Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2010, 12:45 PM
red @rmy

Default Re: Do you like our new flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
time served red me, reddles.

had my fill of football during my 'glory years'. got to wind down now.

i know you're just making up for time for when you were reduced to shouting the results from the wireless across d-wing to 'bummer bradshaw' and his cellmate.
Time served haha. nowt wrong with tom tyrell tbh.

Unread 30-10-2010, 12:47 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
what about M23
Where orcs come from? It's in mordor innit?

Unread 30-10-2010, 12:51 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Where orcs come from? It's in mordor innit?
Dont understand those references, but I would hazard a guess they are derogatory

M23 is the posh side of wythenshawe, where I lived between the ages of 4 and 29, and where Hark lived aged 0 to 4 before his Mam moved him to dantes inferno

Unread 30-10-2010, 01:39 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
what about M23
i only chose two random postcodes

Unread 30-10-2010, 03:20 PM
irk

Quote:
Dont understand those references, but I would hazard a guess they are derogatory

M23 is the posh side of wythenshawe, where I lived between the ages of 4 and 29, and where Hark lived aged 0 to 4 before his Mam moved him to dantes inferno
That's a lemon torte if I ever read one

Unread 30-10-2010, 04:15 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
bit of a shit flag tbh
should have been gorton, crumpsall, blackley, miles platting, moston and hulme

or something similar
why not change it to stick the postcodes on i.e M1-M22 and have football club
hulme and gorton are pretty blue areas though aren't they? from personal experience anyway

the other places you mentioned though, spot on, red through and through they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
A bit arbitrary. Like all these pointless ruminations on the provenance of the true mancunian.

If prestwich is in bury, Middleton in Rochdale, failsworth in oldham (to take the usual %@#$&!s examples used to points score by the Liam gallaghers of the forum) what of people from stretford? Old Trafford itself, the oots from Salford?

Are people of recent Irish extraction more mancunian than someone from whitefield with parents and grandparents from hulme?

It's all nonsense.
i would actually put money on quite a high percentage of united's "local support" being from salford. yes there are a lot of reds in manchester itself, but half of manchester support the berties. whereas for every blue you see in salford there's about 3 or 4 reds.

of course there is a higher population in manchester than salford but if i go into a red pub in manc city centre, or the stretford end, i've found a fair share of the reds i've spoken to have come from salford

it does make me cringe seeing mancunian reds go on about OOTs and "proper mancs". are we united fans or city fans here? we're the biggest club in the world, of course most of our fanbase are from somewhere without an M postcode.
Closed Thread