United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:32 PM
BarryX

too many stupid little mistakes from us in the first half - calm down ffs.

we need to exploit them on the wings alot more than we have, as opposed to trying the long ball through the middle.

anderson needs to step it up - he's looking shackled.

We got to try the awesome foursome sooner rather than later. Berbs on for his control and creation (we've only had long range shots) and Tevez on cos he;ll run them ragged.

This is still ours for the taking.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:33 PM
BarryX

Tevez on for Park. Berbs on for Giggs.

Sparky***

their midfielders are just walking through ours unchallenged.

messi is not playing on the right which looks to have stumped us a bit because he's got acres of space in the middle.

Anderson's defensive naivity is being shown up and carrick has been very wasteful.

A poor, poor half apart from the first 10 mins. And we conceeded a piss poor goal as well.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
get that korean off.
Not before the Brazilian who has disappeared up his own arse.

Pretty Boy

We need to play at a higher tempo. I understand its hot, but we need to stop playing their type of game.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Pop

£#%&!ing Spanish bastards

Sparky***

Oh and ronaldo needs to realise this isn't the CR7 show and stop having stupid shots on goal.

jem

Default it has always been there for the taking

but giving away such a shocker hasn't helped. we should have started with berbatov and left park out. the sooner we switch to that, given the way the game is going, the better.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:35 PM
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
get that korean off.
And Evra and Carrick, really disappointed with the first half.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:35 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
£#%&!ing Spanish bastards
couldn't believe it was only one minute of added time. they seem to be killing time at every opportunity..

come on Berbez.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
And Evra and Carrick, really disappointed with the first half.
Understatement. They got a jammy goal and have just kept us at arms length far too £#%&!ing easily.

Apart from literally the first 5 mins their defence has looked comfortable, their midfield invited to come forward and beat people.

Not good.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Barca are there for the taking but our tactics are playing right into their hands. Rooney and Park marking full backs who are shit. Rooney should be central, Ronaldo against Puyol and Tevez should be on.

The problem is we're trying to play a system that requires a 'Fletcher' type player, we currently have Anderson and Giggs completely out of the game, literally out of the game. Either play to your strengths or don't £#%&!ing bother. Puyol is £#%&!ing terrible, Ronaldo would crucify him and Rooney would give them all sorts of problems down the middle, I'd also bring Tevez on for Park 'cos Park is not needed I'm afraid, he's marking himself atm.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:37 PM
ralph

Berbatov has to come on, we need someone who can keep the ball and make something happen

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:37 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Tevez on for Park. Berbs on for Giggs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
their midfielders are just walking through ours unchallenged.

Anderson's defensive naivity is being shown up and carrick has been very wasteful.

A poor, poor half apart from the first 10 mins. And we conceeded a piss poor goal as well.
Agree with all this.

I can still see us winning though.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agree with all this.

I can still see us winning though.
get tevez on or something because this formation is failing miserably.

dunk

Quote:
Oh and ronaldo needs to realise this isn't the CR7 show and stop having stupid shots on goal.
At least he's having a pop. He is starved of service because we can't get a foothold in the midfield, simply because it is Carrick vs. Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets, particularly when we have the ball. I would give anything for Fletcher to be in that midfield, £#%&!ing toothless without him, can't get Giggs in the game, they are isolating him easily, they don't have to even bother about Anderson and they know it.

Pretty Boy

Berbatov on after 55-60mins.

Tevez after 75.

Giggs and Park to come off.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Sparky***

If we switch off again at the back, like we have done several times, and they score a 2nd - then i think it's goodnight vienna.

Fact of the matter is, they don't give the ball away easily - we have.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:39 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
get tevez on or something because this formation is failing miserably.
Tevez and Berbs need to get on.

I think Ronaldo has been one of our better players too.He probably realises that Barca aren't that great and we need to take the game to them.

Carrick should take note.

Unread 27-05-2009, 08:40 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
At least he's having a pop. He is starved of service because we can't get a foothold in the midfield, simply because it is Carrick vs. Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets, particularly when we have the ball. I would give anything for Fletcher to be in that midfield, £#%&!ing toothless without him, can't get Giggs in the game, they are isolating him easily, they don't have to even bother about Anderson and they know it.
the ginger prince would be better off than Anderson if it goes on.

And we HAVE to run at Pique now he's on the yellow.