United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2023, 05:29 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Inevitable now. Be interesting to see how fast they move on implementing change and what kind of profile they adopt as owners.

Unread 06-03-2023, 08:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Inevitable now. Be interesting to see how fast they move on implementing change and what kind of profile they adopt as owners.
Ones that will back the manager properly.

Unread 06-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Ones that want to make a really good football team hopefully

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Hyman_Roth

Ah goody, we get dicked by a proper club, one that hasn’t relied on cheating to become successful and within minutes, we’re like ‘inject that oil into my veins to make the pain stop.’

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:12 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Ah goody, we get dicked by a proper club, one that hasn’t relied on cheating to become successful and within minutes, we’re like ‘inject that oil into my veins to make the pain stop.’
The club should be shining brightly, not dimmed by the shame of mediocrity.

Come on, lets me and you sing it together...

"Give me oil in my lamp..."

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:29 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
If we don’t have it that ‘proper club’ will have them, nailed on.

If they just clear our debt there’ll be no FFP issues as the club will generate its own funds for every window like it did as a PLC

Edit: The Glazers £#%&!ing debt

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:38 PM
avocado

Quote:
Cheating? Asthma tablets?

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
That proper club would kill for Qatari owners.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:47 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Yes, but they’d ensure someone else gets the blame.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Where there's a wall, there's a way.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Where there's a wall, there's a way.
Blimey

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
YSB

£#%&! the asthmatic inhaler using £#%&!ers. They're no beacon of innocence.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
YSB

£#%&! the asthmatic inhaler using £#%&!ers. They're no beacon of innocence.
There is absolutely no equivalence between some alleged inhalers and a club who’s modern incarnation is built on a concerted campaign of cheating, obfuscation against all authorities and buying supine media commentators for over a decade.

Liverpool are a proper club, it’s why their success hurts more and why we measure ourselves against them. They also reached the pinnacle of football without the help of a sovereign wealth fund.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:16 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
There is absolutely no equivalence between some alleged inhalers and a club who’s modern incarnation is built on a concerted campaign of cheating, obfuscation against all authorities and buying supine media commentators for over a decade.

Liverpool are a proper club, it’s why their success hurts more and why we measure ourselves against them. They also reached the pinnacle of football without the help of a sovereign wealth fund.
He never mentioned buying supine media commentators or obfuscation against all authorities. He said cheating.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Alright, Ringo. Rein it in.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He never mentioned buying supine media commentators or obfuscation against all authorities. He said cheating.
He didn’t mention it because he doesn’t need to, for one thing having a squad full of asthmatics isn’t illegal. What city have done has destroyed the integrity of the game itself as well as of course being against the rules and probably breaking tax laws somewhere too.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:29 PM
avocado

Quote:

I was taking that in for a moment before I spotted the (deliberate) grocers’ apostrophe

Quote:
He didn’t mention it because he doesn’t need to, for one thing having a squad full of asthmatics isn’t illegal. What city have done has destroyed the integrity of the game itself as well as of course being against the rules and probably breaking tax laws somewhere too.
So you were being serious? Suspect claiming your squad is full of asthmatics when it is not does qualify as cheating. And who measures us against the vermin? The only ones we should measure ourselves against should be our forefathers

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado

So you were being serious? Suspect claiming your squad is full of asthmatics when it is not does qualify as cheating. And who measures us against the vermin? The only ones we should measure ourselves against should be our forefathers
Feel free to post these claims or any supporting evidence

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:47 PM
avocado

Quote:
Feel free to post these claims or any supporting evidence
There’s plenty out there if you look. Typical rates are around 28% amongst elite athletes for exercise induced asthma. At Liverpool it is said to be 63%.

But again - who amongst us measures ourselves against them? Presume you have never had the pleasure of walking through Stanley Park when the blades are glinting in the sun.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:51 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
There’s plenty out there if you look. Typical rates are around 28% amongst elite athletes for exercise induced asthma. At Liverpool it is said to be 63%.

But again - who amongst us measures ourselves against them? Presume you have never had the pleasure of walking through Stanley Park when the blades are glinting in the sun.
Been through Stanley Park plenty of times, maybe didn't phrase the comparing ourselves bit correctly but they are our peers.

If there's plenty out there you shouldn't have a problem linking any of it? I've not seen Liverpool claiming their squad is full of asthmatics nor have I seen anything other than one bloke claiming they have high asthma rates. Do you have anything more concrete than that?
Closed Thread