I’m scared of armchair

There was a poster called Ned
He wanted Maguire dead

Loved to mill
But couldn’t do overkill

In case armers kicked him off fred

Unread 28-12-2021, 07:15 PM
Stickman

He needs to go. Seeing him in the shirt winds me up now, he’s a source of mockery for opposition fans. Can you imagine how much we’d have ripped it out of him had he been Liverpools main centre back while they battled for European places.

Unread 28-12-2021, 07:18 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He needs to go. Seeing him in the shirt winds me up now, he’s a source of mockery for opposition fans. Can you imagine how much we’d have ripped it out of him had he been Liverpools main centre back while they battled for European places.
That's a very valid way to look at we're at. The captain, as well. He should do the right thing, hand the armband over to Ronaldo and concentrate on upping his game.

Unread 28-12-2021, 08:20 PM
Sparky***

He's been £#%&!ing shit this season. Absolutely £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 28-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Sandman

He's always been shit, he's a big lumbering lummox, who likes to think of himself as a John Terry type figure. The sight of of his stupid £#%&!ing face leading United out is a source of great anguish, and homicidal thoughts.

Unread 28-12-2021, 10:54 PM
Dr Stranger

He just isn’t very good. He never was.

Right now, he’s in a terrible spot and is simply awful. We never should have signed him and now we’re stuck with him.

Another example of the drop in standards. Our £80m defender and captain. Our current Bruce, Stam, Rio, Vida…. And of course, he isn’t a patch on any of them.

He’s not even a Berg, Johnsen or Brown.

Unread 28-12-2021, 10:59 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

Unread 28-12-2021, 11:17 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Right now, he’s in a terrible spot and is simply awful. We never should have signed him and now we’re stuck with him.

Another example of the drop in standards. Our £80m defender and captain. Our current Bruce, Stam, Rio, Vida…. And of course, he isn’t a patch on any of them.

He is nowhere bloody near Ronnie Johnsen. Agree re Brown too who was quality on his day. I have such little memory of Berg beyond his 99 Inter Milan heroics. I wonder if he was a shout to start in 99 with Johnsen in midfield then we could have had Beckham and Giggs in their positions.

Unread 28-12-2021, 11:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
He is nowhere bloody near Ronnie Johnsen. Agree re Brown too who was quality on his day. I have such little memory of Berg beyond his 99 Inter Milan heroics. I wonder if he was a shout to start in 99 with Johnsen in midfield then we could have had Beckham and Giggs in their positions.
My point is more that he isn’t even as good as the ‘lesser’ partners of some of best defenders down the years.

Unread 28-12-2021, 11:20 PM
Pop

He's a £#%&!ing #@&%!, that's what he is.

Unread 28-12-2021, 11:22 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:

All of this. Even the Farmer was never as bad as this for so long. Just sell him for whatever we can get. Think we were duped again by city's fake interest.
Won't be winning anything of note with this chancer in the team.

Unread 28-12-2021, 11:33 PM
Stickman

Quote:
My point is more that he isn’t even as good as the ‘lesser’ partners of some of best defenders down the years.
I’m not sure what mine was.

Unread 29-12-2021, 12:55 AM
dunk

Would kill for a Henning Berg or Ronny Johnson now tbh. As for a Wes Brown suddenly appearing from the ranks and staying injury free

Unread 29-12-2021, 08:50 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He's a £#%&!ing #@&%!, that's what he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
All of this. Even the Farmer was never as bad as this for so long. Just sell him for whatever we can get. Think we were duped again by city's fake interest.
Won't be winning anything of note with this chancer in the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's been £#%&!ing shit this season. Absolutely £#%&!ing shit.
Quote:
The forum has spoken. Not sure how the mad4Maguire crowd will take it but they’ll be thanking us when he’s gone and we actually win things again. Ned knows best.

Unread 29-12-2021, 10:21 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The forum has spoken. Not sure how the mad4Maguire crowd will take it but they’ll be thanking us when he’s gone and we actually win things again. Ned knows best.
Just waiting for saffers to call them Harrysexuals.

Unread 29-12-2021, 11:13 AM
MUFCOK

Quote:
It will take a lot more than just Maguire going for us to start winning things. A modern manager with modern, new ideas and a midfield that is actually comfortable on the ball are two things that spring to mind. Let's not even start on the owners.....

Unread 29-12-2021, 11:18 AM
elhombre

Quote:
If you think just getting rid of maguire will help us win things... in the words of the weather girls, have I got news for you...

Unread 29-12-2021, 11:19 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
It will take a lot more than just Maguire going for us to start winning things. A modern manager with modern, new ideas and a midfield that is actually comfortable on the ball are two things that spring to mind. Let's not even start on the owners.....
Oh I totally agree, I just think even with those things implemented, as long as we have Maguire as the linchpin of our defence, then we will never be a top team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
If you think just getting rid of maguire will help us win things... in the words of the weather girls, have I got news for you...
See above, friend.

Unread 29-12-2021, 11:28 AM
Furry Russian hats

Set the tone at the beginning of the Newcastle game, then held onto the ball for what seemed like longer than the last ice age at the end of the game, just when urgency was required.

Having an absolute mare of a season. Needs taking out of the side for a while

Unread 29-12-2021, 11:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Set the tone at the beginning of the Newcastle game, then held onto the ball for what seemed like longer than the last ice age at the end of the game, just when urgency was required.

Having an absolute mare of a season. Needs taking out of the side for a while
Would happily see Lindelof in there for a while.

He was expected to be the odd man out with Varane arriving, but he’s probably been our best defender this season.
Closed Thread