United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:34 PM
plopborsky

miracles is strong, I think he has done well.

HAS to £#%&!ing win something ASAP

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It really isnt a stressful thing. It was stressful when we used to be good.

Don't need to step away from the forum no matter how many times bullies like you tell me to. I don't even post that much. You could use the ignore list if it bothers you so much.

I feel pretty good by the way. I don't see my posts as negative. It's just realistic. Tells you a lot about yourself and your agenda if you think saying United should win the league is a negative expression. Seems you have no faith in your manager.
You’ve reacted with such hostility to me, and really I was just trying to have your back. Multiple times lately I’ve defended you. I haven’t taken it personally at all as I understand it comes from a place of hurt.

I think we as a forum should rally around saffers, offer him support and try not to feed into his negativity too much, as I think it perpetuates the issues he’s facing. He says he’s a fellow red, we need to help our own.

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The man is working miracles.
I think that's being very generous.

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:49 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Exactly. He may have spent a few quid, reality is he's probably spent half of what is/was required when he took over thanks to the shit show the last man left.

https://twitter.com/Muppetiers/statu...112725510?s=20

Too many tiny minds with no concept of what it takes to turn around a club in the shape we were under Mourinho. The man is working miracles.
I said this a while back, we may not win anything big under Ole but we’ll look back and recognise how crucial he was to putting us back on the right track. He’s done a fantastic job. Ole loves the club, I trust him

Unread 23-07-2021, 05:52 PM
puressence

Quote:
Already addressed City above. As for Chelsea, according to the latest figures we have a bigger wagebill than them. And after the arrivals this summer that figure will increase further.

It is not having an agenda to set expectations at a high level for your club. Especially if you are bringing in quality players. Fair play to the club if they pull it off. How many would have thought a month ago that we can sign an elite centreback like Varane? Sancho was kinda on the cards but is still a massive coup. He is a big talent. Trippier is a solid player and will probably replace AWB pretty sharpish. Add a midfielder and we look in great shape.

It really isnt a stressful thing. It was stressful when we used to be good.

Don't need to step away from the forum no matter how many times bullies like you tell me to. I don't even post that much. You could use the ignore list if it bothers you so much.

I feel pretty good by the way. I don't see my posts as negative. It's just realistic. Tells you a lot about yourself and your agenda if you think saying United should win the league is a negative expression. Seems you have no faith in your manager.

Working miracles. Come on man. 3 years no trophies despite unprecedented backing.

Guess I have a tiny mind mate.

Notice how it always descends into an insult fest and personal attacks whenever mother theresa is questioned.

Imagine being a lurker reading this or other members of the forum who dont really talk much football on here. It will probably make people more reticent to share their opinions. There is a serious free speech issue on this forum. I will keep speaking my tiny mind though.
Not ready a word but it’ll be boring as £#%&!. You @#%&!

Unread 23-07-2021, 07:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
A bloke who couldnt get in the England team a marquee signing?

Varane will be a marquee signing....
People who say this are also the likeliest to think Southgate is a crap manager

Unread 23-07-2021, 10:34 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Exactly. He may have spent a few quid, reality is he's probably spent half of what is/was required when he took over thanks to the shit show the last man left.

https://twitter.com/Muppetiers/statu...112725510?s=20

Too many tiny minds with no concept of what it takes to turn around a club in the shape we were under Mourinho. The man is working miracles.
Are you behind the United Muppetiers account? It's all you link ffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People who say this are also the likeliest to think Southgate is a crap manager
He's not a crap manager?

Unread 23-07-2021, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He's not a crap manager?
Well you aren't wrong there at least.

Unread 23-07-2021, 11:14 PM
MagnificentSeven

if we win 21 under him, i want it to boil the piss of the element of our fanbase who put so much emotional investment into wanting ole sacked, spending all day on social media spewing vitriol about him, and going to extreme lengths to discredit him for anything and anything.

i want them to seethe just as much as rival fans, or the abu brigade, will be seething.

Unread 23-07-2021, 11:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
if we win 21 under him, i want it to boil the piss of the element of our fanbase who put so much emotional investment into wanting ole sacked, spending all day on social media spewing vitriol about him, and going to extreme lengths to discredit him for anything and anything.

i want them to seethe just as much as rival fans, or the abu brigade, will be seething.
We haven't won anything in 4 £#%&!ing years. I just want us to win something. Anything. That would be nice for a start. The manager needs it as well because there's only so long you can string out the we're in the middle of a rebuild line.

Forget about winning the league for a moment. The premier league is the most competitive i can ever remember it right now. I honestly don't think we'll get a look in until Guardiola £#%&!s off. They've got winning it down to a method now the way we did in the 90s. Every year 1st or 2nd.

I'd take an FA Cup. Or a League Cup. I'd love not to end up in the arse end of the £#%&!ing Europa league again for the umpteenth time in the last 7 years.

Unread 23-07-2021, 11:34 PM
armchair

If we end up in the europa this season I'll be in the ole out camp. I'd like a cup but apart from the league and champions league I don't give a £#%&!. The fa cup and league cup mean nothing. Leave them to arsenal.

Unread 23-07-2021, 11:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
If we end up in the europa this season I'll be in the ole out camp. I'd like a cup but apart from the league and champions league I don't give a £#%&!. The fa cup and league cup mean nothing. Leave them to arsenal.
Manchester United have to re-establish themselves as a proper champions league team. Bombing out in the group stages again simply isn't acceptable.

Well we'll agree to disagree on the latter.

Unread 24-07-2021, 12:04 AM
armchair

What I'm saying is I'm only interested in the league and champions league. I couldn't give a £#%&! about the europa, fa cup or league cup.

europa, fa cup and league cup are arsenal level. I felt embarrassed when we won the europa. The fa and league cup are things a team should be winning as well as the league to show dominance. By themselves they are pathetic.

Unread 24-07-2021, 01:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Ole was left with an absolute mess by the 'legends' before him. He's got rid of the shit and bad attitudes, Pogba being the next gone.

You have to remember Saffers and people like him only support United for success so they can't cope. Thank god they don't attend football matches.

Quote:
Mourinho had 2 full seasons by the way and whatever people say the history books shows he brought us 3 trophies
Mourinho won a league cup and europa league. (Finishing 6th).

Hardly won us the £#%&!ing double pal.

Unread 24-07-2021, 08:47 AM
puressence

Winning trophies means £#%&! all to me just love ole the improvement and the face the @#%&!s who claim to follow utd hate him. The clueless utter @#%&!s. Praying when that @#%&! pogba leaves he takes most with him

Unread 24-07-2021, 10:03 AM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Winning trophies means f*** all to me just love ole the improvement and the face the c***s who claim to follow utd hate him. The clueless utter c***s. Praying when that c*** pogba leaves he takes most with him
I agree with the sentiment here, but we do need to get back to winning trophies. I am old enough to remember the barren years, and then came the two decades of trophy after trophy after trophy. I think Ole is building something here, and I like it. The Pogba thing is another issue entirely

Unread 24-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Jethro

New contract

Unread 24-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Pop

Really really want to win the PL convincingly under him. It shouldn't but £#%&!ing City, Liverpool, etc sniggering about him (pe teacher, ole at the wheel, give him a ten year contract, etc) makes my blood boil.

£#%&!ing @#%&!s

Unread 24-07-2021, 11:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We haven't won anything in 4 £#%&!ing years. I just want us to win something. Anything. That would be nice for a start. The manager needs it as well because there's only so long you can string out the we're in the middle of a rebuild line.

Forget about winning the league for a moment. The premier league is the most competitive i can ever remember it right now. I honestly don't think we'll get a look in until Guardiola £#%&!s off. They've got winning it down to a method now the way we did in the 90s. Every year 1st or 2nd.

I'd take an FA Cup. Or a League Cup. I'd love not to end up in the arse end of the £#%&!ing Europa league again for the umpteenth time in the last 7 years.
Disagree about the PL being the most competitive. Some of the points totals have been ridiculous, but most the titles since Leicester won it have been won comfortably by one team who gets up ahead of steam (apart from when Liverpool and city went neck and neck).

City were second the season before last, but what, 20 points behind Liverpool? That’s not competitive. That’s limp. Same with Liverpool’s pathetic title defence last season. Chelsea won 30 of their 38 games in 2015 (?) then finished 6th the following year.

I’m not saying we’re ready to win it and I expect those two to be right up there, but I’m not convinced the modern day teams are a strong or resilient unless they’re front runners. If ….. IF we can make a good start, we can be the front runners.

Agree re the trophy. We had to win that Europa last season. That was an absolute disaster. Really bad. This club needs to win trophies and this manager needs one under his belt ASAP. There’s only so much you can plan for the future before the present looms too much.

The next big step for this team and this manager is to win something. As you say, anything!

Unread 24-07-2021, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
New contract
Thoughts with Scar and saffers at this traumatic time.
Closed Thread