United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 21-07-2021, 02:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Default Hiking Boots

Looking for a decent pair, won't be hiking Everest but will be going to Rock Creek Park/Great Falls probably once a month. I'm not expecting sartorial elegance but if any pair come pre-registered onto local sex offender registers then good rep available.

Unread 21-07-2021, 02:31 PM
Poop

Unread 21-07-2021, 02:43 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Looking for a decent pair, won't be hiking Everest but will be going to Rock Creek Park/Great Falls probably once a month. I'm not expecting sartorial elegance but if any pair come pre-registered onto local sex offender registers then good rep available.
Got a pair of Addidas Terrex goretex myself and quite like them, don't look absolutely nonce material and not outrageously expensive.

https://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex?af_c...leadwords_temp

Unread 21-07-2021, 02:59 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew View Post
Got a pair of Addidas Terrex goretex myself and quite like them, don't look absolutely nonce material and not outrageously expensive.

https://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex?af_c...leadwords_temp
Was in the Lakes a couple of weeks ago, a couple of lads had these brand new & were completely blown away with how good they were. Basically Adidas Boost with a proper sole & gore-tex to stay dry.

Two others had these Salomon lesbian shoes that also coped really well with all conditions.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:02 PM
suedeshoes

They're not 'boots' but I'm wearing these. Walked 488 miles in them so far this year and they're spot on. Comfortable, hard-wearing and cool as f*** to look at obv. Seen me up fells, down roads and across canals so far.

https://www.reebok.co.uk/ridgerider-...es/GY0207.html

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:15 PM
MUFC One Love

I bought a pair of Meindl towards the end of last year. The stitching has gone on in one place on both shoes. Got to take them back in to Blacks to be assessed.

Got a pair of Sprayway walking shoes cheap for summer, only wore them walking the dog so far but I reckon they will be a bit crap on a proper hike.

Would prefer something like Sueders has posted and maybe the Terrex for boots.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:18 PM
shenwen

Boots or shoes?

I've struggled with something that does the job while retaining some integrity . Recently bought these and they've been good - more for trail running and light hikes and low on the nonce rating.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:24 PM
Coracao

Salomon Quest range.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Boots or shoes?
Assumed boots were the safer option for the steeper climbs

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Baron

I've had these for about 2 years now, they're ugly as sin but the React sole is ludicrously comfy & they're gore-tex so stay dry. Not sure they're available anywhere any longer - Nike React N1 Gore-tex - maybe eBay if you wanted something else to consider. Haven't let me down in the Alps, Lakes or walking to the pub in the pissing rain.