United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2019, 07:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We really need to forget about Fergie and any attempts to replicate him.

He's gone. His time has gone.
Good thing we hired a manager who spends half his time talking about Fergie then

Unread 24-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Regardless of signings, how does he want the team to play? What is his tactical vision?

We could all answer that question for Klopp, Sarri, Guardiola, Howe, Allardyce, Silva, Santo, Emery, Rogers, etc... I haven't a £#%&!ing clue how Ole wants the team to play. I'm worried that he doesn't either.
Eh up, Michael Cox is in....

Unread 24-05-2019, 09:42 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We really need to forget about Fergie and any attempts to replicate him.

He's gone. His time has gone.
Problem with that is that the tards in charge haven’t a clue, so Fergie is their only reference point

Unread 24-05-2019, 09:44 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Eh up, Michael Cox is in....

Unread 24-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Pepe le Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Many managers are hired midway through a season and are expected to demonstrate a change in the team's play before signing players. Signing players can be vital to getting it to work, but the tactical outlook should take shape quickly.

Klopp's influence was evident in his first game away at Spurs before he probably knew most of the players by name. Same for managers at smaller clubs such as Poch at Southampton and even Marco Silva at Hull. After six months under Ole we looked un-coached.
I think there was some evidence in the first half of his tenure, we were pressing far more and actually attacking in numbers for the first time in ages. Since PSG away though, it's all gone to shit.

Whether that's due to tiredness, a lack of effort, lack of direction or a combination of these factors, we don't know. The unbeaten run wasn't just a fluke though, we beat some decent sides along the way.

I get that long term it may be beyond his capabilities but I don't think it's fair to write him off just yet.
Closed Thread