United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
Italy 33 38.37%
England 53 61.63%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There wasn’t a single worthy penalty incident in the entire 120 minutes.
'74 on Kane: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...land-v-denmark (12 minutes in).

There was another in extra time as well.

England were the better team. England have been the better team against everyone they have played this tournament.

Italy will probably be different but people suggesting they're lucky is ridiculous. I'd imagine most are Scottish/Welsh/Irish.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
England were the better team. England have been the better team against everyone they have played this tournament.
true. if only southgate believed it.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Really unfair on Scotland that. They took that game by the scruff of the neck and absolutely ruined England in a thrilling 0-0 victory.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
'74 on Kane: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...land-v-denmark (12 minutes in).

There was another in extra time as well.

Italy will probably be different but people suggesting they're lucky is ridiculous. I'd imagine most are Scottish/Welsh/Irish.
Kane fouled the defender. He overran the ball, the defender got between him and the ball and Kane fouled him. Never a penalty. I can’t recall anything in extra time other than Sterling running into a cul de sac and flopping over.

England were the better team and deserved to go through, but couldn’t score the important goal without a phantom penalty against a side that were out on their feet and took their best 2 players off after 65 minutes and finished the game with 10 men.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
true. if only southgate believed it.
It's dull as £#%&! to watch. Especially with players like Grealish and Sanchez sat on the bench.

I guess they've tried the more exciting approach and consistently failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Really unfair on Scotland that. They took that game by the scruff of the neck and absolutely ruined England in a thrilling 0-0 victory.

Quote:
Kane fouled the defender. He overran the ball, the defender got between him and the ball and Kane fouled him. Never a penalty. I can’t recall anything in extra time other than Sterling running into a cul de sac and flopping over.
Ok pal.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:48 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Vedders still to decide. I think if we get him the anti-england vote crumbles like a Garibaldi...
Vedder’s Welsh isn’t he? Huge welsh and Irish contingent on here obvs so it’s always going to be tough crowd re England.

Be interested to see Armer’s vote.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's dull as £#%&! to watch. Especially with players like Grealish and Sanchez sat on the bench.

I guess they've tried the more exciting approach and consistently failed.
gareth is a cautious man.

however, he could still be conservative and defensive, whilst playing grealish and sancho. the problem isn't so much that we haven't threatened, but rather that, every time we threaten, sterling finds a way to box himself in.

I would rather he told shaw to penetrate and not just pass back inside for 60 minutes, but still...

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:51 PM
Sapien

A lot of top top reds on here

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
gareth is a cautious man.

however, he could still be conservative and defensive, whilst playing grealish and sancho. the problem isn't so much that we haven't threatened, but rather that, every time we threaten, sterling finds a way to box himself in.

I would rather he told shaw to penetrate and not just pass back inside for 60 minutes, but still...

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:14 PM
Fat Al

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ok pal.
You’re deluded if you think that Kane one was a penalty. I’ve not met a single person that thought it was. Barely any that thought the Sterling one was either tbf.

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:28 PM
Lok

Quote:
You’re deluded if you think that Kane one was a penalty. I’ve not met a single person that thought it was. Barely any that thought the Sterling one was either tbf.
You must meet equally deluded individuals.

Good day.

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:29 PM
silv

I want Italy to win so that our players who play for England feel really shit and come back gutted

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
You must meet equally deluded individuals.

Good day.
No, they don't think it was a penalty, so they can't be equally as deluded as you

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I want Italy to win so that our players who play for England feel really shit and come back gutted
Wtf ? You think Harry and Shaw would return to United gutted they've exceeded everyone's expectations ......

England's lions...

Unread 08-07-2021, 08:02 PM
JamesPolk

Here is proposal how about Shaw, Maguire, Rashford and Sancho get the trophy if England win but rest of them get nothing?

Unread 08-07-2021, 08:03 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Here is proposal how about Shaw, Maguire, Rashford and Sancho get the trophy if England win but rest of them get nothing?
Do they hav to sing the national anthem before ko?

Unread 08-07-2021, 08:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Lets be honest, England beat absolutely £#%&!ing nobody the past month and don't deserve the steam off Chiellini's pish after the final has been played.

Apart from that the best of luck to them!
Germany are not, and never will be, nobody.

Unread 08-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Medlock

c) not bothered either way
Closed Thread