United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:26 AM
dunk

Football Raphael Varane

The French Chris Smalling or the CB partner for the slab we’re crying out for..?

Shaping up to be one of the summer transfer ‘sagas’ as Madrid appear convinced he won’t sign a new deal and we want him..

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:32 AM
Mr_Ed

If he’s a free transfer then it could be on. See that Bailly could be leaving in a free too so need to strengthen.

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:32 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If he’s a free transfer then it could be on. See that Bailly could be leaving in a free too so need to strengthen.
even if that #@&%! stays i'd still take Varane.

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:35 AM
Patty_b

Would take him in a heart beat.

Going to be honest I've not really seen loads of him outside the odd Champions League game, but he's only 27 still and remember seeing some Spanish Footy journalist on TV saying that he's £#%&!ing rapid. Sounds like the perfect person for big Slabs.

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
£60m

Bailly should be off imo. Can’t be relied on, wants stupid wages. £#%&! him off.

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:46 AM
Mr_Ed

So you’re ignoring the talk about one key signing and the rest could be free transfers then?

Unless you’d make him the marquee signing?

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Parlabane

If he's going for £60m I think we swerve it unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong the defence is far from perfect and definately needs improving but I think with Cavani potentially leaving and Martial needs shooting out of a cannon the focus needs to be on getting players who can score the goals we need.

The transfer budget this year like it or not is going to be minuscule so we need to get maximum bang for our buck and splashing £60m on a centre back I don't think is the best use of the cash -

would love him here though and the fact we know there is no cash to spend on PLAYERS to improve us is lamentable

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
So you’re ignoring the talk about one key signing and the rest could be free transfers then?

Unless you’d make him the marquee signing?
It’s just going to be one of the stories, doesn’t mean it’s happening

It’s about availability too, if Varane is the one available for whatever reason, then he may be the ‘big signing’.

It’s not going to be Haaland (I reckon he’ll get a pay rise and stay at Dortmund) and it’s not going to be Kane (City or bust @ £125m).. so it’s Sancho, Rice or a CB imo, and then whatever scraps can be picked up.

Personally think the forwards and midfield need sorting first and foremost. We need 2 proper forwards, 2 proper midfielders, a RB and a CB to properly challenge, really.

Unread 15-04-2021, 09:57 AM
Parlabane

Agree about midfield and forwards - I think the defence is largely serviceable in the short term

Unread 15-04-2021, 10:00 AM
Baron

Swap for Dave. Sorted.

Unread 15-04-2021, 10:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Swap for Dave. Sorted.
They don’t need or want Dave though...

Outgoings are going to be key for us.. Dave, Dalot, Bailly, Jones, Romero, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Cavani, Jesse, Pereira, could all go, should generate a few quid, but we’ll probably keep them all to the last minutes of the window in an attempt to squeeze another £5 out of buying clubs, leaving us short

Unread 15-04-2021, 10:05 AM
puressence

Last year of deal offer 30 £#%&! em

Unread 15-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They don’t need or want Dave though...

Outgoings are going to be key for us.. Dave, Dalot, Bailly, Jones, Romero, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Cavani, Jesse, Pereira, could all go, should generate a few quid, but we’ll probably keep them all to the last minutes of the window in an attempt to squeeze another £5 out of buying clubs, leaving us short
Shame, timing is everything in the game. I didn't realise Courtois had become such a rock for them after his first season either, half expected him to be the OK at best performer.

Oh well, Dave & Hendo works unless he wants to find a new club

Unread 15-04-2021, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Shame, timing is everything in the game. I didn't realise Courtois had become such a rock for them after his first season either, half expected him to be the OK at best performer.

Oh well, Dave & Hendo works unless he wants to find a new club
PSG, hopefully

Unread 15-04-2021, 11:48 AM
AK14

Is he actually that good these days?

Dave will be off to Juve as part of the Ronnie swap btw

Unread 15-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Vida_15

Varane is a fantastic talent and would be a great partner for Maguire....Similar to Rio and Vidic as Varane plays a lot like Rio

his contract expires in 2022 so 60m seems like a lot but you'd have him for 4-5 years so it would be a good investment.

either that or it'll be Bailly maybe back to Villareal in a deal for Torres

Unread 15-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Danoli

Isn’t Varane just using us to get a better deal at RM, just like his pal Ramos has done on more than one occasion?

Unread 15-04-2021, 05:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Isn’t Varane just using us to get a better deal at RM, just like his pal Ramos has done on more than one occasion?
More than likely.

Unread 15-04-2021, 06:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
How cynical - and almost certainly correct - of you.

Unread 03-06-2021, 04:33 PM
Sparky***

Closed Thread