United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-04-2024, 01:08 AM
Stickman

I can’t find stats to support this but surely heading of the ball has reduced drastically in todays game given the way it’s played. Far less long ball and route one, inverted wingers and the death of old fashioned 9s that want it hung up for heading etc

You’d expect that the threat of dementia which has surfaced with the 80s and 90s players will reduce hugely due to styles of play and weight of today’s ball.

I have no problem with Varane talking about that. Coming from an elite sportsman it holds weight.

Unread 03-04-2024, 01:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Oh right FIFA have heading guidelines for fun then

It even says in the article United limit it to 10 per training session. You really should read things before you comment, you might appear a bit less of a thick @#%&!
Whip telling me I’m wrong again by telling me I’m right you made the correlation of Varane’s situation with what has happened in the past despite saying that rules and regulations are in place now to prevent it, most notably the design of the actual ball they're heading. Classic Dr Whip

Unread 03-04-2024, 08:00 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Whip telling me I’m wrong again by telling me I’m right you made the correlation of Varane’s situation with what has happened in the past despite saying that rules and regulations are in place now to prevent it, most notably the design of the actual ball they're heading. Classic Dr Whip

Do you think those rules and regulations have been in place Varane's whole career? And to clarify, you think varane heading the ball hundreds (probably thousands) of time in his career has had zero affect on his neurological system?

Have a think about it and get back to me, if you can locate the 2 brain cells floating around in amongst all the bee pollen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

Q. What balls shouldn’t you try to head?

A. High everybody!

Unread 03-04-2024, 08:14 AM
NedKelly

Lots of frequent headers of the ball on here imo.

Unread 03-04-2024, 10:09 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Lots of frequent headers of the ball on here imo.
Scientific studies show that it also causes premature hair loss