United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 25-05-2023, 04:00 PM
westcoastvan
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
Stinks of a team Ratcliffe/Glazer signing.
Yes, it has me really worried. Mason Mount has the stink of Glazer mediocrity all over it.

I think if the club beats Chelsea, we'll hear that Sir Jim won the bid by tomorrow.
 
Unread 25-05-2023, 09:00 PM
browser
 
Default

Think heís a good player. We need to replace Fred, McTominay and Donny with quality. Heís a good age, sounds like a good price, prem proven and heís performed well on the big stage.
 
Unread 25-05-2023, 10:34 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

 
Unread 25-05-2023, 10:35 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Keep this tramp out of this team ffs
 
Unread 25-05-2023, 10:44 PM
Baron
 
Default

For £20m sure, but Chelsea want £60m+ itís a ludicrous option. Loan and get him off their books would be a smart deal at best. I donít really like him as a starter, but heís got attributes that are like a good DvB. If we can trade them out then why not.

A big money spend would be bonkers though.
 
Unread 25-05-2023, 11:46 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Keep this tramp out of this team ffs
Did he play ?
 
Unread 26-05-2023, 07:11 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

If he's worth £55m with 13 months left on his contract then this transfer window is going to interesting, especially with Newcastle firmly in the dope squad.

But willing to give him a go if he joins.
 
Unread 26-05-2023, 11:17 AM
Neo
 
Thumbs down

Lingard with a bigger nose.

No thanks.



 
Unread 26-05-2023, 11:59 AM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Did he play ?
Heís so anonymous itís impossible to tell.
 
Unread 26-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Lingard with a bigger nose.

No thanks.



Cancel it.

Masoff Mounít
 
Unread 26-05-2023, 09:30 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

 
Unread 26-05-2023, 09:46 PM
dunk
 
Default

Did we learn nothing from Mata and Matic? No more overpriced Chelsea cast-offs ffs.
 
Unread 26-05-2023, 11:29 PM
History
 
Default

Don't really rate him, and maybe my mind has been warped by football inflation since Neymar to PSG

55 million for a fairly young English international midfielder, also a champions league winner...doesn't actually sound like the worst value tbh

I'd be more tempted to trust Eth on this one.

Don't see Chelsea selling though, they probably need him to prop up the homegrown numbers
 
Unread 27-05-2023, 12:06 AM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Don't really rate him, and maybe my mind has been warped by football inflation since Neymar to PSG

55 million for a fairly young English international midfielder, also a champions league winner...doesn't actually sound like the worst value tbh

I'd be more tempted to trust Eth on this one.

Don't see Chelsea selling though, they probably need him to prop up the homegrown numbers
They actually need to sell homegrown players for FFP because on the balance sheet they go down as pure profit as they cost nothing
 
Unread 27-05-2023, 09:25 AM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
They actually need to sell homegrown players for FFP because on the balance sheet they go down as pure profit as they cost nothing
If thatís the case, go all in for Reece james.
 
Unread 27-05-2023, 09:27 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Not as bad as many on here are making out. Depends on what the fee / budget is really.
 
Unread 27-05-2023, 09:31 AM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
Not as bad as many on here are making out. Depends on what the fee is really.
Itís been said heís a number 10. I think if he was the final signing or one of the last ones after the striker , CM or CB there would be more acceptance of him.

We have a limited budget, need to focus on the high priority positions before we spend on others.

Especially if heís costing 40-55 million. Offer them martial for a straight swap and claim heís a good striker. Their owner is clueless
 
Unread 27-05-2023, 09:34 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Itís been said heís a number 10. I think if he was the final signing or one of the last ones after the striker , CM or CB there would be more acceptance of him.

We have a limited budget, need to focus on the high priority positions before we spend on others.

Especially if heís costing 40-55 million. Offer them martial for a straight swap and claim heís a good striker. Their owner is clueless
Goes without saying there are higher priority signings.
 
Unread 27-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
Goes without saying there are higher priority signings.
Personally I donít want him. I think for the price quoted and from what Iíve seen of him he just doesnít make sense. Much rather take a punt on a younger gem from Ajax than him.

That Xavi Simmons from PSV 17 goals in 33 games looks decent.
 
Unread 27-05-2023, 09:39 AM
silv
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Personally I donít want him. I think for the price quoted and from what Iíve seen of him he just doesnít make sense. Much rather take a punt on a younger gem from Ajax than him.
no more ajax punts for the minute thanks
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Mason Mount
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mason Mount 'appreciated' by Manchester United hierarchy and more transfer rumours fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 27-02-2023 09:20 AM
Mason Mount Sloppy Football 17 02-06-2022 02:04 PM
Man United boss Erik ten Hag 'is keeping an eye on Mason Mount's Chelsea deal situation fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 31-05-2022 04:20 PM
Mason Mount enters this weeks Premier League POWER RANKINGS fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 25-10-2021 08:20 PM
Mason Mount makes Chelsea tick just like Luka Modric does for Real Madrid fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 27-04-2021 10:20 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.