United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: United: Where will we finish ?
1st 6 9.38%
2nd 9 14.06%
3rd 19 29.69%
4th 16 25.00%
5th 9 14.06%
6th 0 0%
Lower 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:13 PM
ScarFace

Question United: Where will we finish ?

Can see us getting 4th or starting so badly Ole is sacked in December.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Red Santos

i'll be optimistic and say 3rd

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
i'll be optimistic and say 3rd
I concur.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:24 PM
dunk

Difficult to say tbh, depends whether or not anyone else comes in. IF we don't buy any more forwards, it's going to be a tough ask to do better than 4th imo, and a struggle getting that.

Need to give serious thought to £#%&!ing the cup competitions off as a priority this year, given the nature of the schedule and our fragile number of first team quality players.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:26 PM
atticusgrinch

It's hard to say without knowing the final squad. Get a good left back, centre back and right sided attacker and 3rd should be pretty straightforward.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Sparky***

with current squad we'll be battling for 4/5th.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:30 PM
believe

3rd all day. We nowhere near good enough to gain the 20 or so points back that we'd need over a season to compete with either City or Liverpool and we're not that shit that we'll not get 70 odd points to finish above the rest of the tripe that makes up the league.

It's going to be really fun. Like i said in the Villa match thread I'd be all up for that format. Play the game but don't televise until six hours later. Leak the result on here just before "KO" and if we've won watch it and if not carry on with your day as normal.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Difficult to say tbh, depends whether or not anyone else comes in. IF we don't buy any more forwards, it's going to be a tough ask to do better than 4th imo, and a struggle getting that.

Need to give serious thought to £#%&!ing the cup competitions off as a priority this year, given the nature of the schedule and our fragile number of first team quality players.
Play NO 1st team players in the League Cup. Even if they manage to get to the final.
CL group games will depend on who we draw & how we do ofc, but hopefully the option to rest players too should be there.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Buck

3rd.

But not distant from the top.

Think for the first time in a while we might have a three-way challenge for the title.

Unread 14-09-2020, 12:36 PM
Patty_b

5th

Need a couple more players which it doesn't look like we're going to get, and we'll not be able to rest first team players in Champions League games like we did in the Europa last season. Tired long season ahead.

Unread 14-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Mr_Ed

Fourth all day long... battling Arsenal for it.

Unread 14-09-2020, 01:45 PM
jem

if we buy a couple of defensive midfielders (or if ole is prepared to throw tfm in), I will revise my 4th projection.

Unread 14-09-2020, 01:57 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
5th

Need a couple more players which it doesn't look like we're going to get, and we'll not be able to rest first team players in Champions League games like we did in the Europa last season. Tired long season ahead.
Yeah that's the key for me. Ole can't persist with a clear first XI/second XI.

He'll need to find a way to, say, rest 4 on Wednesday and 4 on Saturday and win both games.

We still need a full back, and a couple of forwards. Hopefully reguillon, Sancho and one other. One of the big European clubs must need a keeper and be willing to do a loan swap of Romero for a spare forward.

Unread 14-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Baron

As a squad we are incapable of going on anything approaching a title challenge unless we're to add 4 more players of quality at least. The issue is stark, we don't score enough & we cannot expect to get the volume of penalties we did last season to paper over some of those cracks.

Having a midfield that contains Bruno, Donny & Pogba is genuinely exciting though.

I'd say 4th right now, if we get Sancho & keep most of the best XI fit we'd be 3rd if we play well.

Unread 14-09-2020, 02:00 PM
Ronny

The coaching team are too inexperienced, although it’s the cheapest way to strengthen still we trust Carrick and McKenna.
The team overachieved last time, that was peak Solskjaer.
Without additions the team will not compete for top four...
Expect to be shown up in Europe a few times to.

Unread 14-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Gonna go put my neck on the line and say between 3rd and 10th.

Unread 14-09-2020, 02:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
The coaching team are too inexperienced, although it’s the cheapest way to strengthen still we trust Carrick and McKenna.
The team overachieved last time, that was peak Solskjaer.
Without additions the team will not compete for top four...
Expect to be shown up in Europe a few times to.
Pleb indeed..

Unread 14-09-2020, 02:08 PM
jem

we don't need a fullback anywhere near as much as we need winger so that the fullbacks can concentrate on defending. especially on the right. and a defensive midfielder or two would mean the cbs are less exposed.

Unread 14-09-2020, 02:09 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pleb indeed..
I’m entitled to an opinion, our manager was the cheap option, the coaching staff likewise, now the club look like they are unwilling to invest in him.
Time will tell....

Unread 14-09-2020, 02:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
I’m entitled to an opinion, our manager was the cheap option, the coaching staff likewise, now the club look like they are unwilling to invest in him.
Time will tell....
You, like many others, are being hugely disrespectful to Ole tbph.

I'm amazed he got that squad to 3rd and 3 semi finals, amazed.
Closed Thread