United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:46 AM
The Stella Fella

Average at best last season. Prob cost us as many points as he won us.
Been great as a keeper but in a very poor period of players hence so many player of the yr awards.

People judging Romero on one game every 2 months

Unread 22-05-2019, 07:06 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Been great as a keeper but in a very poor period of players hence so many player of the yr awards.

I’m judging him on the fact he plays one game every two months.

Unread 22-05-2019, 07:18 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’m judging him on the fact he plays one game every two months.
And has been at fault at times

Unread 22-05-2019, 07:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
And has been at fault at times
Proof or stfu.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:13 AM
AK14

PSG signing Herrera makes sense now.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:19 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella

He played a few when he came in as it looked like De Gea was off if I remember properly. He was pretty shaky then.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
PSG signing Herrera makes sense now.
Yep. Nothing more than an expensive pal.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Vedder

Couldn’t give a £#%&!. Won’t miss the soft @#%&! throwing balls into his net next season.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:24 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
He played a few when he came in as it looked like De Gea was off if I remember properly. He was pretty shaky then.
He probably assumed Manchester United, one of the greatest clubs of all time, had a defense that knew how to defend. He's had time to adjust now and I can't wait to see him saving Ash time and time again next season.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:25 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Absolute bullshit.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:41 AM
ZiggyStardust

Goalkeeping position is the last position I'd worry about
You just need a solid guy back there who does the basics of goalkeeping really well and doesn't make too many mistakes

Obviously if you want to reach a higher level you'd look at getting the best possible player in that position but we have so many other area that need immediate attention that I think spending big on a goalkeeper this summer would be a waste of resources

Romero is fine for a season and then we can access our situation next summer

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well nobody is suggesting DdG is a United legend on the Robbo level. Not even his agent I suspect

That’s reassuring mate. Decent shot stopper but a shithouse on Gary Bailey levels.

Have a proper keeper getting splinters in his arse last few years. Wants to be here, apparently.

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:52 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Goalkeeping position is the last position I'd worry about
You just need a solid guy back there who does the basics of goalkeeping really well and doesn't make too many mistakes

Obviously if you want to reach a higher level you'd look at getting the best possible player in that position but we have so many other area that need immediate attention that I think spending big on a goalkeeper this summer would be a waste of resources

Romero is fine for a season and then we can access our situation next summer
and there begins the cementing of our decline.

our only world class player leaves...

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Ethers

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell. Have we turned into Stoke?

Having a World Class keeper is absolutely imperative if we want to get back to anywhere near where we should be.

There’s really no point investing in defenders if we’re just going to chuck an average keeper behind them.

Unread 22-05-2019, 10:18 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
£#%&!ing hell. Have we turned into Stoke?

Having a World Class keeper is absolutely imperative if we want to get back to anywhere near where we should be.

There’s really no point investing in defenders if we’re just going to chuck an average keeper behind them.
I'm not talking about sticking Karius in goal
Romero has 90 plus caps for Argentina and has shown he's a very solid dependable keeper when he has played for us

We didn't need a world class keeper when we won the league in 00,01 and 03
In fact in 99-00 we had absolute shite in goal

Eventually we need to look at getting the best possible player for that position but for now there are other areas that need to be urgently addressed

Unread 22-05-2019, 10:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I'm not talking about sticking Karius in goal
Romero has 90 plus caps for Argentina and has shown he's a very solid dependable keeper when he has played for us

We didn't need a world class keeper when we won the league in 00,01 and 03
In fact in 99-00 we had absolute shite in goal

Eventually we need to look at getting the best possible player for that position but for now there are other areas that need to be urgently addressed
Apparently he chucks them into the net every time he plays according to some whoppers on here...

Unread 22-05-2019, 10:32 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Absolute bullshit.
Have you had the username ‘Peakyblinder’? A quick look at thr first analysis thread of him draws the pretty much unanimous conclusion that he’s shit, all with the expedition of some dumb £#%&! called Peakyblinder. Has to be you, for that level of stupidity.

Unread 22-05-2019, 10:33 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Have you had the username ‘Peakyblinder’? A quick look at thr first analysis thread of him draws the pretty much unanimous conclusion that he’s shit, all with the expedition of some dumb £#%&! called Peakyblinder. Has to be you, for that level of stupidity.
Indeed.

Well done columbo.

I was the first one to label him Big Serge, too.

He has come on leaps and bounds as he has shown whenever called upon.

Unread 22-05-2019, 10:34 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Indeed.

Well done columbo.

I was the first one to label him Big Serge, too.

He has come on leaps and bounds as he has shown whenever called upon.

Unread 22-05-2019, 10:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
And now everyone uses it.

You have a weird obsession with me like ears.

Get a grip.
Closed Thread