan. Not only the top goalscorer by the leader of the side. Monaco are giving them a big challenge in Ligue 1 but fact is if they win the French title by one point but actually make an impact in the CL it's big progress.

Emery's stock must have risen after that, too. Very tactically intelligent manager and they looked extremely well prepared for last night. Opposite for Barca. I know they just expect to turn up in any given game and play their way, but giving Verratti the freedom of the park for 90 minutes

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Zorg

Can't stand PSG, but anything that could make Suarez one millimetre closer to killing himself is alright by me.

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Can't stand PSG, but anything that could make Suarez one millimetre closer to killing himself is alright by me.
this.

can't stand the barca love-in at the best of times.

but somehow they managed to double their snide by signing suarez and still the fanboys drooled over them...

all that "best team ever" garbage was/is hilarious.

real outscored them in the league in 14/15 and have 1 less league goal in the near 3 years that suarez messi and neymar have been together - 282 to 283. real are also world champions, european champions and league leaders.

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Sizlack

Quote:

I really like him since he left that lot tbh. I think hes the best player in the world Love watching him play

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
I really like him since he left that lot tbh. I think hes the best player in the world Love watching him play
£#%&! off

Unread 15-02-2017, 11:54 AM
TheFatGoth

I loved him pre-Liverpool tbf. His handball and then the subsequent pen miss in the WC was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Great player but despise him now though, slightly less since he left them admittedly.

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Difficult to know how accountable he is for the signings, but I think as you say it's just the end of the cycle. They rebuilt very quickly and very well after Guardiola's cycle; the likes of Rakitic, Neymar and Suarez all great additions. The recent batch less convincing.

Can see Luis Enrique moving on at the end of the season. Can imagine De Boer has his eye on the gig.
I'm hearing that guy at Sunderland is being considered too.

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Defoe player-manager? Delighted for bunks.

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Makes sense tbf. He already has a head start on the language let's not forget

He managed Manchester United.

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He managed Manchester United.

Unread 15-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
£#%&! off

Pace/power/left or right foot/ great in the air/aggression/touch/skill

Hes the best player in the world imo, its hardly a controversial statement. We really enjoy watching him play his football tbh

Unread 15-02-2017, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
That.........is the sort of thing that Gothers would post
Closed Thread