Resigned myself to england winning this game

All my hopes now with Italy

Unread 07-07-2021, 04:47 PM
Jack Duckworth

2-1 to england.

still can't believe jordan £#%&!ing pickford has won the golden glove

Unread 07-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Sparky***

Carnage in marylebone and euston since about 1pm. Every pub heaving, people hanging out of car windows with flags, beeping horns etc. Nice to see a bit of joy after such a shit 18 months.

Fingers crossed England can do it, although if they're going to lose i won't begrudge losing to Denmark.

Unread 07-07-2021, 04:54 PM
goldfinger II

Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention but I don't understand what all the fuss is about Mount.

Find it unbelievable that he is getting in ahead of Foden and Grealish.

Unread 07-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Carnage in marylebone and euston since about 1pm. Every pub heaving, people hanging out of car windows with flags, beeping horns etc. Nice to see a bit of joy after such a shit 18 months.

Now this I can get behind.....

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention but I don't understand what all the fuss is about Mount.

Find it unbelievable that he is getting in ahead of Foden and Grealish.
yep.

given that all our attacks go wide to the full backs or wingers he ends up just flittering about the middle doing nothing

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:17 PM
dunk

He's done them there tbf.

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Urgh.

Jesus £#%&!ing christ. football "coming home" isn't about winning a cup you bunch of cretins.

It was about a tournament being playing in the country that invented it. Why can't people grasp this ffs?

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Urgh.

Jesus £#%&!ing christ. football "coming home" isn't about winning a cup you bunch of cretins.

It was about a tournament being playing in the country that invented it. Why can't people grasp this ffs?
....also quite happy to live, work and be paid handsomely in England, like his @#%&! of a father...

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:20 PM
armchair

Thought Mount was good for Chelsea and also for England until Billy Gilmore disappeared him. I suspect he does stuff that a conservative manager appreciates whereas total flair like Foden/Grealish aren't 100% trusted.

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not sure what Saka has done to start in a semi final

Looked out of his depth against Germany
not so. I thought he had a spell where he looked pretty good, but faded.

also, even sterling works back well (I don't like his lack of awareness, but can't argue with his effort).

I would not have picked saka over sancho, but it's a bit of a much of a muchness, tbh. would probably pick both of them over sterling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Thought Mount was good for Chelsea and also for England until Billy Gilmore disappeared him. I suspect he does stuff that a conservative manager appreciates whereas total flair like Foden/Grealish aren't 100% trusted.
def the southgate mentality.

which is why we don't really deserve to win anything. let's just hope he doesn't bring them on too late.

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:28 PM
armchair

Quote:
Urgh.

Not entirely all about the thrill of hosting a major tournament imo:

Quote:
Everyone seems to know the score
They've seen it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That England's gonna throw it away
Gonna blow it away
But I know they can play
Cos I remember

(chorus)
Three Lions on a shirt
Jules Rimet still gleaming
Thirty years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many sneers
But all those oh-so nears
When your down, through the years
But I still see that tackle by Moore
And when Lineker scored
Bobby belting the ball
And Nobby dancing
(chorus)

I know that was then
But it could be again

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:30 PM
Medlock

Saxon vs Dane 😎
#hewasuhtredragnarsson

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Saxon vs Dane 😎
#hewasuhtredragnarsson

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Not entirely all about the thrill of hosting a major tournament imo:
the chorus was

the lyrics are, to quote david baddiel, "it's a song about magical thinking, it's hope over experience"

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
the chorus was

the lyrics are, to quote david baddiel, "it's a song about magical thinking, it's hope over experience"
hope for what? That the tournament organisation went well?

Well organised tournament England!

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
hope for what?
You'd have to ask him.

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
You'd have to ask him.
You calling people cretins and thinking the song was about england getting to host a tournament.

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:50 PM
MUFC One Love

Big build up tbf. There will be some sore heads tomorrow watching the build up here.

Sunday could be madness if they get through tonight.

Unread 07-07-2021, 05:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You calling people cretins and thinking the song was about england getting to host a tournament.
No i said 'football coming home', specifically that line, is in reference to the tournament being played here, not the whole song.
Closed Thread