United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-06-2022, 08:30 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I still thought we looked very disjointed in that time period. We’ve always looked extremely fragile in the midfield area and there was a distinct lack of cohesion between defence and attack, to the point where some games it didn’t feel like we were playing with a midfield at all.

Stats are misleading.
The words , Nail On the head come too mind there, If the truth be told.

Unread 30-06-2022, 10:00 PM
Dr Stranger

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-of-pre-season

First week impressions and the difference between him, Rangnick and Ole.

Unread 30-06-2022, 10:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I still thought we looked very disjointed in that time period. We’ve always looked extremely fragile in the midfield area and there was a distinct lack of cohesion between defence and attack, to the point where some games it didn’t feel like we were playing with a midfield at all.

Stats are misleading.
Yep.

Unread 30-06-2022, 10:49 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
About 2 weeks until the pissing and moaning starts..
Why have they got a week off:?

Unread 30-06-2022, 11:01 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-of-pre-season

First week impressions and the difference between him, Rangnick and Ole.
Pretty good article. We were great under the cosh counter-attacking under Ole but hopeless with a lot of possession and just rank under Ralf.

Unread 30-06-2022, 11:17 PM
marlo

its weird.

some of you are saying all this about how good it is with a proper coach but refused to call out the laughing clown for his bad impression of a football manager.
some of you even cried when he gave that crying exit interview

Unread 30-06-2022, 11:22 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
its weird.

some of you are saying all this about how good it is with a proper coach but refused to call out the laughing clown for his bad impression of a football manager.
Did you even follow United in 99?

He mightve been a shit manager but he’s a red legend. He scored the most important goal in club football

Unread 30-06-2022, 11:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Who cried ?

Unread 30-06-2022, 11:30 PM
armchair

Quote:
its weird.

There are different types of managers. He was more of a man manager. A kind of Southgate. Very simple tactics nothing too complex. Said it loads but he should've never got the job full-time. Can't blame him for taking it either.

ten hag is a detail and tactics-obsessed, hands-on coach/manager.

Murtough met him years ago. I wonder was the plan for him to take over from Ole caretaker(or even before) and that's why Donny was signed and Ole hated him.

Unread 01-07-2022, 01:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
There are different types of managers. He was more of a man manager. A kind of Southgate. Very simple tactics nothing too complex. Said it loads but he should've never got the job full-time. Can't blame him for taking it either.

ten hag is a detail and tactics-obsessed, hands-on coach/manager.

Murtough met him years ago. I wonder was the plan for him to take over from Ole caretaker(or even before) and that's why Donny was signed and Ole hated him.
And had we waited until the end of the season to decide he wouldnt have got it either. Anyway, water under the bridge.

Bring on the new era.

Unread 01-07-2022, 06:39 AM
Dr Stranger

So we should all ‘move on’ from Pogba, who was still a United player yesterday, but talking about Ole is fine?

Unread 01-07-2022, 07:18 AM
saffers

Proud of the forum!

I don't even need to say things anymore.

Just wait till we start playing some games aswell. For 3 years we suffered!

So many players will improve under this coach.

RE: Molegate. Luke Shaw is still at the club the fat shit.

Unread 01-07-2022, 07:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Proud of the forum!

I don't even need to say things anymore.

Just wait till we start playing some games aswell. For 3 years we suffered!

So many players will improve under this coach.

RE: Molegate. Luke Shaw is still at the club the fat shit.
Who is your money on for improving, Saffers?

I reckon The Scottish Player might surprise a few. And Rashford

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:20 AM
saffers

Quote:

Rashford is number one.

The fact that a decent amount of people actually want to sell THIS:

but it hits home just how bad he has been lately.

He is one of us, if anyone deserves some leeway its him.

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Rashford will improve almost by default.

I've a sneaky feeling for Fred being a lot more useful and Ive never rated him either....

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:30 AM
puressence

Quote:
its weird.

surely its off topic and should be banned from the topic

Unread 01-07-2022, 08:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Rashford will improve almost by default.

I've a sneaky feeling for Fred being a lot more useful and Ive never rated him either....
Fred will be fine. He’s a reliable bugger, just limited, but coaches seem to like him and he was one of the few towards the end of last season who emerged with some credit.

I reckon a few will have new manager bounce before reverting to bad habits - shaw, martial.

Some will be better for a boost of confidence - Maguire, Sancho, Bruno.

There’s always someone who surprises you too. Someone who you didn’t think is finished but flourishes…… Donny?

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:13 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Fred will be fine. He’s a reliable bugger, just limited, but coaches seem to like him and he was one of the few towards the end of last season who emerged with some credit.

I reckon a few will have new manager bounce before reverting to bad habits - shaw, martial.

Some will be better for a boost of confidence - Maguire, Sancho, Bruno.

There’s always someone who surprises you too. Someone who you didn’t think is finished but flourishes…… Donny?
Slab might be ok provided his weaknesses are accounted for. If ETH plays with a high line his pace will be exposed. I suppose you can teach good positioning sense but no amount of that will ever counteract a severe lack of pace when there is space in behind.

Bruno gets a lot of hate , he had a bad season and was still effective. He loses the ball because he is the only one who tries to take risks in an otherwise shit team. Take Bruno away from last season and who can you rely on to create ? He has good close control and good movement which you expect will excel in an ETH team.

Sancho, rashford will be fine. Even the likes of elanga , and fred. I don’t see them being long term first teamers but we will see an improvement in the “hard workers” at the very least .

The importance of binning lingard pogba etc should not be understated. Even letting 100k a week henderson to piss off is a good way to change the mindset of “ if you want to be here work hard, you won’t be given an easy ride doing nothing”

Still would like to see Bailey , Jones, AWB and martial leave.

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:29 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
no one likes a grass pal

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:35 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
This ^ is an off topic post because it's purely meta and about the forum and is NOT relevant to "Erik ten Hag."

Whereas this:

Quote:
its weird.

Refers to ten Hag in comparison to Ole. "how good it is with a proper coach " is about ten Hag. Nothing in your post is.

Use the report button rather than an off topic post to report something off topic.

Anyway back on topic: Erik ten Hag

All white on the night for Ten Hag! New Manchester United boss hits the town with assistant manager Mitchell van de Gaag just two days after laying down the law at his first training session with the Red Devils
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampaign=149 0
Closed Thread