United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:17 PM
borsuk

good that he's gone two from three up front. tevez was a lot less effective than rooney against villarreal, especially in the second half. good decision imo.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:20 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Rooney (in his best position) > Tevez
Crikey Wee Man.
I thought I was the only one left with any sense...or knowledge of football.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Thumbs up

i think fergies got his team just about spot on (swap tevez for berbatov) far better than that square pegs in round holes shite served up at anfield last week

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:22 PM
ScarFace

Tevez has pissed on wayne all season.

Why is'nt brown playing? Gary's 2 games have been " Tetleys no legs pukka pie pub league " standard.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Crikey Wee Man.
I thought I was the only one left with any sense...or knowledge of football.
£#%&!ing hell. Your 'football knowledge' is exclusively getting wound up about the same under performing player again and again. Take a look at yourself.

He's a better player than Tevez, but he shouldn't be starting ahead of him on current form. Imagine how good Wayne would be now if he'd carried on his early career development.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Jez Quigley

the 2 from Tevez/Rooney/Berbatov thing is never going to be easy - I think Tevez is really unlucky here though.

I think the midfield is fine - 3 water carriers and Scholes. We'll try to squeeze them in the middle and protect our back 4.

As for the defence, I can only say this. If he is fit, under no circumstances would I never drop Wes Brown. For a physical game like this, I can only assume he has stood on an upturned plug in the last hour or so.

Anyway, 1-0 to United. Fletcher or Park. It will be a classic.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Tevez has pissed on wayne all season.
All 3 games of it

Rooney was much sharper on Wednesday night.

Berbatov should be on the bench alongside Cristiano "I agree with Blatter. I am indeed a Slave" Ronaldo.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
£#%&!ing hell. Your 'football knowledge' is exclusively getting wound up about the same under performing player again and again. Take a look at yourself.

He's a better player than Tevez, but he shouldn't be starting ahead of him on current form. Imagine how good Wayne would be now if he'd carried on his early career development.
I'm not getting into a Tevez V Rooney debate. I love them both.

Berbatov shouldn't be getting a game ahead of either of them on current form.

Tevez is a terrific player with an outstanding attitude, but Park, Fletcher & Hargreaves will be doing all the chasing & harrying today.
We need Wayne to play to provide a bit of guile & link play.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:32 PM
ScarFace

3league games yes. We've played around 5 or 6 in total and waynes been gash. You're talking about the midweek game when 90% of waynes passes ballooned off a spanish arse or into the crowd

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm not getting into a Tevez V Rooney debate. I love them both.

Berbatov shouldn't be getting a game ahead of either of them on current form.

Tevez is a terrific player with an outstanding attitude, but Park, Fletcher & Hargreaves will be doing all the chasing & harrying today.
We need Wayne to play to provide a bit of guile & link play
Babading babadong - MJ R hits one out the park

Spot on.

Now, can someone please explain why the £#%&! Wes isn't playing

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Sparky***

i think we'll all agree that a point would be a fantastic result today.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
3league games yes. We've played around 5 or 6 in total and waynes been gash. You're talking about the midweek game when 90% of waynes passes ballooned off a spanish arse or into the crowd
That's a different game to the one I saw to be honest.
Rooney's distribution was fine.
I felt the mediocrity of the midfield meant that both Rooney & Tevez were starved of any quality service & we didn't really create anything of note until VillaReal started to attack us in the 2nd half.

It's expected now that Rooney gets it in the neck on here after every game..but Jesus Christ, this one hasn't even started yet & he's already cost us the game

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Mr_Ed

Got a bad feeling about this.... Hope I'm wrong

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:39 PM
MUFC One Love

My main worry is the support for our strikers. When Terry is exposed it shows how shite he is. We'll stop them well, but it's when we get it back.

Looks like a selection for a draw imo.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
knew Rooney would get the nod over Tevez. £#%&!ing @#%&! choice.

The new fletcher.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:46 PM
borsuk

tevez hasn't been dropped because he's better or worse than rooney. he's been dropped because fergie wants the second striker to drop off and go wide when we lose possession. not exactly the most difficult tactic to foresee...

http://utdforum.com/forum/showpost.p...3&postcount=32

park, fletcher, hargreaves and scholes was always going to be the m/f four with carrick out, and i expect hargreaves to be on the right like in the cl final, with fletcher inside. berbatov or tevez was the only toss-up decision for me. neville is a surprise, though. i can only imagine wes has an injury or an illness.

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:49 PM
magic_cantona

Going to watch it now.

£#%&!ING COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:53 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation no deco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

injured in the warm-up!!

ballack starts instead

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Sparky***

deco injured himself in the warm up so ballack is in.

cech

bosingwa terry carvalho cole

jcole lampard ballack obi mikel malouda

anelka

Unread 21-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Spiffy

Mike Riley's the ref. MOTWYW.
Closed Thread