United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2021, 09:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The brains trust on here have reliably informed us he’s shit mate.
no one has said he's shit, but we could buy two better players for the same price.

or fred and d.on, I guess.

Unread 31-10-2021, 11:13 PM
AK14

Meh.

Just seen his goal

Keeper was for it shit.

Unread 01-11-2021, 11:41 AM
Vedder

Was never a big fan of his but he is having a good season and looked quality yesterday. Maybe the Sancho money would have been better going to rice…

Unread 01-11-2021, 11:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Meh.

Just seen his goal

Keeper was for it shit.

Unread 01-11-2021, 11:53 AM
Denis Irwell

Like him. An 8.5/10 player, which is a sight better than what we have and would make a significant difference - unless he does a Pogba/Birtles…. But 100m? £#%&! off.

Unread 01-11-2021, 11:56 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Was never a big fan of his but he is having a good season and looked quality yesterday. Maybe the Sancho money would have been better going to rice…
Depends.

Sancho a great buy for a team that might actually know how to play him.

Us, not so much.

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:01 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Assuming Ole wanted Rice, he was up against the suits who wanted Sancho. Tbf, we were never paying WH asking price

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Depends.

Sancho a great buy for a team that might actually know how to play him.

Us, not so much.
..or even need him. By the time we got around to coughing up for him, Greenwood had filled the spot. Rice, or similar, is what we needed. Ole gets what he’s given

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Assuming Ole wanted Rice, he was up against the suits who wanted Sancho. Tbf, we were never paying WH asking price

Have you just made that up?

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:08 PM
shenwen

Quote:

..or even need him. By the time we got around to coughing up for him, Greenwood had filled the spot. Rice, or similar, is what we needed. Ole gets what he’s given
You think that's true? Ronaldo for sure, but the others?

If it is true, then it's just another reason he shouldn't be in the job.

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:09 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Have you just made that up?
I know you read the papers, pal but give it a wobble

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:10 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I know you read the papers, pal but give it a wobble
I don't read the papers if I can help it, but I'd love to know where you got this scoop from.

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:12 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You think that's true? Ronaldo for sure, but the others?

If it is true, then it's just another reason he shouldn't be in the job.
Yes…. And yes, it is another reason. He shouldn’t. But the next Poch/ BR …? Etc will get the same treatment. Marketability is all.

Quote:
I don't read the papers if I can help it, but I'd love to know where you got this scoop from.

Here’s a clue: Ole didn’t want Donny either… give it time mate, the Penny will drop.

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:19 PM
NedKelly

I thought we were all wumming when we were writing Sancho off after a few games... genuinely thought we were all in on the joke. Bloody hell.

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:29 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I thought we were all wumming when we were writing Sancho off after a few games... genuinely thought we were all in on the joke. Bloody hell.
Looks a player.

Where do we play him? In Rashfords place? Greenwood’s? Did we need him more than a dm? No way It would’ve occurred to the manager that we need a dm.

Just to clarify for the binary crew: Ole is out of his depth. This is not a defence of the manager. Just an observation of the way the £#%&!ing club is run.

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Yes…. And yes, it is another reason. He shouldn’t. But the next Poch/ BR …? Etc will get the same treatment. Marketability is all.

Here’s a clue: Ole didn’t want Donny either… give it time mate, the Penny will drop.
He's started 7 games though. And been subbed on in another 5. Beeky has started 1 and been subbed in 1.

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:48 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I know we didn't need him.

My issue is the premise that it was forced on Ole, when it's far more likely that Ole just doesn't know what he's doing.

Us playing without wingers wasn't part of Ole's master plan until last Tuesday.
Jesus.

Is this where I put the loco smiley up?

Unread 01-11-2021, 12:50 PM
shenwen

Quote:
I know we didn't need him.

My issue is the premise that it was forced on Ole, when it's far more likely that Ole just doesn't know what he's doing.

Us playing without wingers wasn't part of Ole's master plan until last Tuesday.
Exactly. Was forced into five at the back and people actually tasing his tactical nouse?

If he genuinely feels that's how we should play, why was he persisting with that 4-2-3-1 he's been playing for three seasons? If we come out with a back five (and two defensive midfielders - the United DNA ) from here on it just goes to show what a joke our coaching is.

Unread 01-11-2021, 01:01 PM
AK14

100% do not want…

Unread 01-11-2021, 01:09 PM
NedKelly

I just see a young, hardworking man having fun with his friends.

Unread 01-11-2021, 01:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I just see a young, hardworking man having fun with his friends.
Most people on here absolutely HATE any signs of footballers having fun or some kind of laugh off the pitch.

They want a team of Gary Neville’s doing shuttle runs up and down the plane aisles.
Closed Thread