United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: United: Where will we finish ?
1st 6 9.38%
2nd 9 14.06%
3rd 19 29.69%
4th 16 25.00%
5th 9 14.06%
6th 0 0%
Lower 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:13 PM
ZiggyStardust

Can't really say until the transfer window closes as I think we'll make another signing or two

Hard to see how we can realistically finish higher than 3rd but it's all about how close to City and Liverpool we finish
Our points total wasn't that good last season

We need to see the consistency of results that we've shown since Fernandes signed throughout a full season

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:16 PM
dunk

I would say that as of this moment, City have probably gotten worse rather than better having lost Silva & Sane and signed Ake and Torres, but would imagine they'll get Koulibaly and another midfielder or forward of some description.

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:18 PM
Ronny

Don’t misunderstand me .
I am happy for Solskjaer to lead United for another ten years he has got us back on track.
But three semi finals three losses..
He needs a Carlos Queiroz figure to, at least, teach us how to defend.

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Don’t misunderstand me .
I am happy for Solskjaer to lead United for another ten years he has got us back on track.
He needs a Carlos Queiroz figure to at least teach us how to defend.
I’d put the semi losses down to lack of options going forward, once plan A struggles to break through, there’s £#%&! all behind it. Defensively we’re nowhere near as bad as painted, on the modern game your defenders will always look silly occasionally due to the pace and quality they face, what you need to do is score more and keep the opposition under pressure for more of the game to cut their opportunities down. We just haven’t got the players to do it consistently, as they’re all £#%&!ed all the time because we’ve no options or variety.

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:23 PM
Ronny

Hence my frustration with the coaching staff...

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Fat Al

“I do not worry about conceding goals because I know my forwards will double it at the other end.”

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:29 PM
tatty

Lower than 3rd but higher than 5th.

Wouldn’t want to try and predict any more exactly than that.

Unread 14-09-2020, 03:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Hence my frustration with the coaching staff...
Coaching has worked, we scored more last season than previous, problem is the same 3 or 4 players being asked to produce for all of every game. Had we been able to change the plan/freshen legs against Seville we'd have beaten them, £#%&! all of use on the bench though.

The league cup semi was lost to a mad 10 minutes first leg. Chelsea they were £#%&!ed and we didn't have the players to freshen the line up.

We needed 4-5 first team quality (or soon to be first team quality) players in the midfield and attacking areas to properly kick on. We'v got 1 so far. If we're still bringing Mata and Lingard on as first attacking changes, we may as well settle for 5th/6th now.

Unread 14-09-2020, 04:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Hard to see how we can realistically finish higher than 3rd but it's all about how close to City and Liverpool we finish
Our points total wasn't that good last season

We need to see the consistency of results that we've shown since Fernandes signed throughout a full season
this. our results were pretty good.

what we really need is:

- rashford to stay fit;
- one of de gea or henderson not to make stupid mistakes;
- maguire to work out where the £#%&! he is half the time;
- pogba to £#%&! off out of it.

the addition of dvb instead of the wayward dilettante will improve us. we just need to be consistent.

liverpool and city aren't all that.

Unread 14-09-2020, 04:17 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Don’t misunderstand me .
He needs a Carlos Queiroz figure to, at least, teach us how to defend.
Might have gone further with a consistent keeper.

Unread 14-09-2020, 04:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Might have gone further with a consistent keeper.
That too. Keep the ball at the other end, away from him ffs.

Unread 14-09-2020, 04:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's hard to say without knowing the final squad. Get a good left back, centre back and right sided attacker and 3rd should be pretty straightforward.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
with current squad we'll be battling for 4/5th.
And this.

Unread 14-09-2020, 05:30 PM
believe

Quote:
I’m entitled to an opinion, our manager was the cheap option, the coaching staff likewise, now the club look like they are unwilling to invest in him.
Time will tell....
You have to bear with dunk because your opinion, however close to the truth it might be, means nothing in comparison to his superior knowledge of all things United.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=60

Unread 14-09-2020, 05:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You have to bear with dunk because your opinion, however close to the truth it might be, means nothing in comparison to his superior knowledge of all things United.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=60
Oh £#%&!ing hell what a #@&%! you are.

Unread 14-09-2020, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Anything between 1st and 11th really. But hopefully rather closer to the former than the latter

Unread 14-09-2020, 07:20 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this. our results were pretty good.

what we really need is:

- rashford to stay fit;
- one of de gea or henderson not to make stupid mistakes;
- maguire to work out where the £#%&! he is half the time;
- pogba to £#%&! off out of it.

the addition of dvb instead of the wayward dilettante will improve us. we just need to be consistent.

liverpool and city aren't all that.
and Rashford to start playing well.

I’d start with Martial on the left and Rashford up top. He was bang average on the left since the restart.

Unread 14-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Dr Stranger

City and Liverpool will be 1 and 2.

Beyond that is really open IMO. Don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them and I really think the nature of this season (no summer break, no crowds, ridiculous scheduling) is going to throw a lot of odd results up.

Unread 14-09-2020, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
City and Liverpool will be 1 and 2.

Beyond that is really open IMO. Don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them and I really think the nature of this season (no summer break, no crowds, ridiculous scheduling) is going to throw a lot of odd results up.
Likely, but not certain.

Agree that generally this is an incredibly unpredictable campaign in prospect.

Unread 14-09-2020, 07:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Likely, but not certain.

Agree that generally this is an incredibly unpredictable campaign in prospect.
I still think Liverpool and City are a significant cut above. Especially liverpool.

More questions than answers from the chasing pack right now.

Unread 14-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Cream

Normally go all in but just not feeling it this season.

4th will do.
Closed Thread