Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2018, 09:58 AM
TheFatGoth

Question YOUR Top 5 worst signings of the post-Fergie era

Plenty to chose from

5. Paul Pogba

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

4. Maroanne Fellaini

Don't hate him as much as some but he's the poster boy of the post-Fergie era, and he'll forever be tarnished by his association with Moyes.

3. Morgan Schneiderlin

Was that good season at Southampton a fluke or what? Complete non-entity.

2. Alexis Sanchez

Absolute disaster.

1. Angel Di Maria

Despise him.

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Cream

Schneiderlin
Di Maria
Falcao
Darmian
Mkhitaryan

Incidentally, the number of players signed per manager:
Moyes 2
LVG 12
Mou 10

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:37 AM
dunk

5. Mata
4. Schneiderlin
3. Rojo
2. Di Maria
1. Falcao (if he counts) or Schweinsteiger and Sanchez

Just can’t trim it to 5

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:37 AM
andyroo

Hard to argue. As shite as some of the others have been.

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Buck

5. Marouane Fellaini - worst signing since Garry Birtles

4. Angel di Maria - worst signing since Marouane Fellaini

3. Morgan Schneiderlin - worst signing since Angel di Maria

2. Romelu Lukaku - worst signing since Morgan Schneiderlin

1. Alexis Sanchez - worst signing since Romelu Lukaku

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:43 AM
AK14

Fellaini
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Di Maria
Sanchez

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:49 AM
puressence

where do we start .......

5 di maria

4 di maria

3 di maria

2 di maria

1 di maria

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Arnold Muhren

Moyes
Woodward
Di Maria
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger (would’ve loved him in his pomp though)

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:57 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Fellaini
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Di Maria
Sanchez
V difficult to narrow it down to 5 tbh.

I agree with the above but would swap lukaku with Fellaini. The thought of watching lukaku for the next 5 years is one of the most depressing prospects I’ve ever felt re United.

Fellaini drops out of the top 5 on account of him being effective at his brand of shit football.

Unread 29-10-2018, 10:59 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
V difficult to narrow it down to 5 tbh.

I agree with the above but would swap lukaku with Fellaini. The thought of watching lukaku for the next 5 years is one of the most depressing prospects I’ve ever felt re United.

Fellaini drops out of the top 5 on account of him being effective at his brand of shit football.
He's not terribly effective. He's only scored, what, about fourteen goals in five seasons.

Unread 29-10-2018, 11:08 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He's not terribly effective. He's only scored, what, about fourteen goals in five seasons.
He’d be 6th on my list of shit signings pal, I’m hardly blowing smoke up his arse.

Unread 29-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Our top scorers since Ferguson left:

1. Rooney - 56
2. Martial - 41
3. Mata - 41
4. Rashford - 33
5. Lukaku - 31
6. Ibrahimovic - 29
7. Van Persie - 28
8. Lingard - 24
9. Fellaini - 21
10. Pogba - 20

Ronaldo has scored exactly 200 more goals than our leading scorer in that time

Unread 29-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Hands of Scone

1. Angel Di Maria - just an utter utter @#%&!. Hated him before we signed him. I took a Mos Eiskey style instant dislike to his face the first time i saw him, and I would still hate him if he presented me with a suitcase full of the cash he didn’t earn while he ‘played’ at Old Trafford.

2. Marouane Fellaini - he cannot be properly described as a ‘footballer’. If i was at passport control I’d turn him back when I read his supposed occupation. He has no business being at a club with our storied history. He shouldn’t even be allowed in old trafford to watch united. The tragedy is that we’ve fallen so far so fast his shiteness is now hidden like a dog turd among the autumnal leaf litter.

3. Darmian - A true find. That rarity that is an italian defender who can neither defend nor even kick people effectively. Plain useless. I wouldn’t even ask a fee for him. Just plonk him outside the door, pat him on his arse and send him on his way.

4. Alexis Sanchez - the only good thing about signing this gummy #@&%! was we managed to offload the ineffectual hang dog-faced non entity that was mikhitarian. However, it turns out it was the football equivalent of escaping Marcellus by ducking into Zed’s.

5. Romelu Lukaku - exactly what we didn’t need. A big brainless lazy lummox. A less effective Giroud who sometimes scores seemingly despite himself. You can’t really hate the big man it’s just that he’s startlingly shite at everything he does.

Unread 29-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
1. Angel Di Maria - just an utter utter @#%&!. Hated him before we signed him. I took a Mos Eiskey style instant dislike to his face the first time i saw him, and I would still hate him if he presented me with a suitcase full of the cash he didn’t earn while he ‘played’ at Old Trafford.

2. Marouane Fellaini - he cannot be properly described as a ‘footballer’. If i was at passport control I’d turn him back when I read his supposed occupation. He has no business being at a club with our storied history. He shouldn’t even be allowed in old trafford to watch united. The tragedy is that we’ve fallen so far so fast his shiteness is now hidden like a dog turd among the autumnal leaf litter.

3. Darmian - A true find. That rarity that is an italian defender who can neither defend nor even kick people effectively. Plain useless. I wouldn’t even ask a fee for him. Just plonk him outside the door, pat him on his arse and send him on his way.

4. Alexis Sanchez - the only good thing about signing this gummy #@&%! was we managed to offload the ineffectual hang dog-faced non entity that was mikhitarian. However, it turns out it was the football equivalent of escaping Marcellus by ducking into Zed’s.

5. Romelu Lukaku - exactly what we didn’t need. A big brainless lazy lummox. A less effective Giroud who sometimes scores seemingly despite himself. You can’t really hate the big man it’s just that he’s startlingly shite at everything he does.
Did you haver between alliteration and detritus, like Lukaku in a one v one?

Unread 29-10-2018, 11:37 AM
windy waffles

All of them have been pretty horrific. I'd argue Fellaini has been one which has provided the most value.

Unread 29-10-2018, 01:08 PM
S/Side.Red

As we stand:

1. Sanchez. So far an absolute disaster from minute one.
2. Di Maria. Similar but at least he was brilliant for a month or so.
3. Schneiderlin. May not have cost as much but such a nothing, pointless player.
4. Fellaini. A constant reminder of where we are now.
5. Darmain. No business playing for a club like United.

The fact that there are so many dubious ones who didn't even make the list says a lot. Hotly contested prize

Unread 29-10-2018, 01:12 PM
sa7

1. Official Tractor Partner
2. Official Tyres Partner
3. Official Tampon Partner
4. Official @#%&! Partner
5. Official Thai Cave Boys Partner

Unread 29-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Chorlton74

Di Maria by a mile.

Surprised there's no mention for Victor Valdes

Unread 29-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Clownbones

Di Maria

Awful £#%&!er.

At least Sanchez tries. As disastrous as he's been.

Its the 'never a United player' ones I can't stand.

Darmian, Fellaini, Schneiderlen, Lukaku.... shithouse, ball-less anti-footballers.

Some of the departures have been as bad. Sold Nani, Kagawa, Mkjitrayan, Rafael, Blind and kept/bought the likes of Valencia, Jones, Fellaini - all of those bastards.

Unread 29-10-2018, 01:45 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Di Maria

Awful £#%&!er.

At least Sanchez tries. As disastrous as he's been.
Same.
Sanchez has been a 300k a week disaster. But somewhere there you can see the player he once was/wants to be. It was the same with Falcao. However, Di Maria, as many have eloquently described, was just an absolute @#%&!. No other signing comes close.
Closed Thread