United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I can't watch sport if it isn't live.
If you're outside during the game and arrived home to watch it oblivious to anything that happened then when you watch it, to your eyes it's unfolding as if it's live.

Hypothetically if there's a big occasion happening overseas which starts 3AM UK time and I'm at work unable to watch I'd probably watch a highlights show going in blind too.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:13 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I can't watch sport if it isn't live.
Game likely started 4am or something where Guerrio is.

I used to watch all the middle of the night games live but as I got older and we got more shit, I became okay watching as live the next day in exchange for some kip

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:36 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

I used to watch all the middle of the night games live but as I got older and we got more shit, I became okay watching as live the next day in exchange for some kip
Ditto. I just can’t justify ruining my work days anymore with my moods from the games. The losses are lost too frequent to grin through work the next day on a few hours sleep.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Still pissed off about yesterday

What a massive disappointment.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:02 PM
guerreiro

Quote:

Same, I’ve taken to sometimes only watching extended highlights when we’ve been really crap as well.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Move country.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Whisper it....

[SIZE="2"]We’re shit.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Whisper it....

[SIZE="2"]We’re shit.

We've got Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea all in the next 6 games.

Season's going to be over before Halloween at this rate

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Whisper it....

[SIZE="2"]We’re shit.
Can't because jammy is bouncing from thread to thread telling us everything is fine. Like he did last year. And the year before that. And the year.......

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if only you were this right.
I am.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can't because jammy is bouncing from thread to thread telling us everything is fine. Like he did last year. And the year before that. And the year.......
You've got to admire the man's persistence

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:22 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I don’t think everything Jammy writes is wrong but at the end of the day, he’s written enough things over the years for me to conclude that he’s certified bat shit mental.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
You obviously can’t read.

Quote:
I don’t think everything Jammy writes is wrong but at the end of the day, he’s written enough things over the years for me to conclude that he’s certified bat shit mental.
Examples? Cheers.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Still pissed off about yesterday

What a massive disappointment.
Left a really bitter aftertaste. Was a disappointment from the moment the team was announced, and we played like absolute turgid shite. Pogba needs to go, Lindelof needs to transition into the fairy he is and Woodward needs to pull his f***ing finger out and start investing.

Part of me thought that Ole was making a point by putting such a shite team out, but then I realised that’s just indicative of our depth.

No excuses for yesterday. First game of the league - to start like that is embarrassing.

Edit: how many times has it been said we need to buy some kind of defensive midfielder? We have no idea at all. Expectations for this season = none.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
I know, he’s like a £#%&!ing mutant cicada; spawns at the start of every season, £#%&!s everyone off with his incessant, turbo-quoting noise, then back into hibernation after the cup final. Now that Throb’s retired he’s the shittiest user on here by a mile. Didn’t even spell his own name right . @#%&!.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Whisper it....

[SIZE="2"]We’re shit.
Meh United

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Examples? Cheers.
£#%&!ing hell, now there’s a project. Do you want them in chronological order? Ok, let’s start with “Hello, my name is Jammy Dodger.”

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Left a really bitter aftertaste. Was a disappointment from the moment the team was announced, and we played like absolute turgid shite. Pogba needs to go, Lindelof needs to transition into the fairy he is and Woodward needs to pull his £#%&!ing finger out and start investing.

Part of me thought that Ole was making a point by putting such a shite team out, but then I realised that’s just indicative of our depth.

No excuses for yesterday. First game of the league - to start like that is embarrassing.

Edit: how many times has it been said we need to buy some kind of defensive midfielder? We have no idea at all. Expectations for this season = none.
Yep. Can't argue with any of that.

Unread 20-09-2020, 02:49 PM
jem

the team did not look as bad on paper as it played. sure, james is shit, but.... even allowing for the fact that palace did exactly what you'd expect them to do at old trafford (even if you could just remember what they did at old trafford)... . those same players should have been able to do better. obvs, pogba/mctog was questionable and the balance of the team is wrong - we can't afford not to play a recognisable midfield and to have so many attacking players who offer nothing to help the defence (including having two of the defence playing as attacking players). that's on ole, but... even so... the players didn't play well. if matic wasn't available, we know we have not much in midfield. we cannot expect fernandes to make it all work every £#%&!ing week.

Unread 20-09-2020, 02:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the team did not look as bad on paper as it played. sure, james is shit, but.... even allowing for the fact that palace did exactly what you'd expect them to do at old trafford (even if you could just remember what they did at old trafford)... . those same players should have been able to do better. obvs, pogba/mctog was questionable and the balance of the team is wrong - we can't afford not to play a recognisable midfield and to have so many attacking players who offer nothing to help the defence (including having two of the defence playing as attacking players). that's on ole, but... even so... the players didn't play well. if matic wasn't available, we know we have not much in midfield. we cannot expect fernandes to make it all work every £#%&!ing week.
What a shambles that we still need an aging Matic to appear remotely competent in the midfield and defence.