United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-10-2020, 05:06 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
he will play a big role for the club this season....press needs to lay off, we've only played 6 or 7 matches up to this point. FFS.
Yeah, good luck with that.

Unread 26-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah, good luck with that.
win 3-4 games in a row and that should shut them up.

Obviously that's far too much to ask.

Unread 26-10-2020, 05:50 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
win 3-4 games in a row and that should shut them up.

Obviously that's far too much to ask.
it won't matter if he's not starting or at least getting meaningful minutes

Unread 26-10-2020, 08:10 PM
red in cumbria

I'm still prepared to trust what Ole said at the weekend, for now.

Unread 26-10-2020, 08:19 PM
utd99

Yeah, I’m sure he’s shitting himself now.

Unread 26-10-2020, 08:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah, I’m sure he’s shitting himself now.
Why, he's eaten a dodgy takeaway?

Unread 26-10-2020, 08:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Why, he's eaten a dodgy takeaway?

Unread 27-10-2020, 01:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
he will play a big role for the club this season....press needs to lay off, we've only played 6 or 7 matches up to this point. FFS.
That's quite a few when you consider we paid 40M for him and he's been behind more or less every midfielder on our books so far. Id have had him in on day 1 tbh, its always a big lift to play your 'marquee signing' from the off but for whatever reason we didn't despite him having the advantage of a pre season behind him. He came on, gave us a lift and even scored yet was reduced to playing stoppage time the following week (in another poor performance). Gets on when the games over v Spurs, about 3 mins v PSG and unused v Chelsea at home with Mata, James, The Scottish Player and Fred all playing, now ive always liked Mata, but thats a whose who of mediocrity.

People can make all the arguments they want but something is amiss with this one. I expect he'll start v Liepzeg then be dropped again on the weekend. Lets see.

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
People can make all the arguments they want but something is amiss with this one. I expect he'll start v Liepzeg then be dropped again on the weekend. Lets see.

If we're still in the same situation by Christamas, maybe.
Whiffs of him maybe being a non-ole signing, woodward trying to appease him after failing with his top targets? Ole deciding not to use him if possible? Bizarre but possible.

Or, he's just bedding him in slowly and he's pogbas long term replacement.

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Medlock

Absolute mountain out of a molehill. Happens all the time at other clubs and used to at United as well.

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:18 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Absolute mountain out of a molehill. Happens all the time at other clubs and used to at United as well.
This.

Keita and Fabinho barely played for months, and then made an impact when introduced at the right time for the dippers.

Just desperate paper talk making something out of nothing, which has been a running theme so far this season.

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Explain why he needs easing in then ?

James, Fred, Pogba, etc all getting starts or minutes before him ?

He's champions league level, played in a league similar to the prem, had a full pre season, signed early, scored on his debut...

Why the kids glove ?

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:23 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This.

Keita and Fabinho barely played for months, and then made an impact when introduced at the right time for the dippers.

Just desperate paper talk making something out of nothing, which has been a running theme so far this season.
Keita and Fabinho were coming into a team that had just reached a CL final and got 100 points in the league.

Apart from that, the scenarios are very similar.

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:29 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

He's champions league level, played in a league similar to the prem, had a full pre season, signed early, scored on his debut...

Why the kids glove ?
I’m inclined to agree...

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Why the kids glove ?
Eredivisie the same level as the prem?!

I don't know why he needs easing in, but I trust there are reasons. Maybe it's to get him up to speed so our fan base don't make a snap judgement about him if he started every game possible and didn't look that great. Like Fred for example, who was utter shite for a good 6 months+ when he first came and was thrown into the starting line up immediately (not that he is absolutely fantastic now mind).

Also, lots of players played for Ajax in the Champions league, and lots of players played for other teams in the Champions League, it doesn't automatically mean they can walk into any team in the world and immediately start putting in top performances.

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:36 AM
Bunker Buster

It's the closest League to the prem for physicality....

The rest of you post is just warbling shite, he might turn out like Fred, need to protect him from the fans

Also playing for Ajax from a kid in European finals and later stages kind of does give you a gead start over Daniel £#%&!ing James and an utterly out of form (never had form) pogba and others..

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:51 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
It's the closest League to the prem for physicality....

The rest of you post is just warbling shite, he might turn out like Fred, need to protect him from the fans

Also playing for Ajax from a kid in European finals and later stages kind of does give you a gead start over Daniel £#%&!ing James and an utterly out of form (never had form) pogba and others..
Similar in physicality? That it? Great The Championship is also similar in terms of physicality...

It's not warbling shite though is it. Fred has been tainted by his complete shitness from when he was first introduced. Maybe if he was given some time and introduced slowly into a new league and new team he may have had a better start to his Man United career. And yes, the fans. You only need to read the match threads or social media to see what fans have to say about young Man United players that don't perform to the expected standard (and even some that do).

He's also most likely going to be playing instead of Pogba or Fernandes, not James, so I don't know why you keep bringing him up

But if you're going to compare the level of football he has played, compare him to someone like Pogba, who has won a World Cup and played in the latter stages of the Champions League more often.

If it was up to me I'd start him above Pogba every day of the week, but then again I would've let Pogba go on a free in the summer because I despise him.

But I trust there is a reason why VDB is being introduced slowly into the team, and that he will get more than enough game time before the season is finished.

Unread 27-10-2020, 09:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Van de Beek must be protected from twitter fans

We will agree to disagree patty lad.....

Start Beek.
Free Beek

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Why the kids glove ?
Spot on pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Keita and Fabinho were coming into a team that had just reached a CL final and got 100 points in the league.

Apart from that, the scenarios are very similar.

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:03 AM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Windy not missing the chance to put a passive aggressive boot into ole.

How strange...