United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
Oh funny funny. Mark my words, 6 months max.after he's gone, and it'll be ' you know what, we could do with...'
No Pace
No Power
No Strength
Limited Passing Ability (how he manages to pass the ball a foot behind where it should go 90/100 is beyond me)
Is Scottish
Gets in the way

I accept him as a decent squad player and cover but nothing more. He has given ample opportunity to shine at United but has only ever performed really well on 5/6 occasions at the most. People will take a mediocre game by another player's standards an use this as proof that he is worthy of a place at United.

Will find his level north of the border (Barry Fergusonesque) or in a mid to lower lever premiership team.

If Hargreaves or Carrick performed in a manner that Fletcher has consistantly has in his time at United they would be booed, villified and sacrificed in St Annes square.

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Because of course you're regularly selling out now . Oh yes. No question.
no - we're not, as you know. as has been pointed out - twice - and, as I said already, I go. That's all I can do about attendance.
We're not failing to sellout because ticket prices have increased though - we're failing to sell out because we were insufferably shit last year.

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
No Pace
No Power
No Strength
Limited Passing Ability (how he manages to pass the ball a foot behind where it should go 90/100 is beyond me)
Is Scottish
Gets in the way

I accept him as a decent squad player and cover but nothing more. He has given ample opportunity to shine at United but has only ever performed really well on 5/6 occasions at the most. People will take a mediocre game by another player's standards an use this as proof that he is worthy of a place at United.

Will find his level north of the border (Barry Fergusonesque) or in a mid to lower lever premiership team.

If Hargreaves or Carrick performed in a manner that Fletcher has consistantly has in his time at United they would be booed, villified and sacrificed in St Annes square.
Remember he's not getting regular games for us. This is particularly important for a midfielder--they are never 'last 10 mins impact players'. They need games. He plays well for the SFA because he's always in the team and knows the system---his ball in for the first goal on Saturday was absolute class.. I'll treat your slight towards the scottish nation in your posting with the contempt it deserves.

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
no - we're not, as you know. as has been pointed out - twice - and, as I said already, I go. That's all I can do about attendance.
But you're on a Utd forum by your own choice, so naturally we'll treat you as a type of spokesman for cITEH.

Quote:
We're not failing to sellout because ticket prices have increased though - we're failing to sell out because we were insufferably shit last year.
If your ticket prices had increased like ours your gates would be < 10,000. Sad, but true. And actually I don't take any pleasure in any of that--I like to see sell-outs across the board.
But I do urge you---be VERY SUSPICIOUS of the new owner. He does not come from Miles Platting.

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Remember he's not getting regular games for us. .
but he's playing every game for the you?

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Remember he's not getting regular games for us. This is particularly important for a midfielder--they are never 'last 10 mins impact players'. They need games. He plays well for the SFA because he's always in the team and knows the system---his ball in for the first goal on Saturday was absolute class.. I'll treat your slight towards the scottish nation in your posting with the contempt it deserves.
He's had enough games over the years to stake a claim for a first team place and has failed to do that. That's why Carrick and Hargreaves were bought. He is not good enough to be a first team player at Manchester United and be playing regulary in a team that's challenging for the Premier League or playing in the Champion's League. Back Up and cover at best.

Who did you play on Saturday? £#%&! me I thought the English were bad for rewarding mediocrity.

If he was from any other country apart from Scotland we would not even be having this conversation.

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
But you're on a Utd forum by your own choice, so naturally we'll treat you as a type of spokesman for cITEH.

If your ticket prices had increased like ours your gates would be < 10,000. Sad, but true. And actually I don't take any pleasure in any of that--I like to see sell-outs across the board.
But I do urge you---be VERY SUSPICIOUS of the new owner. He does not come from Miles Platting.

happy to act as one - just don't want to go over tired ground and stock insults when we could be talking football. I know every city rip in the big huge massive book of city rips - it's a waste of time.

I disagree with the <10000 statement - we averaged 29k (mr sat 34) in div. 2 - if you think about the drop in quality, that is the equivalent of a price hike. Other supposedly 'big' clubs' fans have let them down in lower divisions (Newcastle, Sunderland, Wednesday, Leeds) - we did not (i was there).

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:31 PM
penguin1

Quote:
happy to act as one - just don't want to go over tired ground and stock insults when we could be talking football. I know every city rip in the big huge massive book of city rips - it's a waste of time.
Fair enough.

Quote:
I disagree with the <10000 statement - we averaged 29k (mr sat 34) in div. 2 - if you think about the drop in quality, that is the equivalent of a price hike. Other supposedly 'big' clubs' fans have let them down in lower divisions (Newcastle, Sunderland, Wednesday, Leeds) - we did not (i was there).
No, it's not the same, or an equivalent.
And you say the gates are poor because of last season ? What ?!--after your good start an' all ? The word does not travel swiftly in the blue universe ?

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:35 PM
penguin1

Quote:
He's had enough games over the years to stake a claim for a first team place and has failed to do that. That's why Carrick and Hargreaves were bought, because he is not good enough to be a first team player at Manchester United and be playing regulary in a team that's challenging for the Premier League or playing in the Champion's League. Back Up and cover at best.

Who did you play on Saturday? £#%&! me I thought the English were bad for rewarding mediocrity.

If he was from any other country apart from Scotland we would not even be having this conversation.
And you lot played, errr, which former world champions exactly ?

Ahemmm , cough, Robinson, crap, cough, James, cough, equally crap, cough, crucial team position, cough ,cough

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:

No, it's not the same, or an equivalent.
And you say the gates are poor because of last season ? What ?!--after your good start an' all ? The word does not travel swiftly in the blue universe ?
Have to just disagree then - I think you'd see a huge drop in attendance at OT if you dropped two divisions. we'll never know. I also think we could absorb substantial increases in cost, akin to yours, and stay above 25k (our actual number of loyal, perpetually attending supporters imo.)

We've had 2 home games this season:
44,955 against you, on a sunday, some seats segregated - disappointing.
43,620 against Derby, on a wednesday evening - not bad at all.

Unread 10-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Crumps

Quote:
And you lot played, errr, which former world champions exactly ?

Ahemmm , cough, Robinson, crap, cough, James, cough, equally crap, cough, crucial team position, cough ,cough
I don't give a flying £#%&! about international football. Slag the England team off all you want, all it does is make you appear even more bitter.

Unread 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM
penguin1

Quote:
.................................................. ..................................................

Quote:
I don't give a flying £#%&! about international football. Slag the England team off all you want all it does is make you appear even more bitter.
...but it's alright for you to slag Scotland ? Pot, kettle, black......

Unread 10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Crumps

Quote:
...but it's alright for you to slag Scotland ? Pot, kettle, black......
Yeah. I have no interest in the footballing sides of either nations so I can make an unbiased criticism of both. Both seem to reward mediocrity. I'd even say the Scotts do more so than Ingurland.

Nice to see you aren't arguing with any of the points I made about 'scottish footballing hero' Darren Fletcher.

Unread 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
not quite - we just beat the champions. baby steps boys, baby steps.
You can hear the bubbles bursting in work all week just gone, the bitter masks are slipping into place again.

Unread 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Yeah. I have no interest in the footballing sides of either nations so I can make an unbiased criticism of both. Both seem to reward mediocrity. I'd even say the Scotts do more so than Ingurland.
Scotts----porridge oats, as far as I know....
Rewarding mediocrity more than the ingurrlish ? So WHO drives around in vans be-decked with 4 george crosses ?

Quote:
Nice to see you aren't arguing with any of the points I made about 'scottish footballing hero' Darren Fletcher.
I'll bet you've never watched Dazza play 90 mins live for Scotland like I have on many occasions. If you had done, you'd know the truth. He's a good player, and SAF knows that. No Ronadinho, but a v. good midfield player.

Unread 10-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I'll bet you've never watched Dazza play 90 mins live for Scotland like I have on many occasions. If you had done, you'd know the truth. He's a good player, and SAF knows that. No Ronadinho, but a v. good midfield player.
I support Manchester United and therefore I watch Dazza's performances for Manchester United and those performance on the large part have been disappointing and despite numerous opportunities he has failed to hold down a first team place. Squad player at best who's real level is north of the border or a team a bit further down the league. That may be good enough for Scotland but it isn't good enough for United.

Also see Barry Ferguson.

Unread 10-09-2007, 10:53 PM
penguin1

Quote:
I support Manchester United and therefore I watch Dazza's performances for Manchester United and those performance on the large part have been disappointing and despite numerous opportunities he has failed to hold down a first team place. Squad player at best who's real level is north of the border or a team a bit further down the league. That may be good enough for Scotland but it isn't good enough for United.

Also see Barry Ferguson.
We Utd fans---I confess I'm sometimes guilty of this---have to stop hoping that every midfielder is going to be either a Robbo or a Roy. Dazza is a good solid proposition if given regular starts. Remember--we paid ca. £27,000,000 for ............................................VERON.

Unread 10-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Crumps

Quote:
We Utd fans---I confess I'm sometimes guilty of this---have to stop hoping that every midfielder is going to be either a Robbo or a Roy. Dazza is a good solid proposition if given regular starts. Remember--we paid ca. £27,000,000 for ............................................VERON.
I don't expect him to be a Robbo or a Roy but he has yet to surpass a Nicky or a Phil imo. I just hope some of he other promising lads on our books are given similar chances to prove themselves.

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:00 PM
penguin1

Quote:
I don't expect him to be a Robbo or a Roy but he has yet to surpass a Nicky or a Phil imo. I just hope some of he other promising lads on our books are given similar chances to prove themselves.

I couldn't agree more. And also chances for these 'fringe' signings, like Rossi, who we never see again.

Unread 11-09-2007, 07:43 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Quote BRL.... ' Is Fletcher getting too big for his boots ?'

In what way ? Seriously? He's highly thought of up here---never played a bad game for the dark blues.
The person who first deep fryed a mars bar is highly thought of up there.
Closed Thread