United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He’s probably been asked that 20 times this week tbf. Not exactly what you want to hear after getting battered

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:36 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Your wum game is a bit welsh, absolutely shite

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I watched the full game and seriously think Wales were unlucky.

They deserved a goal in the first 25 minutes, conceded a worldie and then that 2nd goal killed them. Terrible, terrible defending from the scouse lad and they lost their nerve in the last few minutes.

No shame though and can hold their heads high.
They registered one shot on target in the entire game and got comprehensively outplayed. How exactly is that unlucky?

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:39 PM
armchair

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:49 PM
jem

Quote:
some of the leggy tackling was a bit shameful. there is no shame in losing to a good danish team, though. wales were comprehensively outplayed in every department; they were not, in any sense unlucky. unless you count the decision var got wrong.

the only really unforgivable incident was bale trying to be a hero and stealing a cross off the other forward's head... when the best he was ever going to do was head it up. the danes played as a team; bale wants to be a hero.

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Bunker Buster

They'll easily be the worst team to play in this last 16...

Utter shame.

They played it like a last group game and they were already through, even at 2-0 they committed no one forward, there was no intensity or guile, most teams have a 15/20 spell of pressure, they were limp and gutless...

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They'll easily be the worst team to play in this last 16...

Utter shame.

They played it like a last group game and they were already through, even at 2-0 they committed no one forward, there was no intensity or guile, most teams have a 15/20 spell of pressure, they were limp and gutless...
Bloody hell pal, going in ain’t ya!

We’ve been poor all tournament apart from the game against the dark horses of Turkey. Personally I’m happy with getting out the group, more than I thought would happen. Page is an absolute gimp, awful manager, with someone different we might have had more of a go.

That said, if you look at the squad it’s full of average players so can only expect so much.

Unread 26-06-2021, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I watched the full game and seriously think Wales were unlucky.

They deserved a goal in the first 25 minutes, conceded a worldie and then that 2nd goal killed them. Terrible, terrible defending from the scouse lad and they lost their nerve in the last few minutes.

Hmmm, think both "deserved" and "25 minutes" are stretching things a bit here.

After about a dozen minutes the Danish manager made a fairly basic change, and pretty much nullified Bale out of the game. After that there was only ever likely to be one winner.

Unread 26-06-2021, 07:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Bloody hell pal, going in ain’t ya!

We’ve been poor all tournament apart from the game against the dark horses of Turkey. Personally I’m happy with getting out the group, more than I thought would happen. Page is an absolute gimp, awful manager, with someone different we might have had more of a go.

That said, if you look at the squad it’s full of average players so can only expect so much.
It's annoyed more me than it should.....

I can't understand the lack of desire, felt very United at times....

Anyway.....

Unread 26-06-2021, 07:22 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They registered one shot on target in the entire game and got comprehensively outplayed. How exactly is that unlucky?
I was being generous as I like the Welsh.

It felt closer than that but I was getting food delivered and may have missed some of the game.

Unread 26-06-2021, 08:10 PM
Medlock

Love Wales. Will be there loads this summer. Might bring variant...

Unread 26-06-2021, 10:10 PM
MagnificentSeven

didn't dolberg play against us in the europa final when he was at ajax? remember him getting saged a lot as one of europe's young rising stars around that time then he just suddenly faded to obscurity.

sign him up, reunite him with the beek

Unread 26-06-2021, 10:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
didn't dolberg play against us in the europa final when he was at ajax? remember him getting saged a lot as one of europe's young rising stars around that time then he just suddenly faded to obscurity.

sign him up, reunite him with the beek
Yeah was supposedly going to be a big star

Not sure what happened

I reckon Dunk or pure would have started a thread about him being one we should sign or something.
Closed Thread