United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Turin

Default Re: If Rooney is sold in the summer, will you protest and if so, how?

Rooney leaving Everton was like Pavarotti leaving his school choir.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Spiffy

I know what Grimson is talking about, it's no coincidence that Neville, Giggs and Scholes all stayed in Mcr and the cockney out of the youth team was the one who left us. I can see Rooney not wanting to go but United telling him he has no choice and he'll never play for the first team again. I don't recall Jaap Stam being too keen on a move but he went.

If we accept a bid for Rooney, I'd love him to turn it down but he's a footballer first and foremost, not a Manchester United fan.

Tatlock, I don't gamble with real money but if there was anyway of having a Vbet on it I'd gladly take the bet.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Turin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I can see Rooney not wanting to go but United telling him he has no choice and he'll never play for the first team again.
There'd be riots in the street if Rooney was forced out.

Ok, say Fergie needs to take in £50m+ and lose £200,000 a week off the wage bill...

Park - £7.5m (Fulham).....£50,000
Carrick - £15m (Newcastle)...£70,000
Vidic - £30m (Real Madrid)...£80,000

We'd survive without em. Flog a few reserves and that's another £10m.

Obviously this is a bleak scenaro, but unless he's £#%&!ing insane he'd keep Rooney and lose others.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin

Ok, say Fergie needs to take in £50m+ and lose £200,000 a week off the wage bill...

Park - £7.5m (Fulham).....£50,000
Carrick - £15m (Newcastle)...£70,000
Vidic - £30m (Real Madrid)...£80,000

We'd survive without em. Flog a few reserves and that's another £10m.

Obviously this is a bleak scenaro, but unless he's £#%&!ing insane he'd keep Rooney and lose others.
I'm not sure we'd get anything like those figures if we flogged them 3 but let's not argue. The fans turned against Heinze, Ruud and even Beckham. The club are very good at getting good PR when we sell a player. We sold Ronaldo for £80M and you wont find many people who think that we had a chance of him staying so no one blames United. We'll never know but they can spin a story or two when needed I'm sure.

If we start seeing stories about Rooney kicking off in training you know the sting is on. A couple of days ago SAF gave an interview where he said anyone who crossed him gets the boot. It'll be interesting to see if Vidic, Rooney or someone else 'crosses' him this season.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Turin

No point arguing over spurious figures but they're not earth-shattering amounts these days and I don't see why we wouldn't take that in...Frazier Campbell went for £7m, why not Park?

Just saying, it'd be absolute madness to sell your main man if he didn't want to go. It's all about budgets, ins and outs. It doesn't matter if Rooney is worth £70m, he's worth far more to the team and the club staying here. He said recently that he can't see himself leaving.

Ronaldo, in contrast, wriggled his way out of OT like a little bitch...drip, drip, drip until you can take it no more and want rid.

We look to have a decent crop of young lads coming up, Fergie would make good use of them in the event of selling a few late-20's underachievers.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:54 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: If Rooney is sold in the summer, will you protest and if so, how?

our favourite ever Scouser is just about to agree a new five year deal that will net him £12million a year which in these very troubled times is a bit of a result imo honest

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Alan

Quote:
There were protests 5 years ago when the glazers came in and £#%&!ed the club hard in the ass. What happened next? People carried on going to games in the main.

As TS says, they're very good at PR - just look at the Tevez thing - United couldn't afford him but twisted it to make out like Joorabchian was trying to shaft them, when in fact it was vice versa. Tevez was made to look a @#%&! when in fact he just wanted to play for United. I said about a year beforehand that he wouldn't stay and fergie was slowly easing him out, and was laughed at by people on here.

I don't expect rooney to go this summer but I do the following year. The bottom line is that United are dying of cancer. Things aren't going to get better financially, they're going to get worse and worse unless some silly @#%&! finds over £1 billion to buy out the gimps, which isn't exactly likely.

I wouldn't blame rooney if he got £#%&!ed off with playing with gradually worse players as the debt bites more and more, and/or when fergie goes.

It's not nice to consider it, but it's going to happen IMO.

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Turin

The whole Tevez thing was a high-stakes game of poker between Gill/Fergie and Joorabchian that Gill lost. I must say I thought it was odd when he was ostracised for the first ten/fifteen games of the season...obviously just part of the plan.

United thought their name would be enough to keep anyone from "stepping down" to Liverpool or City, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. These things happen. Kia saw an oppotunity to make a lorryload of cash, Carlos felt aggrieved because Berbatov took his place...it was pretty obvious what would happen in hindsight once the red googles are off.

United are a corporation whether we like it or not at this stage, of course there is going to be spin.

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Sandman

Quote:
The whole Tevez thing was a high-stakes game of poker between Gill and Joorabchian that Gill lost. United thought their name would be enough to keep anyone from "stepping down" to Liverpool or City, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. These things happen. Kia saw an oppotunity to make a lorryload of cash, Carlos felt aggrieved because Berbatov took his place...it was pretty obvious what would happen in hindsight once the red googles are off.

United are a corporation whether we like it or not at this stage, of course there is going to be spin.
No it wasn't, United didn't want to keep him and he had been talking to City since that December, everyone knew where he was going. The offer from United at the end was to appease the £#%&!wits that were singing sign him up, United knew he wasn't going to accept because he'd already agreed to join the berties.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that Fergie and many United supporters didn't rate @#%&!neck quite as much as his cult did.

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:37 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
The whole Tevez thing was a high-stakes game of poker between Gill/Fergie and Joorabchian that Gill lost. I must say I thought it was odd when he was ostracised for the first ten/fifteen games of the season...obviously just part of the plan.

United thought their name would be enough to keep anyone from "stepping down" to Liverpool or City, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. These things happen. Kia saw an oppotunity to make a lorryload of cash, Carlos felt aggrieved because Berbatov took his place...it was pretty obvious what would happen in hindsight once the red googles are off.

I will keep posting this until it finally sinks £#%&!ing in

Tevez £#%&!ed his whole career at United when he refused to play against Newcastle....a cousin died and he went to the funeral even though we had zero strikers apart from Rooney...United offered him a private jet AFTER the game he said no SAF said adios end of

I did post this right after the Newcastle game

hth

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:39 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
No it wasn't, United didn't want to keep him and he had been talking to City since that December, everyone knew where he was going. The offer from United at the end was to appease the £#%&!wits that were singing sign him up, United knew he wasn't going to accept because he'd already agreed to join the berties.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that Fergie and many United supporters didn't rate @#%&!neck quite as much as his cult did.
i knew in November tbf honest....I will get my mate to register and make it his first post

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Turin

United were only letting on they didn't want him to drive his value/wages down. That £#%&!ing shark Kia was looking for astromical sums. No-one could afford the @#%&!s price except city.

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin
[size="4"]united were only letting on they didn't want him to drive his value/wages down. That £#%&!ing shark kia was looking for astromical sums. No-one could afford the @#%&!s price except city.
[size="4"]No They Were Not.

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Turin

Put yourself in Kia's head.

£47m from city, £25m from United....hmmm

That @#%&! OWNS Tevez. Tevez is a dim @#%&!.

QED.

Unread 24-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
our favourite ever Scouser is just about to agree a new five year deal that will net him £12million a year which in these very troubled times is a bit of a result imo honest
If only that were a 10 year deal

Unread 24-01-2010, 10:16 AM
wee man

Thumbs up Re: If Rooney is sold in the summer, will you protest and if so, how?

Quote:
That is excellent news.

Unread 24-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Do you mind keeping that off here? This is a hypothetical doom thread. Cheers.

Unread 24-01-2010, 11:57 AM
wonky no

Quote:
i'd have taken turins bet before posting that

if we're giving rooney 12 mil a year that means we're buying no-one.
Closed Thread