United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:54 AM
violater

vds
neville
rio
vidic
evra
ronaldo
scholes
carrick
giggs
rooney
laarson

subs
saha (cant be relied upon in games like this)
ole
fletcher
jos
kushack

i havent forgotten park i just hope he doesnt make the bench tbh.

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
I likes the cut of yer jib troy my man.
Doffs cap.

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:55 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
. I wouldn't mind too much if vidic plays, but I prefer wes against arsenal for reasons stated previously.
What reasons are these? None seem obvious to me.

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:56 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
edwin

neville g - rio - wes - evra

ronaldo - carrick - scholes - giggs

rooney - saha

bench: loveshack, ole, larsson, vidic, heinze

I realise that bench leaves us with no central/defensive midfield option. I blame fergie - I don't consider fletch, o'shea or park to be options. I wouldn't mind too much if vidic plays, but I prefer wes against arsenal for reasons stated previously.

more important that the selection (and, to a certain extent, the formation) is that we go there to win. not to be conservative. not to play deep and flood the midfield for the first hour. not to strand rooney on the wing and tuck giggs inside. crush them.

wes brown?

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:57 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
to give arsenal a chance with wes making silly mistakes and looking lost in possession of the ball.

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
wes brown?
I think he feels because Vidic is pretty pedestrian when it comes to pace the Arsenal forwards will make him look shit.

And there's a very very good chance of that happening. Defoe and Keane at Spurs last season had him all over the place.

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:58 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think he feels because Vidic is pretty pedestrian when it comes to pace the Arsenal forwards will make him look shit.

And there's a very very good chance of that happening. Defoe and Keane at Spurs last season had him all over the place.
if we want to go for pace why not bring in silvestre

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:00 AM
n48

We're gonna get dicked. It'll open the title race right up again and Jose will be the media's favourite for the next few weeks. Fergies Shevchenko observations rammed down throat etc etc.

The Return of JC

Quote:
I

He was still settling in by then.

But I take your point. Wes seems to handled quicker players better. Vidic is all action and will fight.....but that's not really needed this weekend.

Against Chelsea, yes. But maybe not on Sunday.

Silvestre usually plays quite well against the Arse too.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
vds
neville
rio
vidic
evra
ronaldo
scholes
carrick
rooney
laarson

subs
saha (cant be relied upon in games like this)
ole
fletcher
jos
kushack

i havent forgotten park i just hope he doesnt make the bench tbh.
Very cavalier to go in to an away at Arse with only 10 players.

Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
We're gonna get dicked. It'll open the title race right up again and Jose will be the media's favourite for the next few weeks. Fergies Shevchenko observations rammed down throat etc etc.
Correct.

3-1 to the Arsenal. We'll be lucky if we bag one tbh.

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:03 AM
dodger

Vidic is hardly slow

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:04 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Very cavalier to go in to an away at Arse with only 10 players.

Unless one of the 11 is Fletcher.....

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:04 AM
puressence

game will be 2 each ..fact

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:05 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
game will be 2 each ..fact
Link?

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Vidic is hardly slow
True and I'll be interested to see how he does against Arsenal's pacey attack. For the most part he did well against Villa last week and Baros/that kid are hardly slow.

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:06 AM
jem

Quote:
wes always plays well against arsenal. arsenal play football, they will not bombard the area with crosses. think what baros did to an exposed vidic last week and multiply by ten.

we are not going to get dicked. we are top of the league and we are the better team. arsenal won at old trafford because we were shit, not because they were any good. if we turn out that kind of nervous, pathetic, introverted performance, we deserve to get dicked (although there is no way they will dick us). if we go there believing that we are better than them and £#%&!ing showing it, arsenal could fall apart. not that it will matter if they fall apart. we will simply overwhelm them. but we won't overwhelm them if we don't show any ambition.

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:09 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
True and I'll be interested to see how he does against Arsenal's pacey attack. For the most part he did well against Villa last week and Baros/that kid are hardly slow.
He was at fault for goal, though. Looked very immobile for Agbonlahor's goal.

Hope it was just a one off.

It's not that he's slow, but the basis of his quality, for me, is ariel and his tough tackling and strength.

Frankly, whoever plays, we will have our work cut out.

First real away test of the season and I'll be delighted with a draw......especially if Chelsea fail to win at Anfailed.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:

You put Vidic on Adebayor and pray that Rio doesn't make a total @#%&! of himself against Henry.There might be some sense in playing Wes at RB ahead of G Nev.

MUFC One Love

VDS

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs

Rooney
Saha

Saha will cause more problems with just his presence, these are the games where Larsson is top off the bench. Who are their quick players? Henry is usually dealt with well, Van Persie isn't fast. Vidic will be fine.
Closed Thread