United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yeahh, couldn't stop laughing at that..........
Well it's either laugh or get angry that he's such a slow, lightweight little £#%&!er.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:09 PM
eusker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That's one of the main reasons why I can never see Mata as a first choice player in a side looking to compete with the Bayern's and Real's of this world

He has too many limitations but probably his worst one is that he can't withstand any pressure what so ever

It's nothing to do with his size as David Silva in comparison is fantastic at shielding the ball so can hold onto it under a lot of pressure
He was a first choice player for Chelsea when they beat Bayern in the Champions League final.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
He was a first choice player for Chelsea when they beat Bayern in the Champions League final.
That Chelsea team fluked a CL win somehow
Not the standard I'm looking for us to get to

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:13 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That Chelsea team fluked a CL win somehow
Not the standard I'm looking for us to get to
ffs

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Tbf so were Bosingwa, Bertrand and Kalou.

Always seems harsh but the two years Mata starred for Chelsea they were quite poor in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Roma are an excellent side and would give us more problems than Spurs imo
Possibly, but I do tend to think of them as perennial bottle jobs.

And they are probably still terrified of us

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:25 PM
eusker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Always seems harsh but the two years Mata starred for Chelsea they were quite poor in the league.

Possibly, but I do tend to think of them as perennial bottle jobs.

And they are probably still terrified of us
Just the three trophies for Chelsea in those two seasons.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well it's either laugh or get angry that he's such a slow, lightweight little £#%&!er.
why would you get angry about a player's slight physique?

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Just the three trophies for Chelsea in those two seasons.
Well indeed. Di Matteo came in an bagged the FA Cup and the Chanpions League, while they finished 6th.

Was perhaps not the blueprint to emulate. Mata is a lovely footballer but you wonder if he's a week in, week out man. Love his attitude though as this season he's had to step out for spells and for several big games but his head never seems to go down.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

their star striker was fernando torres in both those seasons. he scored about 10 league goal total.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
their star striker was fernando torres in both those seasons. he scored about 10 league goal total.
Had Drogba too tbf. But yeah Torres did set them back no doubt. The Villas Boas thing was a disaster too. Was never going to work.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
why would you get angry about a player's slight physique?
Because he keeps losing the ball and ruining momentum.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:14 PM
sa7

Every time he starts I say it, and every time I believe it a little less, but that should be the last time £#%&!ing Fellaini ever plays for us.

He's the human equivalent of the pissy whiff in the stairwells of an NCP car park.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:26 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggystardust
that chelsea team fluked a cl win somehow
not the standard i'm looking for us to get to
like utds in 68 99 and 2008

Unread 17-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Because he keeps losing the ball and ruining momentum.
ok

Unread 17-02-2017, 07:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
like utds in 68 99 and 2008
Nobody is biting, pal
Closed Thread