United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:29 PM
carrick_16

Default BREAKING: Steven Gerrard to announce his retirement from international football tomorrow.

If that's true, then i can see Wayne Rooney being the new England captain.

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:31 PM
armchair

very self-indulgent if true, stevie me. I actually can't believe this is true.

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16
If that's true, then i can see Wayne Rooney being the new England captain.
Hope not, rooney should follow suit

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

he retired four years ago......

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Pop

I hope his death is announced before he leaves Brazil.

Stevie Me

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:36 PM
armchair

how could he announce it before the game? And why?

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
how could he announce it before the game? And why?
helps deflect some of the flak from Woy.....and also gives pancake the sympathy vote from the press instead of the shoeing he should be getting....you know like he got in 2004 when his backpass set up France's late winner

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Rhodzy

Has he ever had a good tournament for England? Massively underwhelming, at least Rooney had Euro 2004.

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:39 PM
tatty

He's hoping the shit storm of criticism will hit every player bar him because the press will be busy waxing about his career.

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Tronics

Fair play. No-one is really blaming him for that diabolical header in the media, so it's an interesting decision on his part

That being said he's probably just had enough

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:42 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
helps deflect some of the flak from Woy.....and also gives pancake the sympathy vote from the press instead of the shoeing he should be getting....you know like he got in 2004 when his backpass set up France's late winner
I think it would be disgracefully self-absorbed to announce your retirement during the tournament. Do it when you get home. How is it that 180 minutes ago he thought he was going to win the world cup and now after two games he wants to make it all about himself.

I honestly can't believe he'll announce during the comp. It would be outrageous.

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:43 PM
no fun

He can concentrate on helping Liverpool win the league in September now

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:43 PM
red in cumbria

Always about him, innit. Scouse @#%&!.

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I think it would be disgracefully self-absorbed to announce your retirement during the tournament. Do it when you get home. How is it that 180 minutes ago he thought he was going to win the world cup and now after two games he wants to make it all about himself.

I honestly can't believe he'll announce during the comp. It would be outrageous.
it's ALWAYS about him....Fergie nailed it (as ever) when he called Pancake out in his book said he could have signed him but he wasn't a top, top player...pretty sure he will do this before the Costa Rica game

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Always about him, innit. Scouse @#%&!.
Exactly my thoughts.

Announcing retirement before you're even on the plane home just smacks of petulance and trying to make people feel sorry for him.

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Has he ever had a good tournament for England? Massively underwhelming, at least Rooney had Euro 2004.
Yeah, Rooney's just been shit internationally since he joined United

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
it's ALWAYS about him....Fergie nailed it (as ever) when he called Pancake out in his book said he could have signed him but he wasn't a top, top player...pretty sure he will do this before the Costa Rica game
Let's see how many spanish players announce their international retirement before their last game. I predict none and the ones that do retire after this world cup just do it quietly when they get home.

I can't get over how self-obsessed the guy is. I bet he expects to play in the last game too.

Aman27deep

What a shit player.

no fun

Quote:

This

I do hope the press slaughter the @#%&! for it, maybe the Sun should do a front page entitled "the truth"

Unread 21-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly my thoughts.

Announcing retirement before you're even on the plane home just smacks of petulance and trying to make people feel sorry for him.
He'll come out tomorrow or Monday & say he had planned to announce it upon his return but due to the intense media speculation, he HAD to come out & say it was true much earlier than he had planned to.

And whichever scouse loving #@&%!-sucking journo Gerrard leaked it to will keep shtum about it.
Closed Thread