United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
surely they must have an iron in the fire for a midfielder. I think they will go for the cheaper and untried option of Longstaff

£50m

Unread 05-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£50m
we might get him for 25 if we throw in the likes of Jones. We will have players in our bulging squad that Bruce will think he can utilise and improve.

Unread 05-08-2019, 08:48 AM
windy waffles

A lad who has played eight games...

That'll bridge the gap.

Unread 05-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Seamus

who else are they going to get? Lets not forget Pogba could still realistically go.

Unread 05-08-2019, 09:06 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
who else are they going to get? Lets not forget Pogba could still realistically go.
£#%&! knows. They have left it too late and do not seem to have a clue. That is the problem.

As people have said, I don't think our defense was/is as bad (definitely isn't now with the signings made) as people have made out, it's the midfield in front of it and it hasn't been addresses one iota this window.

It's a shambles.

Unread 05-08-2019, 09:17 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£50m
Wouldn’t surprise me if we end up paying what they’ve been asking for all summer.

Other clubs must look at Woodward and co has easy money when ever we bid for players.

Unread 05-08-2019, 10:00 AM
jem

Quote:
we might get him for 25 if we throw in the likes of Jones. We will have players in our bulging squad that Bruce will think he can utilise and improve.
yup. bruce will know jones can play midfield.

Unread 05-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yup. bruce will know jones can play midfield.
he will play him in defence if he signs him ffs

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:14 PM
AK14

The Scottish Player, Pogba and Fred in a three?

I’d still like to see a holding midfielder in there though tbh and think Axel could do the job really well. Would allow the other two to get forward and support the front player as well.

Not sure the 4231 is working for us.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:18 PM
dunk

No Matic. Not now, not ever.

Stick Tuanzebe or Jones in there before Matic.

Mata only in extreme circumstances.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Buck

Tuanzebe is a very talented center back. But being good on the ball for a center back is totally different to the challenge of being in midfield. Ferdinand struggled when put in midfield. Tuanzebe will get his chance next to Maguire and I predict he'll have dislodged Lindelof by the end of the season. In midfield lets give a talented kid like Garner who is a natural that chance, or in home games against lower sides, Gomes. One of the problems we are having is keeping the ball. Gomes is technically top notch and his balance and nimble feet can help us. Who cares if he's a bit short?

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:26 PM
dunk

He’s played midfield a bit before tbf. Can definitely play there.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Sparky***

Midfield was wonderous today. A symphony of wonderful football played out on a lush green canvas.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Tuanzebe is a very talented center back. But being good on the ball for a center back is totally different to the challenge of being in midfield. Ferdinand struggled when put in midfield. Tuanzebe will get his chance next to Maguire and I predict he'll have dislodged Lindelof by the end of the season. In midfield lets give a talented kid like Garner who is a natural that chance, or in home games against lower sides, Gomes. One of the problems we are having is keeping the ball. Gomes is technically top notch and his balance and nimble feet can help us. Who cares if he's a bit short?
I guess we won’t know until he tried there but definitely understand the concerns with playing a cb there. My thinking is it would give us the much needed protection in front of the back four while also freeing up the likes of Pogba, Fred and The Scottish Player to get further forward. He’d be asked to keep it simple and not to overplay too much, but to break up play and recycle the ball.

Garner looks good, but isn’t ready yet from what I’ve seen of him. He looked a little out of his depth in terms of physicality against who ever we played in the LDV Vans trophy thing a few weeks back and in this league as we know it’s mainly about physicality and getting stuck in, the worry would be that even against the lower table sides it would be a big ask for him at the moment.

Gomes further forward will be top imo and I can’t wait until he’s given a few chances to see if he’s ready for the step up, but not as a holding midfielder.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Midfield was wonderous today. A symphony of wonderful football played out on a lush green canvas.
Such a spoilt child

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s played midfield a bit before tbf. Can definitely play there.
Did well against I think it was Spurs under Jose? Or was that at right back?

He did play there for Mourinho near the end of his first season and looked good tbf.

For me it’s about balance and we need to get the right kind of balance to get the best out of the midfielders we have, none of them are best suited playing deeper so having someone like Axel there could help.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Did well against I think it was Spurs under Jose? Or was that at right back?

He did play there for Mourinho near the end of his first season and looked good tbf.

For me it’s about balance and we need to get the right kind of balance to get the best out of the midfielders we have, none of them are best suited playing deeper so having someone like Axel there could help.
Arsenal away

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Arsenal away
That’s the one...

Actually didn’t we get pumped 3-0??

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Coracao

Tuanzebe is a centre back, wouldn't play him anywhere else.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Tuanzebe is a centre back, wouldn't play him anywhere else.
Needs must.

Matic was a CB, probably still should be.
Closed Thread