United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should Sparky Continue doing the match threads?
Yes He's been doing them ages and it's only right he carries on 54 80.60%
No. Leave them open and let a random forumista start one on matchdays 13 19.40%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Sparky***

Default Should I continue doing the match threads?

Simple question. Simple answer.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:15 PM
silv

I think it should be like LVG and his penalty rota. Miss one and you're bottom of the list, start one and we lose and you go bottom. Switchers has a win to his name

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I think it should be like LVG and his penalty rota. Miss one and you're bottom of the list, start one and we lose and you go bottom. Switchers has a win to his name
I believe I was responsible for the Wolfsburg win

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
good idea.

sparky should carry on till he/we lose.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
good idea.

sparky should carry on till he/we lose.
tbh i didn't do the one on saturday - switchers did.....

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
tbh i didn't do the one on saturday - switchers did.....
tbh i havent even opened that thread yet

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Child of Darkness

winner stays on

switchers

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Switching Off

Seems like the forum has spoken. See you all on Wednesday

For clarity, draw and you're hooked?

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:26 PM
armchair

I don't care as long as someone starts them. Sparky at least showed the balls to start threads whether match threads or not.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Seems like the forum has spoken. See you all on Wednesday

For clarity, draw and you're hooked?
no only if you lose

remember to put official in the title and a football icon

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Red Al

One does it until we lose then have a change for luck untill we lose again (if superstitious)

Either way for me

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:34 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I don't care as long as someone starts them. Sparky at least showed the balls to start threads whether match threads or not.
was it RI days that drummed it into us not to make new threads or the early days on here?

Definitely remember being chastised for making anything new if there was an even remotely similar thread up. That seems to of stuck around,

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:37 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
was it RI days that drummed it into us not to make new threads or the early days on here?

Definitely remember being chastised for making anything new if there was an even remotely similar thread up. That seems to of stuck around,

think it was here when I gave mods the power to merge threads...never really recovered. Also a certain rawkish put all your transfer stuff in my thread didn't help. Back at ri you posted a thread and it lived or died. That's what I loved about the place.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
think it was here when I gave mods the power to merge threads...never really recovered. Also a certain rawkish put all your transfer stuff in my thread didn't help. Back at ri you posted a thread and it lived or died. That's what I loved about the place.
think some stuff being on one thread is good , although I take your point.

eg movies books tv recomms

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Ginners

Quote:
borsuk was a big fan of a merge iirc

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:43 PM
andyroo

Long as Large Michael doesn't it's all good

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:43 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

Yep.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

we have an entire forum dedicated to film, we can survive with more than one thread on every film made in the history of the world. What's your idea? We have a forum called TV / Film / Books / Arts and just have four threads one for films, one for tv, one for books and one for art? Honestly, £#%&! off. That's a demented idea. The big threads are what is ruining the forum and making people scared to post threads because the same 3 or 4 people will hop on any new thread and spam about the titanic.

If you have no interest in a thread then just don't reply. Let the thread live or die naturally.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

This. People used to get absolutely ridiculed for creating new threads, £#%&! knows why.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yep.
you hate clutter except when it's threads about liverpool You never complain about liverpool threads.
Closed Thread