United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Stickman

Default Wenger = balloon

Why the £#%&! is he so reluctant to try and win a trophy?

If I was an Arsenal fan id be fuming at his approach to the domestic cups given that its been so long.

A big ha ha at those @#%&!s today but now we really need Chelsea to stay in the comp for obvious reasons

Unread 24-01-2010, 04:17 PM
believe

Default Re: Wenger = balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Why the £#%&! is he so reluctant to try and win a trophy?

If I was an Arsenal fan id be fuming at his approach to the domestic cups given that its been so long.

A big ha ha at those @#%&!s today but now we really need Chelsea to stay in the comp for obvious reasons
he probably wants to concentrate on the league.

Unread 24-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
he probably wants to concentrate on the league.
Pipe dream imo. They'll finish 3rd.

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:27 AM
jem

he was clearly concentrating on how he is going to warn next w/e's ref about that nasty fletcher fellow instead of picking a proper team.

Unread 25-01-2010, 11:10 AM
carlosartorial

Think he realises that the only two trophies that mean anything are the league and the european cup.

Unread 25-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Think he realises that the only two trophies that mean anything are the league and the european cup.
You'd think you'd try for any pot if you'd gone as long as they have.

Unread 25-01-2010, 11:18 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You'd think you'd try for any pot if you'd gone as long as they have.
Yeah I suppose.

Arsenals situation is hardly a City or Newcastle 'drought' though, is it?

I'm not really arsed tbh, not sure why I'm posting on this thread.

Unread 25-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Mr_Ed

Chelsea's next 3 games are Birmingham, Hull and Burnley... before they play Arsenal at Stamford Bridge - he's not got a cat in hell's chance.

They will beat us on Sunday though

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:07 PM
dodger

Quote:
That would be a very arrogant attitude for somebody who's won nothing for five years and whose last trophy was the very competition he's just £#%&!ed off.

And it's one thing picking a shit team and not being that bothered if you get knocked out. It's very much another thing to say so to the media, players and fans. Big mistake IMO.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Yeah I suppose.

Arsenals situation is hardly a City or Newcastle 'drought' though, is it?

I'm not really arsed tbh, not sure why I'm posting on this thread.
His worst drought in charge there though.

alarming for them whatever way you look at it.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:15 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
That would be a very arrogant attitude for somebody who's won nothing for five years and whose last trophy was the very competition he's just £#%&!ed off.

And it's one thing picking a shit team and not being that bothered if you get knocked out. It's very much another thing to say so to the media, players and fans. Big mistake IMO.
It's only the same as what we do year on year.

Once upon a time the FA Cup meant everything, but for many, much discussed reasons that's no longer the case. If Wenger chooses to prioritise the competitions that actually hold some gravitas these days I can't blame him to be honest. Better that than happily finishing 4th and passing off a league cup 'triumph' as some sort of achievement.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Once upon a time the FA Cup meant everything, but for many, much discussed reasons that's no longer the case. If Wenger chooses to prioritise the competitions that actually hold some gravitas these days I can't blame him to be honest. Better that than happily finishing 4th and passing off a league cup 'triumph' as some sort of achievement.
The point wasn't about prioritising competitions, although why Arsenal would do that as they have won nothing for five years I've no idea.

The point was; You wouldn't find Ferguson effectively saying he doesn't give a £#%&! about the FA cup and he didn't mind going out. Neither would you find him laughing and joking after getting a hiding at Stoke, regardless of what he thought about how it may help us in the league. It's appalling management and it will bite them on the arse.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Did the same in 08 when we batterd them 4-0 at Old Trafford (we didn't have a full strength side out either I remember) ...they went on to win £#%&! all & we just about cleaned up.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:

At least we started with Rooney and Berbs up front and that was against a league 1 team aswell. I think Fergie took it a lot more seriously.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:55 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Did the same in 08 when we batterd them 4-0 at Old Trafford (we didn't have a full strength side out either I remember) ...they went on to win £#%&! all & we just about cleaned up.
Yes, that sprang to my mind too.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Zorg

I'm disgusted, shocked, saddened and upset at Arsenal devaluing the FA Cup.

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:29 PM
redmike

If utd went five games without winning there would be widespread press calls for SAF to retire, wenger goes 5 years without winning a trophy and he's a genius according to the same guys.

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Remember Arsenal fans singing "we'll be back to win the league" when they were 4-0 down that day

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Remember Arsenal fans singing "we'll be back to win the league" when they were 4-0 down that day
Didnt Wenger put a shit side out? Cup game and it gave us bags of confidence to go on a good run

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Didnt Wenger put a shit side out? Cup game and it gave us bags of confidence to go on a good run
Can't really remember their side tbh but i remember being not too thrilled with ours
Closed Thread