Still want us to sign Reece james mate?
He's a good right back.

Abrahams is awful, however.

Unread 21-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He's a good right back. .

You would say that seeing as it's your second team..

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:00 PM
bosskeano

seems like a lot of times ,in the past 18 months, Pool come up against one of the top teams, the opposition gets a player sent off....

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
seems like a lot of times ,in the past 18 months, Pool come up against one of the top teams, the opposition gets a player sent off....
Let's be honest, that was hardly a controversial call yesterday, he rugby tackled him for christ's sake.

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:17 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let's be honest, that was hardly a controversial call yesterday, he rugby tackled him for christ's sake.
Kepa would have thrown one or two in regardless.

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How £#%&!ing stupid was that? Let him go ffs, there's no guarantee he gets the ball, if he does no guarantee he doesn't over-run it etc. The only thing guaranteed is that if you get yourself sent off the team is £#%&!ed. Better to be 1-0 down than a man down for 45 minutes. I don't understand the thinking from Christensen at all. Hope he plays CB for Chelsea all season..

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:26 PM
bosskeano

tbf...i didn't see the incident or watch the game but if it was that straight forward why did he get an initial yellow only for it to go to VAR for the red?

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:31 PM
M33mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yeah, it's bizarre. I wonder what the theory is behind it.
Statistically teams progress the ball further up the pitch and retain control of it by playing out than by going long, this is generally true of most sides except for a few in the league.

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
tbf...i didn't see the incident or watch the game but if it was that straight forward why did he get an initial yellow only for it to go to VAR for the red?
Some question as to whether Mane could get the ball.

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
On first viewing it looked possible the keeper was getting to the ball first, he wasn't.

Also as it was Kepa, he would have probably fallen over and headed it from the ground straight back to Mane.

Unread 21-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How £#%&!ing stupid was that? Let him go ffs, there's no guarantee he gets the ball, if he does no guarantee he doesn't over-run it etc. The only thing guaranteed is that if you get yourself sent off the team is £#%&!ed. Better to be 1-0 down than a man down for 45 minutes. I don't understand the thinking from Christensen at all. Hope he plays CB for Chelsea all season..
100%.

It's only really worth doing if you're leading the game with very little time left. You've got something to protect and you might fancy your chance of just shutting them out.

If the game is level, you're basically killing any chance you have of winning the game. Especially against a top side. Being 1 down with all else even is much better than being a man down at 0-0 with more than half the game left.

Stupid decision from a shit player.
Closed Thread