United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:21 AM
Pop

They want rid of Griezmann too. Maybe Atletico will take him back.

"The Return"

£#%&!ing little belm.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:23 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
They want rid of Griezmann too. Maybe Atletico will take him back.

"The Return"

£#%&!ing little belm.
city linked.

and psg with messi. would solve barca's problems. well.. some of them.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Time For Heroes

You'd think get rid of Messi and start building a new team etc as he's only got a couple of years left but apparently even with his astronomical wages and bonuses he still earns them more commercially than he costs them

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:26 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
You'd think get rid of Messi and start building a new team etc as he's only got a couple of years left but apparently even with his astronomical wages and bonuses he still earns them more commercially than he costs them
Which is why I've been surprised the Glazers have never been back in for Ronaldo.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:27 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
It's about 10 years since i've been, but when I was in Madrid, shops selling offical Real & Barca stuff were absolutely everywhere, and you can imagine which names sell the best to the tourists.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Which is why I've been surprised the Glazers have never been back in for Ronaldo.
I’d imagine they’re now thinking Ronaldo and Messi need replacing and the key is finding the next superstars..

You’d think they’d be all over the Mbappe situation, I keep reading Liverpool are at the head of the queue as things stand

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:37 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d imagine they’re now thinking Ronaldo and Messi need replacing and the key is finding the next superstars..

You’d think they’d be all over the Mbappe situation, I keep reading Liverpool are at the head of the queue as things stand
The shirt deals probably aren't linked to units sold or they'd be all over it. So many kids these days follow players rather than clubs.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:39 AM
jem

Quote:
maybe, but it still doesn't explain why turnover > wages. just badly run... probably deliberately so as they think (like real) they won't be allowed to go under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
bit of a gamble, as he will demand silly wages, even if on a free, but I am sure someone will have done the calculations. he would still be a smart option.... and doesn't even need to play that much. could alternate with el matador.

Quote:

er.... we've already got pogba.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:42 AM
dunk

Messi’s new deal is sorted though, apparently

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:43 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
It's about 10 years since i've been, but when I was in Madrid, shops selling offical Real & Barca stuff were absolutely everywhere, and you can imagine which names sell the best to the tourists.
malcolm

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
er.... we've already got pogba.
Should’ve said ‘useful superstar’.

I was thinking Pjanic would be worth a dabble on a freebie to add a little control in the midfield. No idea how mobile he is these days though.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:56 AM
jem

Quote:
Should’ve said ‘useful superstar’.

I was thinking Pjanic would be worth a dabble on a freebie to add a little control in the midfield. No idea how mobile he is these days though.
pogba is useful, he just needs to stay the £#%&! out of our half.

not only would pjanic add to the goal celebrations, but I am hearing he is also something of trainspotter. and his views on covid are right on the button.

p.s. I am not going to stop until the quiggler joins in.

we need an experience soldier in midfield next to pjanic to shout a loud warning to him if he looks as if he is about to do something stupid.

do we have room for him, though?

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:01 PM
guerreiro

OP says they need to reduce the wage bill by 200,000 euro.

Isn’t that one weeks wages for one player?

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:03 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
OP says they need to reduce the wage bill by 200,000 euro.

Isn’t that one weeks wages for one player?
Typo, next tweet says it's 200 million euros

Which is probably one week's wages for Messi but still

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:21 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Typo, next tweet says it's 200 million euros

Which is probably one week's wages for Messi but still
Ten biliion and four hundred million pounds a year he's on?

No wonder they're £#%&!ed

Unread 06-07-2021, 01:18 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
90s Barca were such a joy. Loved the club back then but since Pep they've been a thoroughly unlikeable outfit to the point where Madrid look like a decent set of lads.
and the Bertie sportwashing @#%&!s have been carbon copy of Barcelona since fraudiola first arrived at Barcelona, maybe the solution for the whole thing is that the mansour stop his sport washing exercice with the berties and just buys Barcelona, I mean more than half of the current staff of betires are ex-barcelona something.

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
and the Bertie sportwashing @#%&!s have been carbon copy of Barcelona since fraudiola first arrived at Barcelona, maybe the solution for the whole thing is that the mansour stop his sport washing exercice with the berties and just buys Barcelona, I mean more than half of the current staff of betires are ex-barcelona something.
Wrong ownership model. It's almost like you've slept in for four months.

Unread 06-07-2021, 03:17 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Is that even with Messi off the books?
YES.

Some sage on tv the other day said what they hope to do with Messi is pay him what he wants, but spread it over a lifelong deal.

I.e when he is retired, they'll still be paying him.

Unread 06-07-2021, 03:22 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
YES.

Some sage on tv the other day said what they hope to do with Messi is pay him what he wants, but spread it over a lifelong deal.

I.e when he is retired, they'll still be paying him.
The Phil Jones payment plan.

Unread 06-07-2021, 03:44 PM
Neo

They're a genuinely weird club, who have basically sold their entire soul to Lionel Messi.

They seem utterly obsessed with this idea that he must remain with them no matter the cost, in order to then stake a future claim that the world's greatest ever player, which he isn't in any case, spent his entire career with them.

As a club they've always been massively insecure and suffered from an inferiority complex against Real Madrid, but their behaviour in relation to Messi has been utterly bizarre. I genuinely think some of them would rather wind down the entire club for good than sell him.
Closed Thread