United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:17 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Even the PL? I didn't know that..
Just double checked & it's only between PL & EFL clubs, not PL to PL. So limited but it is technically extended from the 5th until the 16th Oct.

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Plenty of loan deals available this summer to rush through in the last week if sancho falls through. Also supposed to have at least one alternative winger lined up to buy.

Will be a shitload of deals done in the last week of the window. Probably when we’ll get rid of most of our unwanted players too, especially when clubs start panicking after a shit start. Clubs will give up trying to get precovid money and settle for whatever they can get.
Woody couldn’t have said it better himself.

Unread 16-09-2020, 02:37 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Putting in a transfer request is doing Dortmund a favour.
but he won't put in a formal transfer request so it just really comes down to Dortmund and Woodward....will either one blink?

Unread 16-09-2020, 02:44 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
but he won't put in a formal transfer request so it just really comes down to Dortmund and Woodward....will either one blink?

Unread 16-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Patty_b

Woodward? £#%&!ing hell, he's a Blinky Ben if there ever was one

Either way, I wish he'd blinkin' well wrap it up asap, or at least sort something else out.

Although got the feeling we're done for transfers for the time being.

Unread 16-09-2020, 03:16 PM
goldfinger II

Woodward's reputation is now part of the problem in these scenarios. Clubs must be thinking "let's squeeze the £#%&! out of this guy."

How many transfers can we afford to walk away from before other clubs start to take him seriously when he says "no?"

Another reason, if one were needed, why he and his team should be nowhere near the football side of the club.

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Woody couldn’t have said it better himself.
Is he one for profanities?

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Anything?

No?

If by some miracle we do get him, wonder how many points we'll be off the top.

Already 6 less than 24 hours after playing our first match.

We were level with last year's champions for the first weekend and then behind them for every single matchday after that for the rest of the season. Wouldn't surprise me if we literally do not get level with them at any point this season.

Unread 20-09-2020, 02:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Anything?

No?

We were level with last year's champions for the first weekend and then behind them for every single matchday after that for the rest of the season. Wouldn't surprise me if we literally do not get level with them at any point this season.
Game in hand.

Unread 20-09-2020, 02:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Anything?

No?

Dunno mate. Maybe you can just make up a number to add to the hysterics.

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Dunno mate. Maybe you can just make up a number to add to the hysterics.
Nothing hysterical about it, mate. Just some simple, depressing stats. They need no embellishment.

Unread 21-09-2020, 06:54 PM
dunk

Offer than milk left outside in the sun for 6 months with the lid off.

Unread 21-09-2020, 06:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...942813699?s=21

Offer than milk left outside in the sun for 6 months with the lid off.
We're making a statement.

Except if bayern want him then Karl will drive him there himself and wrap him in a bow.

Unread 21-09-2020, 07:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Right then onto the alternatives then, Ed. What ya got, mate?

Because make no mistake, when you sack Ole it's gonna cost you a hell of a lot more than the pissy few million you're trying to save on this deal, on Chris Smalling etc.

We talk a big game and we behave like what we are - a club floating around 3rd to 6th. Which is where we'll be again this season, no matter who is in charge.

We will never be successful again as long as him and the owners are here.

Unread 21-09-2020, 07:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're making a statement.

Except if bayern want him then Karl will drive him there himself and wrap him in a bow.
Feels like United are European Football’s punching bag in the transfer market atm.

Villa drop £20m on Arsenal’s goalkeeper who’s been second choice or worse for his entire career but £8m for Argentina’s World Cup final goalkeeper is too much Roma will happily drop €20m+ on an unknown Albanian CB or whatever, but €20m for their defender of the season is too much.. and on and on.. we need some £#%&!er with a backbone and some respect in the game in charge of the footballing side on the board OT desperately.

Unread 21-09-2020, 07:04 PM
armchair

I'm sick of these marquee signing attempts when we have far more pressing issues.

Unread 21-09-2020, 07:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'm sick of these marquee signing attempts when we have far more pressing issues.
Yep. Said similar when we were after Pogba, Lukaku and whoever else we’ve been linked with for daft money. It can be better spent with a bit of thought and effort.

Unread 21-09-2020, 07:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
At the very least we should have the smarts to determine much earlier if it’s likely to get done or not.

Unread 21-09-2020, 08:58 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
What date does the window () close?
Quote:
5th or 6th October
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Great another 3 weeks of this!
Only 2 more league games before then thank f***. Although why wait for 3 games when you can hang on til January and really f*** your season up

Another badly timed international break will assist in our awful stop start to the season I am sure.

Unread 21-09-2020, 09:14 PM
Cream

Quote:
I think we’ve gone from ‘extra funds for a marquee signing’ to ‘only funds for a marquee signing’.

They bring money back in.

Lucky we got van der valk.
Closed Thread