United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In order for us to settle, our last 2 games were Chelsea and Arsenal. We conceded 1 goal, a penalty. Fair to say we were settling, but uninspired?

Wednesday deffo an aberration, no more so than @#%&!ting Leipzig 5-0 though.

We’re still 2-3 weeks behind the rest, so are City.

Agreed about the form, difficult to judge the team from project re-start () onwards though, imo.

The relentless swirling negativity and constant negative coverage is something else ramping up the pressure that the rest just don’t have to deal with.
I don’t think Wednesday was an aberration. It was a very typical performance from this team, whenever they start to show a bit of form. Spurs was meant to be a ‘one off’ too.

This team has far too many ‘off days’ , ‘small margins’ , ‘that’s football’ moments. They’re truisms, but they’re usually wheeled out to mask inconsistency.

I’m not on board with this ‘behind the rest’ either. We are well into the season now, have shown form - which we seemed happy to partly attribute to finally getting up to speed - so I don’t think it’s fair to bring that one back as soon as we’re out of form again. Let’s face it, we’re showing the same patches of form we always have.

I do agree about the negativity. Everything is catastrophised ten fold when it involves us, but we know that. Ole knows that. He mentioned it today and he mentioned that it comes with the territory of playing for the club.

There’s truth and fairness in everything you’ve said, but the longer we display the same alarming dips in form and a lack of consistent progress, the harder it will be to explain it all away.

Tomorrow feels like a huge game for him and us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
OK so we agree on the main point.

Your second point is wrong as that's not the point i'm trying to make. Obviously you can't take everything that's said in a press conference to be either true or not (how many times have we been told a player isn't fit only for him to play in the match) but the way he was today drains any confidence and even if he's lying through his ar*e he can't be like that and expect to suceed.
Ok, then maybe we have our wires crossed a little here then.

My broader point is that 99% of press conferences are boring, obligations that give little to no insight into anything of substance. Basically, I don’t care about them.

If we were on form and he had the same energy, he’d probably be described as looking relaxed.

Unread 06-11-2020, 08:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We are nine games into the season, how long are you going to drag this excuse out for. It is piss poor.

And anyone complaining about pressure at Manchester United, should just walk out of the door right now and never return to Old Trafford.
If the last 2 years have provided nothing else, we'll always have dunk's comedy excuses to fondly look back on.

Unread 06-11-2020, 08:19 PM
dunk

You don’t have to buy it, the evidence is plain to see.

Long rest, came back and put in a good performance, a second good performance, weren’t bad v Chelsea, worked their arses off v Leipzig, looked well off the pace vs. Arsenal. That’s 4 £#%&!ing hard games in 14 days? With an undercooked first team squad. I’m not surprised they look miles away from top form and sharpness, the glimpses were encouraging, the rest £#%&!ing frustrating, for us and the players/staff no doubt..

The first goal Wednesday is still inexplicable and disgusting though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We are nine games into the season, how long are you going to drag this excuse out for. It is piss poor.

And anyone complaining about pressure at Manchester United, should just walk out of the door right now and never return to Old Trafford.
Same thing is happening at City pal, they’ve just had a marginally easier run of fixtures.

Unread 06-11-2020, 08:21 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
If the last 2 years have provided nothing else, we'll always have dunk's comedy excuses to fondly look back on.
Tbf, think he may have still be going on about pre-season in April one season. So it is a long road ahead.

Unread 06-11-2020, 08:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You don’t have to buy it, the evidence is plain to see.

Long rest, came back and put in a good performance, a second good performance, weren’t bad v Chelsea, worked their arses off v Leipzig, looked well off the pace vs. Arsenal. That’s 4 £#%&!ing hard games in 14 days? With an undercooked first team squad. I’m not surprised they look miles away from top form and sharpness, the glimpses were encouraging, the rest £#%&!ing frustrating, for us and the players/staff no doubt..

The first goal Wednesday is still inexplicable and disgusting though..
I guess it boils down to if you think the circumstances are responsible for what we see, or the players and staff are. Or a combination of both.

I’m ‘20% circumstances 80% us’ on that one and the longer the season goes on and the more we see the same thing we’ve seen for two years, the smaller that first side gets.

The goal on Wednesday was bizarre, the reasons it happened are all too common.

Unread 06-11-2020, 09:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No, I mean that plan can only be recognised on the pitch. Not in a press conference. You seem to working on the assumption that what is said in the press conference is exactly what is happening behind the scenes. It isn’t.
Well, if we get some signs of that we will all be a lot happier I am sure.

Though of course I agree that press conferences are pretty pointless and not much should be read into them at the best of times.

Unread 06-11-2020, 09:36 PM
ScarFace

I wonder if there was any part of the presser kept back for saturday papers.

Unread 06-11-2020, 10:15 PM
utd99

He should stick this in for the next one, see if they notice.

Whirrrrrr “trained well.....great bunch of lads......that’s football.....small margins....pre season.......fans.....fans....faaaannnnnnns”

Unread 06-11-2020, 10:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I wonder if there was any part of the presser kept back for saturday papers.
The bit where he says it’s untenable.

Unread 07-11-2020, 04:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Dunk stop being so objective - get aboard the hysteria train where Ole is sacked Poch is his replacement and all our woes are magically fixed in one fell swoop
Because that’s what everybody’s saying will happen if Pochettino is appointed

Unread 07-11-2020, 04:55 AM
rubbernecker

Looking forward to a Utd win and the doom fairy Poch is the cure to cancer gang have to collectively chew their own fraenum until the next bad result

Unread 07-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Greenwood out according to M.E.N.

Unread 07-11-2020, 10:11 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Looking forward to a Utd draw and the people who want a proper manager in charge having to sadly wait until the next string of bad results after the worse start to a season in forever
Corrected it for you.

Unread 07-11-2020, 10:47 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Corrected it for you.

Unread 07-11-2020, 11:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
That would explain Pellistri being withdrawn from the U23’s, if that was true.

Also highlights how woefully understaffed we are in attacking positions

Unread 07-11-2020, 11:19 AM
ScarFace

Unread 07-11-2020, 11:20 AM
redhegemony

United 4-0 4-1. Keep the faith

Unread 07-11-2020, 11:38 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Unread 07-11-2020, 11:40 AM
dunk

Didn’t Greenwood limp off after being cleared out on the byline moments before being subbed on Wednesday?

Unread 07-11-2020, 11:46 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I feel a new movement coming on.

#BonsaiReds

Fergie is Mr Miyagi. Ole is Daniel. Mourinho is Kreese. Duncan Castles is Terry Silver.
Closed Thread