United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:03 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Jesus.

Something about the managers not being backed though etc
It’s beyond the just throwing money. Managers been given players they don’t want (Fred , VDB) to name a few

Hiring a pillock in charge who constantly makes the wrong choice of manager. Managers not getting their targets when they wanted. Not having a proper recruitment team ( think LVGS scouts are still there)

Not investing in the stadium one £#%&!ing bit. Not improving the training grounds one £#%&!ing bit.

Signing Sancho a year later than intended. The shit show first window with moyes. Offering huge contracts on players that shouldn’t be here . It all stems from ownership .

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:05 AM
goonlooca

It's because we've tempted them to Utd by the cash, not because they wanted to play for us.
We're left with millionaires who don't care.

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The 4 or 5 occasions his kicking put us in trouble.
desperate stuff.

from you, for clarity.

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:10 AM
armchair

one for dunk

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:13 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
It's because we've tempted them to Utd by the cash, not because they wanted to play for us.
We're left with millionaires who don't care.
Dw thanks to the incredible recruitment and foresight by our fantastic owners ( because they pump money into the club according to some) this summer we have

Cavani, matic , mata , pogba , lingard all leaving on a Free transfer ( now they should have £#%&!ed off a long time ago and their replacements should already be here)

Add ronaldo leaving because of champions league. That’s 6 players who are definitely leaving.

Then there is , martial, VDB, Bailey, Jones , Henderson, another 2 out of that 5 will definitely be leaving .

8 players leaving for sure. United £#%&! up a transfer window when there is no real pressure.

It’s about to get a lot worse ../ a hell of a lot worse. We will go in next season with one new striker rashford and martial (if he doesn’t leave)

We will go in next season with mcfred and one new CM ( if they’re lucky)

All of this , is underlined by the fact they have no manager either. It’s about to get a lot worse . £#%&! the glazers and Ed Woodward and Richard Arnold . They’ve destroyed what once was a fantastic footballing institute . They are now just a marketing company with a football team on the side which is a shell of what it once was.

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:16 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ignore the tit. Blaming the manager but £#%&!s over pogba for 5 years. At the very least on a positive atleast he is £#%&!ing off in the summer
I’m blaming the manager because he doesn’t know what he is doing .

he has kept fletcher around who is a link to the worst managerial regime this club has ever seen.

he constantly picks the wrong team, then when chasing a game changes to a suicidal formations with an even more ridiculous line up.

should have known when we handed the job to a man who hasn’t managed in about 5 years

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:19 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Was this before KO or HT? Either way it’s a bit shit. Nice of him to come out post match with his driven attitude. Horse has bolted Dave £#%&!ing #@&%!

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
desperate stuff.

from you, for clarity.
From you, for accuracy. The bloke is a joke.

Quote:
Deep into the 94th minute at Old Trafford, Manchester United swarmed forward for one last attack. As the famous red shirts massed ominously in the penalty area, the Stretford End rose as one, shouted as one, dreamed in vivid noise and colour of a classic United comeback. Meanwhile, surging forward with the ball at his feet, the messenger at the gates of glory, was Nemanja Matic.

Well, Matic carried on running. Slowed. Slowed a little more. Took a look up. Panicked. Remembered that he still had a football at his feet. Spotted Marcus Rashford on the right wing: the simplest and least threatening ball, but the only one that would not require him to stop, turn, swivel or twist. The moment passed, and a good deal more quickly than Matic.
Quote:
And here again we come to the crux. Strip away the hubris and the history, the money spent and the words expended, and is this United side really any better than – say – Ajax or Napoli or Marseille? Perhaps we need to stop thinking of United as profligate underachievers. This is where they are: a second-rank side, an also-ran, a makeweight. Well tried, lads. Better luck next year.
Savage in it’s accuracy.

We’re £#%&!ed for a long, long time

Unread 16-03-2022, 02:30 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Big European knockout game at Old Trafford, and here you are hammering a homegrown youth player.

If ever there was an opinion that personified not understanding the club, it's this.

You couldn't 'get' United less if you tried.
I thought I’d come back to this post.

ironic that it’s actually me that gets what United should be and you are still in a deluded state where you make everything about what United “WAS”

It’s fans like you disregarding merit because a player is United homegrown.
United should be about homegrown players that are of the required standard needed to elevate the club not just being homegrown.

this is why of our rivals young players are significantly better than ours
Liverpool ( Trent , elliot,)
City ( foden)
Chelsea (mount, james )
Arsenal (saka , smith-Rowe)
they bring through players good enough to play for them not because they academy products.
they’ve had their The Scottish Player standard of players come through but they ship them out while some of your force yourself to accept sub standard players because they are from the academy.

how ironic that We are about homegrown players but none of ours would get in our rivals matchday squads but every player i named above would start for us.
rashford was hailed and overrated for as long as possible and now when the hoodwinking can’t carry on it’s onto the next one who happens to be the worst youth product we have had since janujaz.

I’m hammering elanga because he is shit. would a team in the premiership even buy him? I don’t think he’d start for any club in the league ?
If he went to city tomorrow would we be gutted we let a future superstar go?

this is what keeps happening.

The Scottish Player has no business here either..

we had one golden boy but for legal reasons i can’t talk about him

Unread 16-03-2022, 03:31 AM
shenwen

Great first half, sucker punched on the break.

But second half as they sat back, once again we had no idea how to break their lines.

We desperately need a striker.

(And every other position).

Unread 16-03-2022, 04:05 AM
Denis Irwell

The acceptance of ddg not coming out to that cross is indicative of where we are now

Not our biggest problem but definitely one of them

I know he’s a shithouse but he could’ve cut that out with minimal/no contact

Unread 16-03-2022, 04:06 AM
redhegemony

Just got home and the birds are chirping- which is a highlight.

Unread 16-03-2022, 04:20 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The acceptance of ddg not coming out to that cross is indicative of where we are now

Not our biggest problem but definitely one of them

I know he’s a shithouse but he could’ve cut that out with minimal/no contact
seriously... just no. there are crosses or through balls he could/should come for, but that wasn't one of them. it seems that whoever we play at right back is going to get dragged into the middle, though. where the £#%&! was maguire?

Unread 16-03-2022, 04:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
seriously... just no. there are crosses or through balls he could/should come for, but that wasn't one of them. it seems that whoever we play at right back is going to get dragged into the middle, though. where the £#%&! was maguire?
God forbid that a keeper should come to the edge of his 6 yard box to collect or even punch a routine cross.

It happens at lb too, mate but you just have a penchant for tubby blondes.

Unread 16-03-2022, 04:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
It happens at lb too, mate but you just have a penchant for tubby blondes.
crikey. um.... you'll have to excuse me for a moment....... just thought of something I need to do.

(and, yes, it does happen at lb sometimes. usually for the same reason.)

Unread 16-03-2022, 05:04 AM
Patty_b

There's no way in a million years that any keeper would be coming off his line to try and claim the cross that resulted in their goal. And I say that as someone who thinks that De Gea's reluctance to come off his line is one of the reasons we should be moving him on from the club.

What he should rightly get stick for is the fact that the goal went in at his near post, and not even close to his near post, it was about half a yard inside his near post. And it wasn't exactly an unstoppable bullet header either. Awful positioning and should have been a fairly routine save.

As for the rest of the game, nothing we didn't already know. Maguire headbutting Ronaldo from our own corner was quite a fitting metaphor for the state of the club over the past 10 years.

Unread 16-03-2022, 05:15 AM
Denis Irwell

No 1 gk rule: keeper should command his 6 yard box. He could’ve cut that cross out, cleanly, before it got to their man and the other issue wouldn’t have been an issue. Some have become reconditioned into believing it is the norm to stand rooted to the line.

Unread 16-03-2022, 05:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Denis and patty are both right, a striker at the back post with a looped cross should NEVER have the chance to head it ......he should be rushed by the keeper at full pelt ..

But if you're going to be a massive @#%&! you should NEVER be beat so easily inside your near post ...

He really is a pathetic mess of a keeper if the shot isn't straight at him or he can Hollywood dive a 30 yarder...

Massive goth.

Unread 16-03-2022, 05:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Denis and patty are both right, a striker at the back post with a looped cross should NEVER have the chance to head it ......he should be rushed by the keeper at full pelt ..

But if you're going to be a massive @#%&! you should NEVER be beat so easily inside your near post ...

He really is a pathetic mess of a keeper if the shot isn't straight at him or he can Hollywood dive a 30 yarder...

Massive goth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Massive goth.
Bosnich made that very point.if you’re not going to (be a £#%&!ing coward) come off your line for that ball, he should at least cover his near post, which was their man’s obvious target.

Anyway, all detail, innit? There’s a thousand things wrong with the club and i think a lot of us will find better things to do until there are signs of anyone being collectively arsed to sort this lot out. If the players can’t get motivated enough with something to play for, I’m £#%&!ed if I’ll be watching us dither about vs Leicester with 5/6th place the reward.

Edit: so good i quoted twice

Unread 16-03-2022, 06:41 AM
shenwen

Rashford's entire game now seems to be receiving the ball standing still, shake his leg over the ball a few times and then kick it at the defender.