United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2022, 05:57 AM
westcoastvan

Personally I would like United to bring in a top young center back to play alongside Varane, as opposed to having either Maguire or Lindelof in the starting 11.

The previous manager did run him into the ground though. I think he played virtually every game in and tournament in the 2019/20 season.

Small wonder he picked up knocks and injuries last year.

Unread 25-01-2022, 07:23 AM
My Name is Heath

I think he is top 6 defender in a back 3 or with 2 zesty CDMs like when he plays for England.

We don’t even have 1 ZCDM

play him behind Lindelof and in a back 3 with a speed merchant plus Varane and he will belt out a tune for us.

Appropriate the man with a Giant Swede is reliant upon a Giant Swede

So basically we have to build our team around the Slytherin Slug, the least likeable Easter Island International we have had.

Unread 25-01-2022, 08:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Personally I would like United to bring in a top young center back to play alongside Varane, as opposed to having either Maguire or Lindelof in the starting 11.

The previous manager did run him into the ground though. I think he played virtually every game in and tournament in the 2019/20 season.

Small wonder he picked up knocks and injuries last year.
Very good point.

He was an ever present and very rarely missed games while helping us to one of the best defensive records in Europe during that time.

I can see him at playing well into his 30’s because he doesn’t rely on speed like most CB’s, He uses his substantial sized brain to get him through games Instead.

By the time he finishes with us I think he’ll be remembered as one of the greats.

Unread 25-01-2022, 08:55 AM
NedKelly

And then you woke up and laughed at the absurdity of what you’d just dreamed.

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:00 PM
AK14

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yes, exactly like that.

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yes, exactly like that.
Any dream involving big Hazza Mags would be a beautiful dream pal

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:09 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’ll be back to his best
He's already there

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:09 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's already there

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's already there
He was damn good at the weekend tbf but not quite at his very best just yet imo.

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:15 PM
Coracao

I think his place is under threat, especially if we are going to be a side who press high up the pitch, as ultimately, you are leaving defenders in potential one on one defensive situations towards the halfway line.

When he's not playing like a clown, Maguire is a solid centre half. But not convinced he is a great fit for the change in play I'd like to see us achieve. Lindelof lacks real pace as well, which leaves Varane as the only one out of the three...and he seems to struggle staying fit. Great

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:19 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think his place is under threat, especially if we are going to be a side who press high up the pitch, as ultimately, you are leaving defenders in potential one on one defensive situations towards the halfway line.

When he's not playing like a clown, Maguire is a solid centre half. But not convinced he is a great fit for the change in play I'd like to see us achieve. Lindelof lacks real pace as well, which leaves Varane as the only one out of the three...and he seems to struggle staying fit. Great
Sums it up for me. Also think he's a confidence player which isn't a ideal. When he's on it he's solid, but the way he's played so far this season isn't acceptable.

Remainder of this season is going to be a turning point for him, which is ideal because it takes 5 months for the £#%&!er to do a 180. Either he finds his form and makes that spot his own, or he crumbles and needs to be dumped.

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

He’d be a wonderful captain for Burnley.

Unread 25-01-2022, 01:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Sums it up for me. Also think he's a confidence player which isn't a ideal. When he's on it he's solid, but the way he's played so far this season isn't acceptable.

Remainder of this season is going to be a turning point for him, which is ideal because it takes 5 months for the £#%&!er to do a 180. Either he finds his form and makes that spot his own, or he crumbles and needs to be dumped.
Now that’s funny

I reckon he’ll come good, win us the CL and float away into the sunset like some sort of magical hot air balloon

Unread 25-01-2022, 02:26 PM
atticusgrinch

The terrible form started from the Leicester game when Ole brought him back in after 1 day of training.

Ralf needs to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Unread 25-01-2022, 02:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
The terrible form started from the Leicester game when Ole brought him back in after 1 day of training.

Ludicrous decision. Beginning of the end that, in hindsight.

He had been shit in every game up to that point too, though.

Unread 25-01-2022, 02:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ludicrous decision. Beginning of the end that, in hindsight.

He had been shit in every game up to that point too, though.
Wasn't he injured?

Unread 25-01-2022, 02:42 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Ole was obsessed with him. Get the feeling he was Ole's man in the dressing room. That high five after the red

Still think Maguire is not as bad as he has been this season. Looks a bag of nerves though.

Unread 25-01-2022, 02:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Wasn't he injured?
Got injured v Villa, had played and been poor in all the games leading up to that one.

Unread 25-01-2022, 02:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Wasn't he injured?
Rushing back for the euros after the injury last season has proper £#%&!ed him.

It felt like our season went to shit as soon as he got injured tbf… that 2-4 defeat to Liverpool ffs
Closed Thread