United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Withers

We have the opportunity to put this tie to bed tonight.

Bring Rooney inside and put Anderson on the left, he can still track back against Walcott.

Oh and I nominate scousebasher as bedders replacement.

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:37 PM
naes_sean

Anderson has been brilliant. Can't just pick out one player from that first half but Anderson has been fantastic.

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:38 PM
hopkins

lovely to see the midfield steaming forward. no way was big andy offside

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:39 PM
taff

i see almunia appears to have come down with a case of Friedel Syndrome.

armchair

"I'd pay 50 million for him" - J.Giles on Tevez

MUFC One Love

If Anderson could pick a good final ball he'd be outstanding, even at his age. It will come with time though.

Ether

That was £#%&!ing brilliant. More of the same in the 2nd please, we can put this to bed tonight

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Sparky***

praying for 2nd and (dream time ) a 3rd goal. Would be perfect.

But i'm still cautious. Don't like it when we let arsenal slip into that passing rhythm 20 yards from goal.

paddy2times

andy gray:£#%&!er:when vds out of his goal...shoot!....impartial my £#%&!in arse

naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
"I'd pay 50 million for him" - J.Giles on Tevez
What does the rest of the band say?

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Zorg

The bummers look dangerous going forward, but their defence is so hilariously £#%&! the tie really could be all but finished tonight. It's just about taking chances.

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:42 PM
MUFC One Love

I just worry United will lower the tempo, which will suit Arsenal. There were signs towards the end of the 1st half we were slowing down. They are well and truly awful at the back, to the point where you can't actually believe how much space we're getting, if we want it there's at least 2 more goals for us here. Could quite easily be a score draw though if United take the foot off the pedal.

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I just worry United will lower the tempo, which will suit Arsenal.
Me too. Fergie's assertion that 1-0 will do makes me think he'll shut up shop a bit and try to protect the lead. Hope I'm wrong though

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
What does the rest of the band say?
"Berbatov is a waste of space" and "Ronaldo hasn't bothered his arse tonight".

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Withers

I saw signs of us sitting back a bit in the last 10 minutes of that half.

We don't need to against this team, but they will be a different side at Arsenal. They would be happy with 1-0 at the moment.

I would still fancy us if it finished 1-0, I just think we have the chance to take the nerves out of the second leg.

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Withers

Quote:
I just worry United will lower the tempo, which will suit Arsenal. There were signs towards the end of the 1st half we were slowing down. They are well and truly awful at the back, to the point where you can't actually believe how much space we're getting, if we want it there's at least 2 more goals for us here. Could quite easily be a score draw though if United take the foot off the pedal.
Agreed.

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
I endorse this post.

I don't want us to make the second leg harder than it needs to be, as in the last two rounds. At least we're ahead, if I had a choice of 1-0 or 2-1, I know what I'd take.

I'd much rather 3-0, mind...

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
We need to keep our tempo up, it's essential.

We could, COULD, get one foot in the final tonight if we are clinical enough. But we know United, everything the hard way.

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
You could say I experienced a freeze-frame.
J-Geils Band - Nostalgia City or what?

Unread 29-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Lok

This ref is shit.
Closed Thread