United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2012, 10:54 PM
armchair

Default the midfield

does anyone else think that maybe we're a tad light in midfield?

Unread 10-08-2012, 10:57 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

there's Ando to compensate for that

Unread 10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Troll.

We're fine.......

If anything were a bit top loaded....

Unread 10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
hopkins

plenty of options in scholes, carrick, cleverley, anderson, jones, giggs, powell, kagawa and whoever else gets shoehorned in there

until giggs and scholes retire, or anderson gets ejected from the last chance saloon, i can't see sir mother£#%&!er investing in that area

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Troll.
this.

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:06 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
plenty of options in scholes, carrick, cleverley, anderson, jones, giggs, powell, kagawa and whoever else gets shoehorned in there

until giggs and scholes retire, or anderson gets ejected from the last chance saloon, i can't see sir mother£#%&!er investing in that area
jones aside (and he'll never be a midfielder) who in your list will win the ball in midfield?

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
jones aside (and he'll never be a midfielder) who in your list will win the ball in midfield?
Kagawa.

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Quote:

We don't need players to win the ball. That is so working class pre Barcelona thinking dude.

I am still mocked for saying we should have bought Scott Parker when we could have done and I reckon if we had have done we'd have won the league last year.

Now - Tiote or that young Juve prospect, Pogba.

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

We don't need players to win the ball. That is so working class pre Barcelona thinking dude.

I am still mocked for saying we should have bought Scott Parker when we could have done and I reckon if we had have done we'd have won the league last year.

Now - Tiote or that young Juve prospect, Pogba.

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM
captain scarlet

As long as the opposition play fair and don't run too fast around Scholesy we are in good shape.

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM
elephantstone

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
J_RED

Premier League titles won : Sir Alex 12 - 0 Armchair ...............BOOM!

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

The funny thing is that despite all the moaning about our midfield I don't think its that bad.

Carrick, Scholes, Cleverley and Anderson with Kagawa to play just ahead of 2 of those in midfield has alot of technical quality.

However no combination of two of those in centre mid has the right balance to it.
We need to add in a more dynamic athletic midfielder who has the mobility to cover all the ground in the midfield.

If we added that type of midfield player I think we would have an excellent team despite doomlords on here thinking we have a shit team

Unread 11-08-2012, 12:00 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Ari Gold, £#%&!ing hero.

If ever a cool smilie was needed, it's now:

Unread 11-08-2012, 12:07 AM
jem

if hargo had stayed fit, we'd have won £#%&!ing everything.

can't believe no one has mentioned fletch. probably because he's useless.

Unread 11-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Cream

I think we all want a mythical Schweinsteiger type player to come in and add a bit of steel to proceedings.

Or just Schweinsteiger.

Freggie is happy with something a bit more Anderson shaped.

I'll be happy with Cleverly staying fit for most of the season, think we'll be ok with him and Kaggs tear-arsing around.

Unread 11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
bobbledinho

The real irritation for me is that if we did sign a defensive midfielder we'd have a £#%&!ing wonderful squad. As it is teams face little pressure from us until they're in around our box and until that's addressed we'll be frustrating to watch and it leads to the doom and overkill of criticism towards our players.

Unread 11-08-2012, 12:56 AM
jem

we've been a couple of players short of being the best in the world for a long time. big whoop.

Unread 11-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Unread 11-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we've been a couple of players short of being the best in the world for a long time. big whoop.
Closed Thread