United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He isn’t a shit footballer imo. Everyone in our squad is inconsistent because the environment is. Lingard has many of the right attributes which is why his record in big games and finals is deceptively good. He hasn’t ever been able to put it together regularly though. Nothing special as a player but you keep guys like him as squad players.
This is my point though...

He is below average and should be starting league cup games.
But, he's apparently an important first team player.

That's sickening

Unread 25-05-2019, 05:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
This is my point though...

He is below average and should be starting league cup games.
But, he's apparently an important first team player.

That's sickening
On average over the last three seasons he’s started half the league games. He’s not important. He’s a squad player.

Unread 25-05-2019, 05:26 PM
sa7

Stop arguing about him.

Just mow him down with a £#%&!ing pickup truck.

Unread 25-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Brucie

Quote:
On average over the last three seasons he’s started half the league games. He’s not important. He’s a squad player.
Ole rushed him back from injury because he's apparently so vital to his plans...

It's sickening

Unread 25-05-2019, 05:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Ole rushed him back from injury because he's apparently so vital to his plans...

It's sickening
So vital he left him out against Barca at OT. Pogba is clearly seen as the vital player in that area of the field. We have worse players than Lingard who play more often and earn more money.

Unread 25-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Brucie

Quote:
So vital he left him out against Barca at OT. Pogba is clearly seen as the vital player in that area of the field. We have worse players than Lingard who play more often and earn more money.
Not disputing that but, if I wanted to talk about them, I'd use their threads. Not Messi Lingard's

Anyways, we're £#%&!ed so its irrelevant. Have a good one

Unread 25-05-2019, 06:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
So, can we not think about more than one thing at a time then? Isn’t that the literal point of separate threads? Every player who we know isn’t good enough for United and wasting a shirt is potentially stopping someone who might be from coming through. If that’s 20 of them, so be it.

I absolutely hate that in some way Lingard represents the new standard of acceptable for this club, even as a squad player - which he’s not by the way.

Unread 25-05-2019, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Course he isnt leaving. Stay at United or sign for Peterborough, Cambridge or Newport? Easy choice.
We have an advance on Ipswich

Unread 25-05-2019, 07:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So, can we not think about more than one thing at a time then? Isn’t that the literal point of separate threads? Every player who we know isn’t good enough for United and wasting a shirt is potentially stopping someone who might be from coming through. If that’s 20 of them, so be it.

I absolutely hate that in some way Lingard represents the new standard of acceptable for this club, even as a squad player - which he’s not by the way.
Well the Matic thread hasn’t been bumped in two months. A guy who cost the club a lot more than Lingard. But leaving aside preferred (easy) targets, I’m talking about this in the context of moving forward. Unfortunately this isn’t Fantasy Football. You can’t change the whole squad.

Lingard is nowhere near being an issue in that regard. And he’s started exactly half (57 from 114) of our league games over the last three years. That’s a squad player.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
No maybe about it. But I'm encouraging you to maybe talk about football.

Sanchez has drained about £60m out of United over the last 18 months, but Lingard being on Insta annoys you a lot more.
Sanchez has widely been regarded as a failure and will likely be sold

Sanchez was good, is now shit and been judged accordingly.

Lingard is average, always has been and will continue to be so. And we won't sell him.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
No maybe about it. But I'm encouraging you to maybe talk about football.

Sanchez has drained about £60m out of United over the last 18 months, but Lingard being on Insta annoys you a lot more.
But you’re the only one thinking about things in those terms though; it’s really very odd. His existence annoys me, and if I were as shit as him I’d stop reminding people I was alive. It really is that simple pal.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Sanchez has widely been regarded as a failure and will likely be sold

Sanchez was good, is now shit and been judged accordingly.

Lingard is average, always has been and will continue to be so. And we won't sell him.
And Sanchez was brought in on insane money and was supposed to be a superstar.

Lingard is a squad player from the academy who continues a tradition of having guys in the squad who are from the club.

Quote:
But you’re the only one thinking about things in those terms though; it’s really very odd. His existence annoys me, and if I were as shit as him I’d stop reminding people I was alive. It really is that simple pal.
Had noticed

I find him annoying, but not as much as guys we spend a fortune on who are really supposed to make the difference. I have no interest in Lingard or his Instagram account (has fewer posts than Sanchez on Insta btw) but I get far more wound up seeing Lukaku £#%&!ed after 20 minutes of a game or Sanchez coming on once every month for five minutes when we obliterated our wage structure for him.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:27 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Lingard is a squad player from the academy who continues a tradition of having guys in the squad who are from the club.
He isn't a squad player. He plays far too often and in far too many big games to be called that.

Sanchez is being judged by the standards you've outlined. He's failing and will be rightly sold.

Lingard is being judged by some Bullshit notion that it's good to have academy players around regardless of what they offer.

Neither Sanchez or Lingard should be featuring regularly for the club and both should be judged by the standards expected of United players.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:27 PM
utd99

Quote:

And that’s the point isn’t it? I’d rather have a team solely made up of decent hard working Iraqis than have to field one Lingard just because of some romantic fallacy. When Busby said “If you’re good enough you’re old enough”, what part of “good enough” is hard to understand?

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Had noticed

I find him annoying, but not as much as guys we spend a fortune on who are really supposed to make the difference. I have no interest in Lingard or his Instagram account (has fewer posts than Sanchez on Insta btw) but I get far more wound up seeing Lukaku £#%&!ed after 20 minutes of a game or Sanchez coming on once every month for five minutes when we obliterated our wage structure for him.

I can't annoyed by Lukaku, Sanchez AND Lingard. Top Red.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Had noticed

No one’s happy with them either mate.

I just realized I referred to him as a young player even though I know he’s he’s 27. It’s like Derren Brown is the @#%&!’s agent.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
He isn't a squad player. He plays far too often and in far too many big games to be called that.

Sanchez is being judged by the standards you've outlined. He's failing and will be rightly sold.

Lingard is being judged by some Bullshit notion that it's good to have academy players around regardless of what they offer.

Neither Sanchez or Lingard should be featuring regularly for the club and both should be judged by the standards expected of United players.
Has started exactly 50% of our league games over the last three years. Most league matches started in a season - 20.

There are long-established standards for squad players, especially those who come through the academy as we saw with John O'Shea. At our height he was clearly one of our weaker players, but I never felt removing a decent homegrown squad player was a priority.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:38 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! Lingard.

A massively shit @#%&! who adds £#%&! all to the squad.

If you think otherwise, let me know via pm and you can go on ignore as you are quite clearly a #@&%!ed @#%&!

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
And that’s the point isn’t it? I’d rather have a team solely made up of decent hard working Iraqis than have to field one Lingard just because of some romantic fallacy. When Busby said “If you’re good enough you’re old enough”, what part of “good enough” is hard to understand?
Lingard is good enough to be a squad player. At least where we are right now.

Everyone is under-performing now, but longer term you need good squad players. Homegrown ones are always preferable as they're more likely to put the club before sulking and self-interest. It's why I say Fergie wouldn't have sold him.

He is a strange one though. So many of his goals have come in finals, at Stamford Bridge, Anfield, Emirates etc.

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:46 PM
Buck

Quote:
Lingard is good enough to be a squad player. At least where we are right now.

Everyone is under-performing now, but longer term you need good squad players. Homegrown ones are always preferable as they're more likely to put the club before sulking and self-interest. It's why I say Fergie wouldn't have sold him.

He is a strange one though. So many of his goals have come in finals, at Stamford Bridge, Anfield, Emirates etc.
He's 30 in three years.
Closed Thread