Shit anyway.

Unread 21-07-2021, 10:53 AM
ZiggyStardust

Football games have been shite for years

Haven't played one in about 12 years

I think the last one I really liked was ISS 64

Unread 21-07-2021, 10:56 AM
NedKelly

Hasnít it basically been f2p for a couple of years now? Iím sure I was playing Ď19 for free when it had only been out for a month or two.

Itís just them and FIFA who make football games now right? Need a new name to come in and make something fun to play. I miss the more arcade-y and fast paced style from 10 years ago or so. So boring to play now.

Unread 21-07-2021, 10:57 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Hasnít it basically been f2p for a couple of years now? Iím sure I was playing Ď19 for free when it had only been out for a month or two.

Itís just them and FIFA who make football games now right? Need a new name to come in and make something fun to play. I miss the more arcade-y and fast paced style from 10 years ago or so. So boring to play now.
Some would call it realistic.

Unread 21-07-2021, 10:58 AM
dunk

Quote:

EA have ring fenced it as a genre by getting 95% of the licenses, unfortunately. No new comer could possibly afford to get involved. Shite.

Unread 21-07-2021, 11:09 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

They put the myclub (their version of UT) free to play a few months after release. Both myclub and UT are shite though.

Gutted they've gone down that route, Master League was one of the few things I could play through without getting bored. And the editing options on console, and modding options on PC were f***ing great.

New iterations are dead now, but thankfully the community will keep PES 21 alive for a few more years yet with option file updates and full PC mods.

Unread 21-07-2021, 12:17 PM
Poop

f***ing Konami

Tbh I'm surprised they are even bothering, their emphasis is on Pachinko machines these days.

They should have sold off their main IP's seeing as they are content to allow them to rot. Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania and Silent Hill being just three of them

Unread 21-07-2021, 12:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
Some would call it realistic.
I disagree! I always hear people say itís more realistic now but to me theyíve half-flirted with realism while keeping stupid things in that literally never happen in real life. So youíre left with this boring, floaty mess of a game that offers no real challenge once you suss the AI for that iteration of the game. There are also gameplay bugs that have been in the game for multiple years now.

Bring back the fast paced games! I donít want realism, I want fun!

EA are an absolute joke of a company - look at Star Wars. All those years they held the license and they couldnít come up with anything other than a couple of Battlefronts and a Metroidvania-lite game that was blatantly unfinished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
EA have ring fenced it as a genre by getting 95% of the licenses, unfortunately. No new comer could possibly afford to get involved. Shite.
Itís a real shame as I thought PES were making moves with them getting Barca and Juve etc. Was hoping it might open the market up a bit.